The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batushka Concert Experience - Orthodoxy

+3
Temple of Blood
mothy
jaydeecrawson
7 posters

Go down

Batushka Concert Experience - Orthodoxy Empty Batushka Concert Experience - Orthodoxy

Post by jaydeecrawson Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:12 pm

Okay Guys.

So, on Sept. 28, I went to see Batushka in Atlanta, GA.

Back in April, I went through a painful, gut-wrenching divorce and decided to repent and come back to Orthodox Christianity after being in rebellion for about 12 years. I had lived a nihilistic, misanthropic, self-centered and hedonistic life until then. God was nagging on my heart for years… In fact, it all really started back in Feb. when my daughter asked me to take her to Church while we were on vacation.

But, I purchased the tickets for the Batushka show before re-dedicating my life to God. At one point, I seriously contemplated requesting a refund, but I couldn’t.
So, I just made up my mind to meet the members of Batushka face to face. I brought some extra copies of “Death to the World” zine to get them, some Icons and some stickers as well. Years ago, my ex-wife and I had tried to go see them in Pennsylvania, but the show was canceled because of the legal battle they had over the ownership of the band….

But, I was able to meet several of the guitar players and a member of their choir out near the parking deck before the show. Andrew, one of the choir members, didn’t speak any English, so the guitarists translated for me. I gave him an icon of Fr. Seraphim Rose and he was extremely grateful. He even used my prayer rope and discussed theology with me. They also gave me some guitar picks. Andrew had spent about six months in an Orthodox Monastery and at least seemed knows the Liturgy, rubrics and theology of the Eastern Church pretty well. He said receiving an icon from someone in Poland is a great honor, so he insisted on giving me Polish money! LoL! He was wearing a Lucifer shirt with a sigil on it.

After speaking to them, I stood in line near a few young Behemoth fans who were very preachy about the Satanic Temple of Salem. (It’s also interesting that those Behemoth fans had never heard of Michael Aquino, the ONA, etc. They were very “evangelistic” about Lucien Graves). I gave them a few stickers and tried to talk to them. They were very unshakable about their moral and political views. After a few hours, I was able to get inside and meet the Batushka vocalist and leader, Bart at the merch table.

I gave Bart the “Death to the World” zines and he knew exactly what they were! He had even heard of Fr Seraphim. The other members asked about St. John the Wonderworker and the parish I attend. At one point, they were all standing around me, watching services on my phone! Bart even gave me his Chotki that he has worn on stage during their tours (it’s the same one you can see him wearing on YouTube). All of the members of the band were very polite and said they want more Orthodox Christians to come to their shows. I said, “Yeah…. so you guys can sell more tickets and merch!!!” (they laughed!) I also tried to tell them all about my conversion experience and what happened with my ex-wife.

During the course of our conversations, I asked them if they had ever heard of Extol, Living Sacrifice, Vengeance Rising, Tourniquet, etc. They said Mortification is the only “white metal” band they had ever heard of. They had never heard of the others… including Trouble’s album “Psalm 9.” It was kind of loud in the venue, so they might have misunderstood me, but that’s what I remember them saying.

In addition to the magazines, stickers and Icons, I gave them a copy of the Hesychast CD. I stressed to Bart that he needed to listen to it and that I was also praying for him. He asked, “Are you praying for my salvation?” I said, “YES!”

I only watched a few songs of the show. I really wasn’t interested in watching more, so I sat near the members of Cloak at their merch table. In fact, I doubt I’ll ever go to any more concerts since I think of my ex-wife so much. She used to be my concert partner, and now that she’s gone, I don’t have the motivation or passion for shows anymore. I also don’t like the atmosphere and environment of concerts. There was a dark and hateful vibe that I just don’t enjoy.

Thanks for reading.

Batushka Concert Experience - Orthodoxy Img_2110

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Xid, Andreas89, Pethead, 1620, mothy, BaleMaster, Son of Nun and like this post

Back to top Go down

Batushka Concert Experience - Orthodoxy Empty Re: Batushka Concert Experience - Orthodoxy

Post by mothy Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:50 am

Awesome story bro! Who knows maybe you planted some seeds!
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Batushka Concert Experience - Orthodoxy Empty Re: Batushka Concert Experience - Orthodoxy

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:14 am

Great story and great news about reconnecting with the Lord!

Thank you for sharing all of that!
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Pethead, mothy and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:15 am

I love this! Praise the Lord!
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Temple of Blood, mothy and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:13 pm

Whoa, praise God!  It's amazing to see how He's brought you back; you've got quite the testimony and it'd appear God may already be using for for great things in others (Bart and co.).  It's also an awesome testament to our Good Shepherd going after us sheep when we lose our way.  I'm very sorry for the divorce and hope and pray that you'll eventually see restoration there as well.  But in the meantime it's wonderful news to see your prodigal return.  Welcome (back)!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Temple of Blood, Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by elManique Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:34 pm

That's a great insight into the world of metal. I'm sorry for the pain of your divorce, but glad you have found your way back to God, will be praying for you.

Bart has been heavily criticised by the metal community, seems like he is an open guy though. One of my disappointments is the presumably ironic imagery of Batushka. I would jump on their original album if not for that.
elManique
elManique
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Theonymic Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:11 pm

I am very thankful to read the story of your return to Christ.

I also appreciate you plugging my band!

Theonymic
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

jaydeecrawson and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum