The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 and my stories with Antestor, Stryper and Demon Hunter live concerts [Protests, funny moments, etc]...

Go down

2013 and my stories with Antestor, Stryper and Demon Hunter live concerts [Protests, funny moments, etc]... Empty 2013 and my stories with Antestor, Stryper and Demon Hunter live concerts [Protests, funny moments, etc]...

Post by Lex Metalis Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:17 am

2013 was the best year of my life in terms of live shows.

In a space of 4 months I saw my 3 favorite international bands + countless of my favorites from the national scene.

And the first part of this epic journey began exactly 10 years ago on a day that had everything: the concert hall flooded due to a torrential downpour, a last-minute change of location to a mega small and cramped space, Norwegians tasting typical food and an intimate show by the Nordic band as good people as possible with countless friends. It looked like a private party 😂

Finally, to all those involved and participants in this memorable day, happy 10 years of Antestor in Espírito Santo!

- - -

--- 

2013 and my stories with Antestor, Stryper and Demon Hunter live concerts [Protests, funny moments, etc]... Aes0311

Antestor, Prayer (opening band), me and a friend
the initial place for the concert  / the actual place where the concert happened
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

mothy likes this post

Back to top Go down

2013 and my stories with Antestor, Stryper and Demon Hunter live concerts [Protests, funny moments, etc]... Empty Re: 2013 and my stories with Antestor, Stryper and Demon Hunter live concerts [Protests, funny moments, etc]...

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:26 am

10 years ago, a group of about 20 or more 'secular' metal fans went in front of a Antestor concert to protest that, according to them, a Christian band couldn't play metal, even worse extreme metal.

I was arriving from a long trip (13 hours) and already knowing that there were threats of fights, I took a short taxi ride (about 300 or 400m) but that saved my life, because my route would pass through this same group and how I was initially on foot, I would have no chance against them.

The Antestor show was as amazing as you can imagine, but also see the video of the said protest, just to see how ridiculous it was, haha

me giving a stage diving at 1:57

---

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

2013 and my stories with Antestor, Stryper and Demon Hunter live concerts [Protests, funny moments, etc]... Empty Re: 2013 and my stories with Antestor, Stryper and Demon Hunter live concerts [Protests, funny moments, etc]...

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:26 am

Exactly 10 years ago I ended what would be my best year in terms of shows.
In 2013 I could see for the first time:

My favorite extreme metal band (Antestor - 3x in January);
My favorite hard rock/heavy metal band (Stryper - 1x in February);
And in April, I saw my favorite newer-sounding band, Demon Hunter, for the first (and possibly only) time.

- - -

On that day I met people that I remain friends with until today and I fulfilled a dream that I had had since I met DH in 2008. It was an incredible experience that I can't get out of my head.

The band certainly saw that night (and also the previous one in São Paulo) that there is no audience like the Brazilian one...

Ah, to keep with the custom... Demon Hunter, come to Brazil!

Set list of the day

2013 and my stories with Antestor, Stryper and Demon Hunter live concerts [Protests, funny moments, etc]... Dh201311
2013 and my stories with Antestor, Stryper and Demon Hunter live concerts [Protests, funny moments, etc]... 74022dc2-6ab5-43e9-a618-55ce0140c239
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down