The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sombre Holiday (prog metal)

3 posters

Go down

Sombre Holiday (prog metal) Empty Sombre Holiday (prog metal)

Post by Kerrick Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:04 pm

After stumbling on the bandmembers' related project Midnight Worship, I discovered what seems to be their primary band Sombre Holiday.  I bought a few of their CDs today and have been really enjoying them.  Any other fans?  I'd categorize them as prog metal though they're far from any Dream Theater clone.  They're pretty diverse but also tend towards a bit on the darker, melodic, and contemplative side of things than the typical noodling from prog metal.  I haven't read all of their lyrics yet but the ones I have read are really excellent too.  Highly recommended!

https://sombreholiday.bandcamp.com/

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Sombre Holiday (prog metal) Empty Re: Sombre Holiday (prog metal)

Post by Constantine Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:10 pm

Yes I have a few of their songs in my "Christian Gothic Metal" Spotify playlist.  Sombre Holiday (prog metal) 1f44c

Last edited by Constantine on Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:08 pm

I have their first three albums. I wanted to buy the new one but I never heard about it coming out on CD. I asked about it on their Facebook page earlier this year and they said they were delayed and they'd let people know when they were done. Now it says "Sold Out" on Bandcamp. Did I miss something?

Anyway, I like what they do. I just wish they had a proper mix on their material. Everything always sounded disconnected or had the guitars pushed back too far, though the songs are always good. The new album has the best sound quality yet. They've definitely come a long way. I'll have to spend some time listening today and maybe get a further answer on the CD's from the band. Their art and booklets are always really nice for 100% indie artist.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:20 pm

Right on.  I hear ya on the mix, though like you said, that seems to maybe have been worked out with their newest.  While it could be improved on for those earlier albums, it's also not terrible and doesn't distract me much from the quality tunes.  Smile

So I have a little insight into the CDs...  After buying and thoroughly enjoying their Midnight Worship CD, I messaged Sombre Holiday on FB to inquire about CD availability.  They responded that their regular manufacturer went out of business and they didn't have any CDs for sale anymore until they can find a new one who can offer the level of quality they want.  I told them that if they find any lost boxes of CDs hidden in their closets, to please let me know haha.  The next day the replied that they found such a box and posted its contents on their Bandcamp.  Very Happy  The box didn't include any copies left of The Failed Sun which they said is totally sold-out (for now).  So even though the out-of-stock listing of the CD has gone off and on their BC page, to my knowledge you haven't missed anything.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down