The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adorned Graves - New Album 2023

+13
CrimsonWarrior
Sevenoneself
crucifyd
Temple of Blood
Christian metal Horde
strangerhoncho
cailen
Ammocas
Frozen Fire
Pethead
Constantine
mothy
Kerrick
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Adorned Graves - New Album 2023 - Page 2 Empty Re: Adorned Graves - New Album 2023

Post by Pethead Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:35 am

Any plans to make this available on Bandcamp? I ask because the next Bandcamp Friday is next week.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Temple of Blood, cailen, mothy and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Adorned Graves - New Album 2023 - Page 2 Empty Re: Adorned Graves - New Album 2023

Post by Christian metal Horde Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:46 am

Awesome, i will promote this release to.
Love this band

Christian metal Horde
Christian metal Horde
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.instagram.com/christianmetalhorde?igsh=ZHl5ZzlqazUxa

cailen, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:56 am

Pethead wrote:Any plans to make this available on Bandcamp? I ask because the next Bandcamp Friday is next week.

Fixed.

I thought it was available there but now it is. Thanks.
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Pethead, mothy and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:58 am

It is the end of July and „The Earth Hath Opened her Mouth” was released more than a month ago. 
Which are your favorite tracks? Which song do you listen the most to?

The more epic tracks: Epitaph I+ II, Wind over Glen, Valley of Achor
The traditional bangers in gravesstyle: Pilgrim´s Path, Progenitors, Valley of Achor
The epic dooomers: Beyond the Silence, Lord of the Stone
The death-thrashers: Son of Soil, On a white pale Hill, Vaults and Caverns,
Or can´t you decide?
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

My Awesome Timothy and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:46 pm

I'm still digging into the album but my favorite song by quite the margin is Beyond The Silence. 

I can be doing something and no matter what it is, if this song comes on it is absolutely arresting! This song would fit in as the best track on Black Sabbath's Tony Martin trilogy of Headless Cross, Tyr, or Eternal Idol. Those were fantastic albums for what they were and this is on that level, at the highest level musically and vocally. An amazing track!
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Black Rider, cailen and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:00 am

Good job gentlemen!
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

cailen, Kerrick, Pethead, mothy and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:49 am

this record is REALLY good...
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

cailen, Pethead, Sevenoneself and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:18 pm

I had not looked at this thread until this morning--after I saw that quite of few of you were listening to this (ToB being the most recent). This sounds really great! I'm going to spin the whole album today. Great job guys!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

cailen and Kerrick like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:08 pm

Thank you all for your support and great and nice comments to our album, we really appreciate that very much!

@ Frozen Fire: Thank you for your compliments on "Beyond the Silence". It is one of our oldest songs 
    (maybe riff and lyrics written in 1997) and was finally finished for this record. 
    John J. Cuijpers on vocals and our lead guitarist Andreas Wormser made it shine after all this time. 
      I am very happy with the result. We have heard similar comments like yours in german reviews and that is just  WOW
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Kerrick, Frozen Fire, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:25 pm

I've listened twice so far and I am super impressed. Great stuff. I agree with Frozen Fire that there is something extra special about Beyond the Silence - it is an incredible track.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

cailen and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:29 pm

News September 2023:

The Earth Hath Opened her Mouth Limited Edition was sold out by the end of august.
For the collectors of you who have missed it: I have seen that Nordic Mission has maybe 2-4 pieces left available.

The reviews in Germany have been overwhelming. Reviews in english: Mauce.nl and angelic warlord is about to write one.

We will finish the recordings to "the lost track" hopefully this year and release it via Bandcamp then.

As for the "favorite song of..." topics and posts on this board at the moment: 
What is your favorite song on The Earth Hath Opened Her Mouth or of the Adorned Graves?

(I know that Kerrick has switched Tourniquet off today and is listening to Psalm 88 Wink )
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Kerrick, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:13 pm

cheers

The glowing reviews are very well deserved!  I suspect The Earth... is going to wind up on most everyone's AOTY lists.

My favorite track off of it is easily Beyond the Silence - which may end up being my favorite AG song yet!  Psalm 88 and Rheingold are right up there too.

I also really love the more epic/atmospheric tracks like Source of Life, etc.  These tracks often get overlooked in such lists because they're best in context of the full albums, but Adorned Graves' very well done and significantly enhance the albums IMO.

Ok now back to my regularly-scheduled Tourniquet listening.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Black Rider, cailen, Ammocas and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:55 pm

My favorite is either Son of Soil or Pilgrim’s Path at this point. Could change.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider, cailen, Ammocas and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:39 pm

Might be Lord Of the Stone, sounds like something Warlord might do musically but Son of Soil and On A White Pale Hill are also great.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

cailen, Pethead, Ammocas and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:28 pm

Kerrick wrote:cheers

The glowing reviews are very well deserved!  I suspect The Earth... is going to wind up on most everyone's AOTY lists.

