The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jimmy P. Brown news

+10
MagnusPrime
Pethead
Black Rider
Second Wind
BaleMaster
alldatndensum
crucifyd
deathisgain
Airola
TZ75
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Jimmy P. Brown news - Page 2 Empty Re: Jimmy P. Brown news

Post by Black Rider Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:55 am

Really? Man, that's nothing. 😆
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Temple of Blood, Kerrick and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:41 am

Pethead wrote:Not taking a side here, but that ^^ is what I think Jimmy was referring to.

Yeah, that’s it! 

I guess ToB is the culprit. Jimmy is truly offended. He actually referred to ToB as a “pseudo spiritual prick”. I guess Jimmy is upset because his son gave him that shirt as a gift. The RHCP are not a influence on Jimmy’s music (although Manny Morales has incorporated some funky bass lines on occasion). He doesn’t sit with Flea and talk spiritual matters or philosophy. 

I can imagine the tension if Deliverance ever shares the stage with ToB in the future.  🫣
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:56 am

ToB is the self appointed gatekeeper to make sure people are christian enough but he's harmless. Can't believe it bothered Jimmy that much.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:03 am

Black Rider wrote:ToB is the self appointed gatekeeper to make sure people are christian enough but he's harmless. Can't believe it bothered Jimmy that much.

Oh I know he’s harmless. But some folks are sensitive. Frivolous and snarky comments should be avoided (especially if it sounds condescending). In this case Jimmy took offense because it tied in with his son. He said normally he would just brush it off as “whatever”…

Last edited by TZ75 on Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:38 pm

TZ75 wrote:
Pethead wrote:Not taking a side here, but that ^^ is what I think Jimmy was referring to.
I can imagine the tension if Deliverance ever shares the stage with ToB in the future.  🫣
It’ll be a double-bill with Stryper and Joshua.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider, Kerrick, BaleMaster and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:31 pm

Pethead wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

With special guests, Roger Dale Martin's Vengeance Rising Experience.

Let's get that circle pit going!

Circle Dance
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:50 pm

Pethead wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

Why Stryper and Joshua? scratch

Did they have a problem in the past? They are stylistically different than Deliverance and ToB. I would prefer the whole bill to be in the thrash or speed metal realm. Smile
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:33 pm

TZ75 wrote:
Pethead wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

Did they have a problem in the past? They are stylistically different than Deliverance and ToB. I would prefer the whole bill to be in the thrash or speed metal realm. Smile
Joshua has voiced rather vivid opinions of Stryper and Michael Sweet in the past.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:52 pm

Beef in the Christian metal scene is wack. We are brethren and should stand above this. Read Romans 12.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead, TZ75, BaleMaster and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:56 pm

Raegoul wrote:Beef in the Christian metal scene is wack. We are brethren and should stand above this. Read Romans 12.
Indeed. Conflicts will arise, but unforgiveness and bitterness should not be named among us.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

BaleMaster and Raegoul like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:58 pm

Pethead wrote:
TZ75 wrote:
Pethead wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

Joshua has voiced rather vivid opinions of Stryper and Michael Sweet in the past.

Thanks for filling me in. I had no idea…
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:20 pm

TZ75 wrote:Jimmy mentions the CMR on the new episode. And it’s not in a good way…

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-fractured-brain/id1503512840

What thread is he referring to? I understand how he feels. Opinions are one thing, but self-righteousness is plain ugly. Let’s not be Pharisees.

I'm not gonna listen to an hour of this but what did he say?
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:31 pm

I NEVER thought Jimmy was not christian enough.

My comment in that thread was about how THRASH he is at this point, which is what average Joe's thread was about. Joe seemed to understand what I was saying.

He just doesn't seem to have a passion for thrash anymore IMHO.

There is no beef and there never was.  In fact, when Jimmy lived in Alabama I offered my band to be his backing musicians so he could play shows around here.

The fact I even have to respond to this and the comments about me here are pathetic.  If someone has a point to make then make it.  Don't smear me.  What is stopping Jimmy from coming here and saying whatever he wants to say?and why would deliverance care about me?
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:34 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

My comment in that thread was about how THRASH he is at this point, which is what average Joe's thread was about. Joe seemed to understand what I was saying.

There is no beef and there never was.  In fact, when Jimmy lived in Alabama I offered my band to be his backing musicians so he could play shows around here.

The fact I even have to respond to this and the comments about me here are pathetic.  If someone has a point to make then make it.  Don't smear me.  What is stopping Jimmy from coming here and saying whatever he wants to say?and why would deliverance care about me?
I gotcha. To be clear, I wasn’t trying to attack you. If it came across that way, I apologize. It wasn’t my intention. I was just answering the question about what Jimmy was referring to.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:11 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

Maybe Jimmy will see your response and it will be settled.

Jimmy also said he isn’t hard to find if someone wants to contact him. He has a website. As I had mentioned, he only got upset because he was wearing the shirt that his son bought him. He doesn’t necessarily like the RHCP. His music doesn’t reflect them as an influence. Obviously there must be a big misunderstanding!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:46 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
TZ75 wrote:Jimmy mentions the CMR on the new episode. And it’s not in a good way…

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-fractured-brain/id1503512840

What thread is he referring to? I understand how he feels. Opinions are one thing, but self-righteousness is plain ugly. Let’s not be Pharisees.

I'm not gonna listen to an hour of this but what did he say?

