The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disciple - Skeleton Psalms

+5
ReedBenson
Frozen Fire
eatbugs
Fundy
Samson
9 posters

Go down

Disciple - Skeleton Psalms Empty Disciple - Skeleton Psalms

Post by Samson Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:35 am

They released a couple songs a few months ago, but the entire album officially dropped about a month ago. I have been streaming this one quite frequently at work. Longtime Disciple fan here.

Samson
Samson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Fundy, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Disciple - Skeleton Psalms Empty Re: Disciple - Skeleton Psalms

Post by Fundy Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:44 am

Yes, another great album.  I thought maybe just 10 songs was a bit short, but as they're solid songs, it doesn't really matter.
Favourites would have to be Bow Down and Bad Words.

I reckon they should re-issue their first independent albums (before What Was I Thinking?)  That would be really cool.  Trail of Tears and Lake of Fire.  I'm sure there'd be a market for that...  maybe they don't want to release them though?
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

alldatndensum, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:03 pm

They (and Skillet) need to stop the deluxe edition thing.  I know if I wait two years there will be a Skeleton Psalms deluxe edition with a bunch of new songs on it, so I'll wait.  I never did buy Love Letter Kill Shot because the deluxe edition was never released on CD.  I've been a fan since My Daddy Can Whip Your Daddy, so this is hard to say, but this is the stuff that loses me as a fan.

I'd love to see the super-early stuff reissued too.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Fundy, Pethead, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:15 pm

eatbugs wrote:They (and Skillet) need to stop the deluxe edition thing.  I know if I wait two years there will be a Skeleton Psalms deluxe edition with a bunch of new songs on it, so I'll wait.  I never did buy Love Letter Kill Shot because the deluxe edition was never released on CD.  I've been a fan since My Daddy Can Whip Your Daddy, so this is hard to say, but this is the stuff that loses me as a fan.

I'd love to see the super-early stuff reissued too.
I didn't know there was a deluxe of LLKS! I guess I wasn't paying attention.

As far as the new album goes, I like it but not as much as the last two. Long Live The Rebels and Love Letter Kill Shot were up with in their top 5 for me. This is better than average but a little less consistent. Bow Down is an instant classic. My kids love Bad Words. 20/20 Blind is a personal favorite. Seven out of ten tracks are great. For me, Resurrecting Reasons is a little dull though I love the message. For the Life of Me is way too familiar album closer. I've heard way too many songs like that over the years. The title track has a terrible lead riff and bogs down the album early in the tracklisting.

Good album, not amazing. Thankful these guys around and hoping my boys finally get to see them live now that they are older and the COVID crud is over. Still one of my favorite bands going and maybe the best showmen of them all.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReedBenson Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:46 am

I like it on first listen. Back Again is still my favorite, but this one is on th higher end of everything that came after that, IMO.

ReedBenson
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Black Rider and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:17 am

Fundy wrote:Yes, another great album.  I thought maybe just 10 songs was a bit short, but as they're solid songs, it doesn't really matter.

I reckon they should re-issue their first independent albums (before What Was I Thinking?)  That would be really cool.  Trail of Tears and Lake of Fire.  I'm sure there'd be a market for that...  maybe they don't want to release them though?
Those are both up on YouTube, had no idea they had albums before that first CD! Pretty good, but my guess is that they will never release those, be seen as an embarrassment to the core fan base.
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Fundy and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:28 am

Horseshoes and Handgrenades will probably always be my favorite, but this is another good album. Love these guys.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:37 pm

I would love to hear Lake of Fire remastered, I actually prefer it's sound over their modern rock stuff.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:31 am

Pro-Zak wrote:
Fundy wrote:Yes, another great album.  I thought maybe just 10 songs was a bit short, but as they're solid songs, it doesn't really matter.

Those are both up on YouTube, had no idea they had albums before that first CD! Pretty good, but my guess is that they will never release those, be seen as an embarrassment to the core fan base.
I remember asking Kevin about them getting a release some day, when I saw them live, and he just rolled his eyes............

He seemed to be almost embarrassed to even talk about them lol
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Fundy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down