My favorite track off of it is easily Beyond the Silence - which may end up being my favorite AG song yet!  Psalm 88 and Rheingold are right up there too.
^This.^ Beyond The Silence and Rheingold are my favorite songs from Adorned Graves.

The whole album is a winner from start to finish. Epitaph I & II, Pilgrim’s Path, Progenitors, Vaults and Caverns and On A White Pale Hill are standouts for me.

Epitaph II has great lyrics…one of my favorite scriptures in Isaiah.
Vaults and Caverns is a killer tune reminiscent of Betrayal with Chris Ackerman on vocals.
There is a lot to like on this album…congrats on the cd selling out. Now, hurry up on The Lost Track!
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

cailen, Kerrick and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:52 pm

Beyond the Silence is currently my favorite track from this album.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, cailen, Kerrick, Ammocas and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:13 am

Thanks a lot for your love and kind words!

"I also really love the more epic/atmospheric tracks like Source of Life, etc.  These tracks often get overlooked in such lists because they're best in context of the full albums, but Adorned Graves' very well done and significantly enhance the albums IMO." (Kerrick)

That is a very good and true detection!

@Pethead: Very nice! These are both songs my brother wrote and we call them the Graves "hits" because they strike directly and are "in your face" songs. My brother has a very good feel for writing those powerful songs.

@Black Rider: Andreas wrote the music I wrote the lyrics/words and we both are huge Warlord fans. Thanks a lot!

@Ammocas: Thanks a lot! Yes we hurry on the lost track! It will be very fast track but it is still lost. Hopefully we will find the 2nd arrangement soon...

@CrimsonWarrior: Yes! you are not the only one and that makes us happy. As I wrote to Frozen Fire above: "Beyond the  
    Silence". It is one of our oldest songs (maybe riff and lyrics written in 1997) and was finally finished for this record. 
    John J. Cuijpers on vocals and our lead guitarist Andreas Wormser made it shine after all this time. 
      I am very happy with the result.

Thank you all!
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

CrimsonWarrior, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:01 pm

quotes from this forum:
Adorned Graves - The Earth Hath Opened Her Mouth

Imo the AG album suffers from being too long. I might try to create a modified tracklist, cutting out a couple songs and rearranging others and see if I like it more.

I understand that: The album is like a book or film in overlength and has to be this long lasting.
BUT if it is to much for your personal taste you just can pick the songs you like and modify the tracklist 
for a running time of 35 - 45 minutes if that fits for you.

I am very interested in the result.

other quote
"Generally I don’t like albums that are that long. But that AG is good stuff." - 

Thanks a lot. We understand and appreciate both sides of comments like these.
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Kerrick, CrimsonWarrior, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:27 pm

cailen wrote:quotes from this forum:
Adorned Graves - The Earth Hath Opened Her Mouth

Imo the AG album suffers from being too long. I might try to create a modified tracklist, cutting out a couple songs and rearranging others and see if I like it more.

I understand that: The album is like a book or film in overlength and has to be this long lasting.
BUT if it is to much for your personal taste you just can pick the songs you like and modify the tracklist 
for a running time of 35 - 45 minutes if that fits for you.

I am very interested in the result.

other quote
"Generally I don’t like albums that are that long. But that AG is good stuff." - 

Thanks a lot. We understand and appreciate both sides of comments like these.

Cailen, that shows alot of humility on your part to take that constructive criticism! That will help you go far. I'm impressed!

There are two bands that I am a RABID fan of--Tourniquet and Dream Theater. I have taken songs from both of them and made shortened versions b/c my opinion is that they are WAY too long (with Dream Theater I actually saw them perform the song live without one of the middle parts; and come to think of it, I've seen Tourniquet do that with at least one song as well). This doesn't mean I don't like these bands, they are both in my top 10 of all time.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

cailen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:14 pm

This is one of my new favorite albums of all time, right up there with Theocracy’s Mirror of Souls and Epta Astera’s Feste Burg (if you haven’t heard of that one, go listen to it!). Adorned Graves has improved significantly since Out of the Depths, and that’s saying something because Out of the Depths was an amazing album as well. The different vocalists provide very interesting variety.  And I love the long songs. I am a sucker for longer metal songs in general, and the ones here certainly don’t disappoint!
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

cailen, Kerrick and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:00 pm

Welcome to CMR Seth!  I see you have good taste in music.  Smile  I've been singing Epta Astera's praises here for quite a while; I'm glad to see someone else who enjoys their tunes as well!

Tyrant
Tyrant

cailen, Sevenoneself and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:07 pm

My favorite songs on this album are Lord of the Stone, Valley of Achor, and Epitaph 2 (hard to pick a single favorite of those three). Btw are there any plans to make the lyrics available? I could not find them on the official AG site or Metal Archives.
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

cailen, Ammocas and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:45 am

cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Kerrick, Pethead, Sevenoneself and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:05 pm

Thank you!
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

cailen and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:14 pm

Cailen, mind if I add the lyrics to the Metal Archives?

Tyrant
Tyrant

cailen, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next