The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trebuchet SDG (melodic black metal)

+5
Drawnsword
Frozen Fire
CrimsonWarrior
Pethead
Kerrick
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Trebuchet SDG (melodic black metal) - Page 2 Empty Re: Trebuchet SDG (melodic black metal)

Post by CrimsonWarrior Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:20 pm

Pethead wrote:It reminds me a lot of Marble Tomb, although at this point I'd still put MT above it by a hair. 

There are some killer lyrics on this thing!
I like it a bit more than Dawn of the Vertical Flame, but both of them are great albums. I should read those lyrics soon! I love it when bands are boldly Protestant.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Trebuchet SDG (melodic black metal) - Page 2 Empty Re: Trebuchet SDG (melodic black metal)

Post by Kerrick Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:22 pm

I've only glanced at the lyrics but they look most excellent.  Smile  I look forward to digging into 'em once I get a chance.

The comparison to Marble Tomb is definitely apt.  It's a tough one to say, but I think TSDG is winning ever so slightly for me.  Regardless, it's awesome to see some fresh true quality in the scene.

Tyrant
Tyrant

CrimsonWarrior and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:48 pm

CrimsonWarrior wrote:
Pethead wrote:It reminds me a lot of Marble Tomb, although at this point I'd still put MT above it by a hair. 

There are some killer lyrics on this thing!
I like it a bit more than Dawn of the Vertical Flame, but both of them are great albums. I should read those lyrics soon! I love it when bands are boldly Protestant.
Amen, brother! Give me more of it!  tarddance
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Kerrick and CrimsonWarrior like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:32 am

Just read the lyrics and WOW, that was great! I love the album even more now. I can't think of any other album, especially in black metal, with better lyrics than this.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:49 am

On further thought (and upon seeing my own avatar, lol), Weapons of Our Warfare also has uniquely great lyrics.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:04 pm

This is probably where I differ from most people here, but I lost any interest in listening to this after looking at the lyrics.

I'm not Roman Catholic, but the whole "antichrist of Rome" stuff is cringe and I'd rather listen to Christian bands that don't engage in inter-Christian feuding.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:26 pm

Tyrant
Tyrant

Ammocas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:12 pm

Son of Nun wrote:I'm not Roman Catholic, but the whole "antichrist of Rome" stuff is cringe and I'd rather listen to Christian bands that don't engage in inter-Christian feuding.
I actually loved that he was willing to say this because Protestants these days are often too soft on Rome.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:09 pm

Through The Dark Ages is getting a CD release!

https://trebuchetsdgtcc.bandcamp.com/album/through-the-dark-ages

Tyrant
Tyrant

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:54 pm

I prefer a physical release but with a traycard, no booklet to speak of, and thus no lyrics it is a waste for me. I already purchased digitally. Charon Collective discourages me from physical releases because tray cards are the only booklet.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddierecords1 Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:28 pm

Frozen Fire wrote:I prefer a physical release but with a traycard, no booklet to speak of, and thus no lyrics it is a waste for me. I already purchased digitally. Charon Collective discourages me from physical releases because tray cards are the only booklet.
Do they release the cds in jewelcases or cardboard digipaks? If jewel case do they basically release it like a pc game that was in the big box? Just a jewelcase with a front and back 1 page bookelt? If so ugh. Not for me.

Maddierecords1
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian metal Horde Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:00 pm

Its so good this artist
Christian metal Horde
Christian metal Horde
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.instagram.com/christianmetalhorde?igsh=ZHl5ZzlqazUxa

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2