The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flood - Polarized (ex-tourniquet Gary Lenaire, Guy Ritter, Erik Mendez) PREVIEW VIDEO available

+37
Aryeh Yehudah
Drawnsword
Hardcore Christian
Schorsch
Son of Nun
zelote
Tourniguy
Tobi Elektrik
scottmitchell74
jaydeecrawson
Bahana
Temple of Blood
CrimsonWarrior
eatbugs
Sir Shred A Lot
Frozen Fire
ChosenNightwolf
Follower of Jesus
GACatmandu
VaughanGF
bodachi
Kerrick
BaleMaster
average joe
Louder
My Awesome Timothy
TZ75
crucifyd
Staybrite
Raegoul
Ammocas
mothy
Pethead
Fundy
alldatndensum
Black Rider
Airola
41 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Flood - Polarized (ex-tourniquet Gary Lenaire, Guy Ritter, Erik Mendez) PREVIEW VIDEO available Empty Flood - Polarized (ex-tourniquet Gary Lenaire, Guy Ritter, Erik Mendez) PREVIEW VIDEO available

Post by Airola Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:27 am

Here's a preview video!

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

ChosenNightwolf, Luke Easter, Fundy, strangerhoncho, bigtreads, Pethead, TZ75 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Flood - Polarized (ex-tourniquet Gary Lenaire, Guy Ritter, Erik Mendez) PREVIEW VIDEO available Empty Re: Flood - Polarized (ex-tourniquet Gary Lenaire, Guy Ritter, Erik Mendez) PREVIEW VIDEO available

Post by Black Rider Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:46 am

So good to have Mendez back, this sounds great, has some of that classic TQT sound but also adding to it.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

My Awesome Timothy and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Flood - Polarized (ex-tourniquet Gary Lenaire, Guy Ritter, Erik Mendez) PREVIEW VIDEO available Empty Re: Flood - Polarized (ex-tourniquet Gary Lenaire, Guy Ritter, Erik Mendez) PREVIEW VIDEO available

Post by alldatndensum Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:37 am

I am curious and want to hear more.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:10 am

My money is ready and waving at them.
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:23 am

Flood - Polarized (ex-tourniquet Gary Lenaire, Guy Ritter, Erik Mendez) PREVIEW VIDEO available 1193624i0EE79D4F56CC4894?v=1
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:34 am

Wow has a very strong Testament feel. Who is doing the vocals....Im hoping for no King Diamond type vocals.

Very promising
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:04 am

Sounds great, can’t wait. Lenaire, Ritter, Mendez!!!
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:04 am

Sounds great so far.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:22 am

Guy sounds great (it's cool to hear him on something new).  Sounds like it might be more aggressive than the Echo Hollow stuff.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:47 pm

Guy sounds really good!

This album seems to have two previously released songs.
One is Darfur that was made under 2050 (Lenaire, Mendez, Macias - and Ritter was supposed to be in that band at first too but wasn't). It's now thrashier. You can hear in this preview the "Africa, your children failed to listen..." part. That's from Darfur and the original version didn't have that kind of fast drumming we hear in the preview.

And the other "old" song is Stop the Bleeding from Lenaire's solo album a few years ago. Seems like it has been re-recorded too.

That song has a falsetto scream at the end and this preview has a couple of falsetto screams too so there's going to be some of that - and I love it! I hope Ritter has recorded some falsetto vocal lines too instead of only falsetto screams, but I'm gonna be happy with only screams too!

Guy Ritter is my absolute number one favorite metal vocalist and I'm so glad to hear him sounding really great in the preview!

By the way, that ballad style clip that's in the preview feels a bit like something that could've been on the early Holy Danger albums. For me the fast clips and this ballad are what I'm the most excited for.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Fundy, bigtreads, TZ75 and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:10 pm

Airola wrote:Guy Ritter is my absolute number one favorite metal vocalist

concur 1000 times...
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Fundy, Opeth3232, BaleMaster and Raegoul like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:24 pm

The preview sounds great! A good mix of melody and fast guitar parts. Gary and Erik work well together (as they did in the past). Guy Ritter sounds as good as ever! I hope this band holds together for at least three albums. Especially the core three guys: Guy, Gary and Erik. Of coarse I miss Victor and Ted… but it is what it is. Ted is a creative force with his own vision. Now we get two bands from the Tourniquet family tree. Well actually, three (if we include Luke’s solo stuff). 

It took almost 30 years to get a proper follow up to Pathogenic. Now we got it! Nothing against Vanishing Lessons… it’s a solid album. But it lacked the thrash elements.

Last edited by TZ75 on Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

bigtreads, BaleMaster and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:44 pm

Oh my word…. this is probably No 1 album of 2022.
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:00 pm

Man, I think Guy sounds better here than he did back in the day!
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

bigtreads and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:03 pm

I’m not sure if there is a surprise guest on this release, but I hope Guy Ritter and Michael Sweet do a killer duet on a track in the future. Not unlike when Rob Halford and Bruce Dickinson did the song together on Halford’s Resurrection album.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Louder Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:05 pm

I've liked a great deal that I've heard by Tourniquet since '94, but I haven't *loved* much of it. The chemistry and energy was never the same. But this Flood material sounds like it's got the magic of the first three Tourniquet albums, and I can't wait for it.

In the past decade or so I've noticed that I'm not as deeply into music as I used to be, and it bums me out a bit. ...but I'm actually psyched to buy this release.
Louder
Louder
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

TZ75 and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:13 pm

Louder wrote:I've liked a great deal that I've heard by Tourniquet since '94, but I haven't *loved* much of it. The chemistry and energy was never the same. But this Flood material sounds like it's got the magic of the first three Tourniquet albums, and I can't wait for it.

In the past decade or so I've noticed that I'm not as deeply into music as I used to be, and it bums me out a bit. ...but I'm actually psyched to buy this release.

I agree. Ted’s version of Tourniquet has some very good music, but it’s a “one man show”. It’s just his vision instead of the magic of the early albums. Sadly, Slayer also had the same problem the last 20 years… when Kerry King took over as the main songwriter. It became very stale.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Louder likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:05 pm

mothy wrote:Wow has a very strong Testament feel. Who is doing the vocals....Im hoping for no King Diamond type vocals.

Very promising

Agreed! Who is singing at the 1:28 and 2:35 marks?! Has a definite Chuck Billy vibe! Promising indeed! The band also includes David Husvik (Extol and Absurd2) on drums and Anna Sentina (YouTube fame) on bass.

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Black Rider, mothy and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:26 pm

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:32 pm

Shut up and take my money!!
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:35 am

Louder wrote:I've liked a great deal that I've heard by Tourniquet since '94, but I haven't *loved* much of it. The chemistry and energy was never the same. But this Flood material sounds like it's got the magic of the first three Tourniquet albums, and I can't wait for it.

You put your finger on the issue that has been subliminally bugging me for years...thanks! I remember pulling a ten-hour shift at work when I listened to Believer's Dimensions in toto...it got my adrenalin pumping so hard I forgot how tired I was! It's nigh impossible to experience such a level of enthrallment any more.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:55 am

Getting old guys, things change.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Louder Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:40 pm

January 1 is not getting here fast enough.
Louder
Louder
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:54 am

A good early birthday present to myself (it falls on Monday the Third).
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Louder, TZ75 and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:29 pm

BaleMaster wrote:A good early birthday present to myself (it falls on Monday the Third).

Happy early birthday to you! Today is actually mine.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next