The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you memorize the track listings on your albums?

+6
eatbugs
MagnusPrime
Constantine
Sevenoneself
Pethead
WildWorld
10 posters

Go down

Can you memorize the track listings on your albums? Empty Can you memorize the track listings on your albums?

Post by WildWorld Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:37 pm

Can you memorize the track listings on albums you own without looking it up? I can do it for albums I listen to frequently, but not so much for newer albums.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Can you memorize the track listings on your albums? Empty Re: Can you memorize the track listings on your albums?

Post by Pethead Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:43 pm

Usually for my favorites. Used to be better at it when I had less music. It’s getting less and less easy every year.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Can you memorize the track listings on your albums? Empty Re: Can you memorize the track listings on your albums?

Post by Sevenoneself Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:49 pm

Yeah, when I was in high school and only owned 50 or 60 albums, I could have done it, and probably recited the lyrics to most of the songs as well. Now...not so much.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:07 pm

Nope...not enough brain space.   bom
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:12 pm

I remember back in high school and college, I could not only memorize the track lists, I could memorize the lyrics, the riffs, and the solos. Those days are long gone.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Constantine and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:28 pm

When I had a much smaller collection (early 00s and back) I could not only recite the track listing on most albums, I could tell you how long the songs were, what year the album was released and who produced it. No joke.
I still remember a lot of them, but I more or less gave up on trying to remember everything about a decade ago LOL!
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Constantine and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:01 pm

Same as everyone else: favorites and things I've owned a long time, yes.  Otherwise, no.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:40 pm

I don't know the answer to the problem of excess and proliferation that progress has brought us in the few centuries, but especially the last few decades. It's so great to see so many Christian musicians being able to create, record, produce and release albums, videos, extra content, etc. I think it's awesome, and I'm a person who's benefited from the economic and technological advances that allow us to do that. 

Having said that, there was something very special about 20-30 years ago, when there was so much less information in the world that we cherished it all. I'm the same as all of you. I read, reread and reread again every word of the liner notes to every album I bought. It was special! I'd like to do that with all these modern bands, and I'd like others to do that for my music, but it's not realistic. We'd have no time and brain power left!

Although...I never memorized the song lengths, MagnusPrime. I've heard that only over-eager groupies did that. bounce I only memorized who played which solo on every album...even the extended version of In Your Face.  rabbit
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:33 pm

I can't even remember the titles of all the albums I own, let alone the complete track listing from any single one.
Laughing
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Xid Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:21 pm

Not any more.  Those days are long gone.
Xid
Xid
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.joshuascreed.com

Staybrite, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:31 am

Usually I can't, even for albums that I have known and enjoyed for a long time. I'm sure that if I tried I would, but it doesn't happen naturally. Most of the time I am listening to music, it is either while driving (my car's audio system is too old to have Bluetooth, so it plays over an AUX cable, so it doesn't display the song title) or while working on things. Either way I'm not really paying attention to song titles while listening. So I really come to know music more in full album units than in individual song titles. For bands that sing their song titles (decipherably), especially multiple times, it is a bit easier.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:32 am

CrimsonWarrior wrote:For bands that sing their song titles (decipherably), especially multiple times, it is a bit easier.

You should have absolutely no problem with Iron Maiden then.

Metal 1
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Superjuice, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:31 am

I can‘t even memorize what I had for lunch.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Staybrite, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down