The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Bad) News from Antestor about a new album...

+5
zelote
cailen
eatbugs
Temple of Blood
Lex Metalis
9 posters

Go down

(Bad) News from Antestor about a new album... Empty (Bad) News from Antestor about a new album...

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:59 pm

From the official page on facebook:

Hi folks. I would like to inform you that new songs have been created for new albums already years ago. Unfortunately, nothing is going to happen with it until we get a proper record deal. We no longer have the opportunity or motivation to spend all our own savings on a new recording. A serious record deal might be too much to ask for, but that's the status quo. If it doesn't happen, we will take our material to our graves. Vemod
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

(Bad) News from Antestor about a new album... Empty Re: (Bad) News from Antestor about a new album...

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:01 pm

Recording isn't that expensive nowadays and I bet their fans would fund it through crowdfunding if they just put it out there.

I don't think it's "begging".

But I also understand not wanting to put up all the money yourself and then just be expected to dump your whole album into Spotify.

I wonder how many bands feel the same way they do.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

My Awesome Timothy, scottmitchell74 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

(Bad) News from Antestor about a new album... Empty Re: (Bad) News from Antestor about a new album...

Post by eatbugs Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:49 am

Temple of Blood wrote:Recording isn't that expensive nowadays and I bet their fans would fund it through crowdfunding if they just put it out there.

I don't think it's "begging".

But I also understand not wanting to put up all the money yourself and then just be expected to dump your whole album into Spotify.

I wonder how many bands feel the same way they do.

I was thinking the same things.  I don't like crowdfunding, but it's reality.  I've supported many and will continue to if it ensures projects I like come out and I would support Antestor too.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:01 am

Bying instruments, amps, computer equipment and software, other equipment, taking studio time, printing cds or pressing vinyl, cover artwork, ...

and creating good albums is a loss making and money losing business (without a major record deal and

selling T-Shirts or other fan merchandise to a huge fan crowd) for many bands nowadays.
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by zelote Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:50 am

Did not Tourniquet made some similar post years ago?, and they understood what was the market like nowdays and have this 3 crowfoundigs reaching the goal.

zelote
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:19 am

The only begging going on is the fans begging the band to allow the fans to give them money toward a new album.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:22 am

zelote wrote:Did not Tourniquet made some similar post years ago?, and they understood what was the market like nowdays and have this 3 crowfoundigs reaching the goal.

Yes, they have a huge fan crowd and supporters and I think because of that you can´t compare them to Antestor.
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

zelote likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:36 am

Lex Metalis wrote:From the official page on facebook:

Hi folks. I would like to inform you that new songs have been created for new albums already years ago. Unfortunately, nothing is going to happen with it until we get a proper record deal. We no longer have the opportunity or motivation to spend all our own savings on a new recording. A serious record deal might be too much to ask for, but that's the status quo. If it doesn't happen, we will take our material to our graves. Vemod

Without a proper record deal and with crowdfunding or things like that you have to spend a lot of time creating good music for a good album.

You have to choose if you pay someone else for the things to be done or you have to do all things by your own - which needs a lot of time and skills. 
I think this is the reason they speak of no longer having the "opportunity or motivation".

A good record company handles these things to be done and gives you a budged. Crowdfunding means that you still have to handle a lot of things by your own.

Recording and producing a very good album without a proper record deal is nearly a full time job.
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Frozen Fire and mothy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:53 pm

I'm glad they at least started working on new music!

I wonder if it would be possible for them to get signed to a secular label that wouldn't try to censor them or obscure the message. They are a very talented band with a great discography.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drawnsword Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:42 am

Crowd funding is the way to go, done like a pre-order of a CD with awesome stretch goals for a couple of months. Indiegogo has better possibility's than kickstarter. Antestor would probably do well if promoted hard and once made get together and spend weekends mailing it out to the supporters. They would have to make sure to cover world postage which would be crazy though, maybe one of the stretch goals reached could make it worth it.
Drawnsword
Drawnsword
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://drawnswordgraphix.blogspot.co.nz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorship Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:37 pm

Frozen Fire wrote:The only begging going on is the fans begging the band to allow the fans to give them money toward a new album.

fo' real, just put an indigogo up already. My wallet is burning in my pocket.
Gorship
Gorship
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down