If you want to know what he said, you got to listen to the podcast episode. If it helps… fast forward to about the middle.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:01 pm

TZ75 wrote:

Yeah, that’s it! 

I guess ToB is the culprit. Jimmy is truly offended. He actually referred to ToB as a “pseudo spiritual prick”. I guess Jimmy is upset because his son gave him that shirt as a gift. The RHCP are not a influence on Jimmy’s music (although Manny Morales has incorporated some funky bass lines on occasion). He doesn’t sit with Flea and talk spiritual matters or philosophy. 

Was Jimmy somehow prohibited from sending me a PM on here to discuss this if he was "truly offended" before he went public on a podcast and used a profanity to describe me?  The irony/hypocrisy here being me being called the one is described as "psuedo-spiritual".

From our side we would have no tension whatsoever playing a show with them or anyone else.  Especially the Big D ... we'd be very grateful and honored!
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:02 pm

Pethead wrote:

I gotcha. To be clear, I wasn’t trying to attack you. If it came across that way, I apologize. It wasn’t my intention. I was just answering the question about what Jimmy was referring to.

Oh no, I wasn't referring to you at all.  I was talking about Black Rider.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:12 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

Yeah, that’s it! 

Was Jimmy somehow prohibited from sending me a PM on here to discuss this if he was "truly offended" before he went public on a podcast and used a profanity to describe me?  The irony/hypocrisy here being me being called the one is described as "psuedo-spiritual".

From our side we would have no tension whatsoever playing a show with them or anyone else.  Especially the Big D ... we'd be very grateful and honored!

Does he still have an active membership here? He’d only be able to PM you if he didn’t delete his account. He could be just watching without being sighed in. 

But if his membership is still active, yes he could’ve sent you a PM.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Easter Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:26 pm

I generally don't post much here; I mostly lurk for a number of reasons. That said, I think it's pretty hilarious that Temple of Blood is at all upset that Jimmy alluded to a comment he might have made. More so that he seems indignant that Jimmy didn't message him directly about it. I've seen enough posts by ToB to know that he has a no problem at all speaking (typing?) his mind about whomever and whatever he chooses, generally with seemingly no regard for how the people he's posting about might take what he posts. 

Is Jimmy's comment actually about ToB? Maybe. Who cares? Jimmy has every right to say what he thinks - publicly, on his own platform - about whatever he wants to. Given that ToB made a public comment about Jimmy's metal cred, or ToB's opinion of a lack thereof, I think it's ridiculous that he's at all ticked about it.

Don't want someone to slap back? Don't talk smack. It's really that easy.
Luke Easter
Luke Easter
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Black Rider and TZ75 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:07 pm

I'm not upset Luke.

It's not a question of rights either.  Its whether it's better if he was truly deeply offended as a Christian to pm me directly, respond here,  or to use profanity to describe me.

If it's even about me at all, which I hope it's not
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:34 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:I'm not upset Luke.

It's not a question of rights either.  Its whether it's better if he was truly deeply offended as a Christian to pm me directly, respond here,  or to use profanity to describe me.

If it's even about me at all, which I hope it's not

Jimmy may not be able to PM you if his account is deleted. I have no idea if it is (or isn’t). Just saying…

But even if his account is active, I highly doubt he would bother going back and forth with you here. He probably is over it now. He got it off his chest. He never revealed the culprit’s name, but he described the quote that was said and what had transpired. Jimmy wisely didn’t say the person’s name/handle. But he did also say the person is a known (long time) member here.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:47 pm

I don’t even know why it matters if Jimmy is still a card carrying “Metalhead” anymore. He left his mark in the metal scene with some classic albums. The guy has a varied range of musical tastes. I know he still loves heavy music (in some form), but thrash isn’t where he’s at now. He can still play it if he was inspired to…
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:57 pm

Gary Lenaire and our late brother Ted Kirkpatrick (R.I.P.) are known for loving a wide range of music too! 

Sometimes the innovative music comes from listening to stuff outside just one genre.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Easter Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:58 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:I'm not upset Luke.

Pardon me whilst I LOL...

You have bemoaned your ill-treatment (alleged, as you really have zero idea whom Jimmy was talking about) by JPBii on his podcast in more than one post here. So forgive me if I find your protestations less than credible as well as utterly laughable.

Temple of Blood wrote:It's not a question of rights either.  Its whether it's better if he was truly deeply offended as a Christian to pm me directly, respond here,  or to use profanity to describe me.

Whether you agree or not, you publicly slighted Jimmy. You impugned his credibility as a metal musician because you didn't like his t-shirt. You have no legitimate expectation for a one-on-one response. Sure, it would be nicer than being called out (allegedly) in a very public fashion, but since Jimmy has probably little to no idea who you are, we again arrive at the logical assertion that you have no grounds for expecting him to reach out privately. Which brings me to another thing: you keep stating that if he was truly offended as a Christian, as if to absolve yourself of having offended (allegedly) in the first place. It's like Ricky Bobby leading off with, "all due respect...," before insulting someone, and then being flummoxed that they were less than pleased. Own your (alleged) part in the situation. Jimmy's not the bad guy here. Which brings me to one more thing; the choice of wording in the (alleged) denunciation, whilst insulting, is not profanity. It wasn't nice, but whomever it was intended for, I imagine it wasn't meant to be nice. Quit adding insult to injury. Again, own your part. And take your lumps. 

Temple of Blood wrote:If it's even about me at all, which I hope it's not

Rolling Eyes
Luke Easter
Luke Easter
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next