The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dawnbreaker "Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam"

5 posters

Go down

Dawnbreaker "Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam" Empty Dawnbreaker "Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam"

Post by Frozen Fire Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:26 pm

Got this today in the mail. Anyone else already listening?

I can't by any means say what all I think of it but I'm already on my third listen and really enjoying it. It's pretty amazing to hear how much this project has grown in the past four years! I was amazed by Vanquished Horrible Night, which I didn't expect a lot from. Now I had great expectations for this and it certainly seems to have met them. The lead single "Shadow of Thy Wings" was quite technical and not the best way to capture the average listener but was definitely set to impress on the level of musicianship. However, there are much more accessible tracks here. The production has been further clarified butt retains the buzzsaw guitar sound and blasting drums I enjoy on every album. VHN was my 3rd favorite album of 2020. This has a shot at a similar spot.

Anyone else?
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Dawnbreaker "Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam" Empty Re: Dawnbreaker "Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam"

Post by Frozen Fire Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:40 pm

Been listening over and over again. It's so good!

I suppose for those who aren't into black metal there is at least one song with clean vocals that you may like:

For those who are fans of Crimson Moonlight's more death metal oriented tracks:

Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Dawnbreaker "Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam" Empty Re: Dawnbreaker "Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam"

Post by Son of Nun Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:22 pm

I'm always a little underwhelmed by Dawnbreaker but I liked the direction he went in with VHN. This one sounds like it has some promise though I haven't been overly excited by my initial listens. I'll pick it up since I'm going to get the new Duister Maanlicht and Irgalom titles (which I'm enjoying more at this point).
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:18 pm

I've sampled some of it on Bandcamp and it sounds pretty good. The lyrics seemed mostly fine but a little odd in some places. I'm still put off by the Mary song in the previous album (really not sure how we got there when the album before that was called Total Depravity...) so I'm honestly not sure what to think of this band.

Last edited by CrimsonWarrior on Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fix typo - replaced "off" with "odd")
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:34 pm

IIRC their first (?) album had a bunch of lyrics referencing the Book of Enoch which is a pretty major turnoff for me.  After that, I never bothered looking into the band more... though I hear their previous album was musically mighty excellent.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:43 pm

Haven't heard this new album, in fact I didn't even know it was coming out.
I thought the last album was excellent though, it made my Top 10 for 2020.  
Wasn't too bothered by any lyrical issues, he's a relatively new Christian and I'm sure has room to grow.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down