The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project

5 posters

Go down

LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project Empty LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project

Post by REF Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:14 pm

Back in the 70's I was playing drums in a Connecticut band, we named Legend. It was a power trio, playing a mixed genre of music. We recorded one album, From the Fjords, which was released in 1979. I became a Christian in March of that year, left the band and went on with life in various ministries. Come to find out in 2006, the album became internationally known and was a collector's item in genres of Rock and Metal. I was shocked, to say the least. After receiving many requests from record companies to offer an 'official' reissue of the recording (against all the bootlegs in print) I ended up working with a company from Greece, Sonic Age Records, and they did an excellent job, in 2019.

I had already rewritten all the lyrics to reflect a biblical, Christian message and had ideas for a rerecording project but, the necessary elements were not in place for me at the time. Today, I am in a better position to do so. The record company is excited for such a new revisiting of the material. The guitarist passed away in the 80's. The bassist is not interested.

I am open to finding websites or ways to search for new musicians to record the new project. My wife and I live in rural Texas and aside from personal recording projects, access to musicians of the caliber of the original guitarist and bassist, that are committed believers, is a rarity at best.

If anyone knows of any avenues to pursue to find such musicians, I'd appreciate being directed.

Thank you - Ray

REF
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project Empty Re: LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:36 pm

WOW!

I love your band and might be interested myself if you would have me.  I sing and play guitar, rhythm and lead.  My band Temple of Blood was also a power trio for years with me playing those roles.  I also recorded vocals for the epic power metal band Cauldron Born years ago.

I also know many musicians personally who I might be able to reach out to that could help.

Welcome to the CMR and may God bless your music!
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project Empty Re: LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project

Post by REF Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:45 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:WOW!

I love your band and might be interested myself if you would have me.  I sing and play guitar, rhythm and lead.  My band Temple of Blood was also a power trio for years with me playing those roles.  I also recorded vocals for the epic power metal band Cauldron Born years ago.

I also know many musicians personally who I might be able to reach out to that could help.

Welcome to the CMR and may God bless your music!

I appreciate that. Thank you. There's more info at my website but, rules state I can't put website links in a post yet.

REF
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:00 pm

I am a bass player who has recorded for myself as Mission Of One and Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band.  I have also done tracks for Lordchain, Liberty 'n Justice, Incarnate, Joshua's Creed, and am working on some new stuff myself.  I have recording gear at home.  I might could help you out.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:22 pm

Very cool! Good luck!

You came to a good place. There have been and are some very talented musicians who frequent here.
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by REF Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:29 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I am a bass player who has recorded for myself as Mission Of One and Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band.  I have also done tracks for Lordchain, Liberty 'n Justice, Incarnate, Joshua's Creed, and am working on some new stuff myself.  I have recording gear at home.  I might could help you out.

Hi. There's more info at my website but, I can't post a link for seven days so, if you do a search for Drums in his heart, you should find the site. Once there, click on the Legend Revisited tab and check it out and see what you think. 

If you have any particular examples of your playing you'd like me to hear, let me know. 

I appreciate your interest and time. Thank you.

REF
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by REF Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:31 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:Very cool! Good luck!

You came to a good place. There have been and are some very talented musicians who frequent here.

Thanks for the encouraging words. I appreciate that.

REF
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:52 pm

REF wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:I am a bass player who has recorded for myself as Mission Of One and Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band.  I have also done tracks for Lordchain, Liberty 'n Justice, Incarnate, Joshua's Creed, and am working on some new stuff myself.  I have recording gear at home.  I might could help you out.

Hi. There's more info at my website but, I can't post a link for seven days so, if you do a search for Drums in his heart, you should find the site. Once there, click on the Legend Revisited tab and check it out and see what you think. 

If you have any particular examples of your playing you'd like me to hear, let me know. 

I appreciate your interest and time. Thank you.

Here is a track from the most recent recording I have been involved in.  I have had the privledge of doing several songs on two of the rock worship EPs that Lordchain has done.  I tried to give them what they wanted with the song and put a few embellishments here and there to express myself as I would as a bass player.

Here is an original song I released a few years ago under the band name Mission Of One.  The bass work isn't that phenomenal, but I was trying to give the music that classic 80's metal sound and the song just didn't need much.  While sometimes you need more technical bass work, this one needed to just rock with the guitars for a big fat sound.  I am doing all rhythm guitars, bass, and vocals.  I also wrote the song.

Lastly, here is a song from one of my two blues albums that I did as Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band.  I am doing everything in this song except for the drums.  All guitars, bass, and vocals are me.  I do wish the slide solo were louder, but I didn't want to spend more $$$ on mixing to fix it.  I know better now.  LOL

This will give you a brief idea of what I can and have done.  All samples may not be what you are looking for, but it does give you a taste.  I am definitely a follower of Christ and wish to use my music to glorify Him.  I also have the ability to record at home and can send you files from my home in Tennessee should we choose to work together.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by REF Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:20 pm

Thanks for the examples of what you're into. That last song showcased things the best. Quite the story line. Well done.

REF
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:22 pm

I'm listening to the original album now on You Tube....I like it, it was ahead of it's time and certainly must have influenced other well-known bands who eventually stepped into that musical space.

It will be difficult to try to re-capture that same vibe with new recording technology, but re-recording with new lyrics is a great idea and a worthwhile project.   The name Legend has been used by other groups since then though so that will be another issue to deal with.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by REF Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:39 pm

Constantine wrote:I'm listening to the original album now on You Tube....I like it, it was ahead of it's time and certainly must have influenced other well-known bands who eventually stepped into that musical space.

It will be difficult to try to re-capture that same vibe with new recording technology, but re-recording with new lyrics is a great idea and a worthwhile project.   The name Legend has been used by other groups since then though so that will be another issue to deal with.

The trick will be to capture some kind of essence of what the band's sound was, without sounding like a Legend cover band, if you know what I mean. Just off the bat the drums will sound different. Different set-up for instruments and mics, room, etc., and just me, as a player 40 years later. A 40 year difference can't be avoided. On the other hand, hopefully the music will achieve a higher level of presentation via today's recording possibilities. I look forward to that. I know the record company is. 

I believe a grandfather aspect will protect the band's name for a new recording. We actually had another CT band using that name at the time. We went into the studio and made it legal first. I don't foresee any serious difficulties. I'll be addressing that with the record company's legal dept., though. There have been no problems with the 2019 reissue. 

Like all else, I'm leaving things in God's hands to guide me through everything.

REF
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down