The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite and Least Favorite Judas Priest Album?

+10
Dustofyears
Constantine
Sevenoneself
Andreas89
MagnusPrime
WildWorld
Aporia
Black Rider
Pethead
Follower of Jesus
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Favorite and Least Favorite Judas Priest Album? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite and Least Favorite Judas Priest Album?

Post by Staybrite Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:06 pm

MagnusPrime wrote:
oldschooldoom wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Least favorite, "Rocka Rolla"

AGREED. Most die hard JP fans say they love "Rocka Rolla" but do they really?

My fave is literally everything else in their discography.
They are due for a nue album.

I like it pretty well actually.

It was my first Priest album when I was a kid, so nostalgia may be a factor here. 
Of course I had heard some of their early 80s songs before I got Rocka Rolla, but I had never heard a full Judas Priest album before. 

It actually kind of sounds like they were trying to channel their earlier, more progressive material (Rocka Rolla, Sad Wings) when they were making Nostradamus (which I also like, even though it's my least favorite).

I only dig a couple songs off of Rocka Rolla, but Sad Wings of Destiny is completely fantastic, even better than Sin after Sin and even a few other albums in their catalog IMO.  It isn't the "progressiveness" of Rocka Rolla that doesn't do it for me, but it seems like much of the songwriting isn't up to par.  I think it's amazing how much they improved in just one album.  But that's just my opinion and I'm certainly not going to piss on someone else's favorite.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Favorite and Least Favorite Judas Priest Album? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite and Least Favorite Judas Priest Album?

Post by Pethead Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:10 pm

Staybrite wrote:
MagnusPrime wrote:
oldschooldoom wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

It was my first Priest album when I was a kid, so nostalgia may be a factor here. 
Of course I had heard some of their early 80s songs before I got Rocka Rolla, but I had never heard a full Judas Priest album before. 

It actually kind of sounds like they were trying to channel their earlier, more progressive material (Rocka Rolla, Sad Wings) when they were making Nostradamus (which I also like, even though it's my least favorite).

I only dig a couple songs off of Rocka Rolla, but Sad Wings of Destiny is completely fantastic, even better than Sin after Sin and even a few other albums in their catalog IMO.  It isn't the "progressiveness" of Rocka Rolla that doesn't do it for me, but it seems like much of the songwriting isn't up to par.  I think it's amazing how much they improved in just one album.  But that's just my opinion and I'm certainly not going to piss on someone else's favorite.
But what else is the internet for????
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Staybrite and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:37 am

Pethead wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
MagnusPrime wrote:
oldschooldoom wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

But what else is the internet for????

lol!
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2