The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MERCY RULE - "Overruled" FINALLY Gets Reissued!!

+3
BaleMaster
Frozen Fire
Constantine
7 posters

Go down

MERCY RULE - "Overruled" FINALLY Gets Reissued!! Empty MERCY RULE - "Overruled" FINALLY Gets Reissued!!

Post by Constantine Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:41 pm

After decades, this long-lost album is finally being reissued!  Roxx has been working with the band and Rob Colwell did a remix and remaster and Scott Waters did the cover and graphics.  There are at least 5 bonus tracks, a 4-song demo and "Cities Are Burning" from the Underground Metal compilation.

Mercy Rule (not to be confused with other bands of the same name) was a commercial hard rock band from Michigan. They put out this one album in 1989, it got poor distribution, and they were never heard from again. Despite some good music and playing - especially from the two guitarists - the thin and muddy production spoiled things, but not completely. Musically they sound like early Stryper, early Dokken, also a lighter version of Rage Of Angels. Vocalist Aaron Byrnes sounds at times like Klaus Meine from Scorpions, especially on the ballad "If You Only Knew."

A good producer and a bigger recording budget would have really made this a much stronger album.. But Roxx has given it a remix and proper remaster so it will be interesting so hear how it all turned out. Best songs: Lonely Heart, Don't Cha Know, Prodigal, If You Only Knew, Real Love

https://roxxrecords.com/blogs/news/mercy-rule-overruled-to-get-the-roxx-records-remaster-treatment-it-deserves

Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Pethead and Ammocas like this post

Back to top Go down

MERCY RULE - "Overruled" FINALLY Gets Reissued!! Empty Re: MERCY RULE - "Overruled" FINALLY Gets Reissued!!

Post by Frozen Fire Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:57 pm

I haven't really bought any of these "long lost" rereleases over the years. i came close on the Paradox albums a few times. This sounds pretty cool.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Ammocas and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

MERCY RULE - "Overruled" FINALLY Gets Reissued!! Empty Re: MERCY RULE - "Overruled" FINALLY Gets Reissued!!

Post by BaleMaster Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:13 pm

Heh.  A few years ago, I ordered the vinyl from Mother Russia (!) for a couple of rubles.  I would like to buy the cd + bonus tracks.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Ammocas and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:02 pm

This is one I never heard of…I’d be willing to check it out though based on that song posted….sounds good! Sometimes these rereleased albums are tough to get into…for example, Roxx put out the band Omega from England a while back…it’s very hard to listen to. I appreciate what Roxx does for these "lost albums” though.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:52 pm

Ammocas wrote:This is one I never heard of…I’d be willing to check it out though based on that song posted….sounds good! Sometimes these rereleased albums are tough to get into…for example, Roxx put out the band Omega from England a while back…it’s very hard to listen to. I appreciate what Roxx does for these "lost albums” though.

The Omega release just simply wasn't good.  It was a total dud.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Ammocas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:46 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Ammocas wrote:This is one I never heard of…I’d be willing to check it out though based on that song posted….sounds good! Sometimes these rereleased albums are tough to get into…for example, Roxx put out the band Omega from England a while back…it’s very hard to listen to. I appreciate what Roxx does for these "lost albums” though.

The Omega release just simply wasn't good.  It was a total dud.
Yeah…that’s probably the best way to describe it. Although, every now and then I’ll play it and hope I can get into it…I just don’t.🥴
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:34 am

Listened to some of the Mercy Rule, it's okay but pretty simple. Back in the day I might've been more interested but I'm not pursuing it now.

Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:49 am

I see that a few people are trying to unload their original release CD's on eBay now...probably in hopes that some collectors don't know about the reissue.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Black Rider, Pethead and Ammocas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed May 03, 2023 9:32 pm

Constantine wrote:I see that a few people are trying to unload their original release CD's on eBay now...probably in hopes that some collectors don't know about the reissue.

It has been a couple of years since I even checked out eBay.  But, because of your suggestion, I listed my copy and sold it for a lot more than I am paying for the remastered reissue.

Gotta love some capitalism!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Thu May 25, 2023 3:36 pm

Kept my original for the collection.  Snagged the new one to listen to.  

Thoughts:  The mix is OBVIOUSLY better, and the sound quality it leaps and bounds better.  Love the repackaged booklet.  Glad to have it.  This doesn't save the album from a couple of less-than-great tracks that sound forced and rushed.  Couple of places where the vocals are still a bit buried.  

Roxx does amazing things.  I love the Judea, Soldier, Eternal Ryte, and Malachia reissues in a BIG way.  Sometimes you have to remember they are working with demo-only material that even a big time remix/remaster can't fix.  These projects are more so the music isn't lost forever and so others can hear what some of us demo collectors have been listening to for years.

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Staybrite, Pethead and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down