The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

compilation order

2 posters

Go down

compilation order Empty compilation order

Post by crucifyd Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:18 am

pardon my stupidity but it really drives me nuts, and I have never understood,
why compilations are usually, or at least very often, in reverse chronological order
(newest release first all the way down to first release last)

so, why are comps in reverse chronological order?
what say you?
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

compilation order Empty Re: compilation order

Post by Soldier777 Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:48 am

I'm selective about the compilations I'll buy. I only buy them if there is something significant offered like a thick booklet with a chronology of the bands history or cool pics or new or unreleased tracks or any combination of these. If a compilation only offers no unreleased tracks with a simple cheap booklet I won't get it. Some great compilations I have in my collection are the 2 from Narnia (Decade of Confession and Sola Deo Gloria), Stryper (Can't Stop the Rock and 7) and Jerusalem (Tretti). The great thing about compilations is if you are daoing stuff around the house, going on a road trip or spending an afternoon running errands and you aren't in the mood to use the blue tooth in your car to play songs from your device, compilations are a great way to play a long albums as usually the CD is jammed full of songs. 

I had White Cross One More Encore, Angelica Greatest Hits and Deliverance a Decade of and sold them. I did not like the rerecording of No second Chances on One More Encore. Regarding the 2 latter ones, I had all the songs anyway and the artwork wasn't that great and were cheaply done by Intense Records to fulfill the contract to make money. Regarding song order, I prefer it if the band had input in selecting the song order along with the layout and artwork rather than the record company slapping something together in a hurry with a cheap insert to get the product out there. I didn't like it when Star Song from 1989 to 1995 released several compilation albums of Petra with no unreleased material to make money off of Petra after they left and went with Word. The only compilation worth getting was War and Rememberance that came with a neat booklet and maybe 40th Anniversary or The Ultimate Collection or the new Girder 50 Compilation. The 3 medleys that were rerecorded (Radio Daze, Power Praise and Rock Block) are good but depending on if you can buy these songs you can download these along with other Petra related songs and create your own compilation. I have a homemade CD of around 10 Petra related songs that weren't on any other album.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down