The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Striker returns

5 posters

Go down

Striker returns Empty Striker returns

Post by Follower of Jesus Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:46 pm

So apparently there was a rumor going around that Striker was gone. To end the rumors, the band released a new song and assured fans they are by no means done. This is a good song and continues the melodic direction of Play To Win. 

Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Striker returns Empty Re: Striker returns

Post by Black Rider Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:35 pm

Duuuude, that song is awesome. They started as an amazing band paying homage to the NWOBHM sound and have moved into sounding like something Mutt Lange would produce without sounding cheesy. Glad they're still around.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:34 am

Oh wow, how is it I have never heard this band before.  Fantastic stuff!
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and alldatndensum like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BringItDown Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:21 pm

Black Rider wrote:Duuuude, that song is awesome. They started as an amazing band paying homage to the NWOBHM sound and have moved into sounding like something Mutt Lange would produce without sounding cheesy. Glad they're still around.

That's a great way of putting it.

So much of what gets categorized as "over-produced" or "slickly produced" is really just outrageously catchy songs with very sunny and memorable guitar tone.

Even though I've never heard Striker do a ballad (my faves are "Former Glory" and "The Front"), their best songs remind me - production wise - of Winger at their pinnacle. I love a really crunchy, lo-fi thrash metal production because 4 of my 6 different ways I hear music are NOT through top notch stream/vinyl/CD/high quality speakers. I often have my cheap Skullcandy earbuds in at the gym because they are unlikely to be stolen if I end up taking a shower or they fall out (I've also been poor much of my life).

That said, - yeah - MOST of folks who lament the sound of "Animal", Winger's "Under One Condition" or "Former Glory" (kinda the only song I love on that album, though their vocals are always top notch) must not have great summer, youth, downtown exploring, driving or hiking memories tied to those sounds. I love me some "overproduced" rock, AOR, and prog...even in my cheap ear buds.

BringItDown
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:26 pm

“The Front” is my favorite Striker song. The melody is so amazing. The message in the lyrics is tremendous. And the PINCH HARMONIC! Love it!

I can hardly wait for a new album from these guys.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:26 pm

Staybrite wrote:Oh wow, how is it I have never heard this band before.  Fantastic stuff!

Me, either!  I will definitely have to check out some of their albums!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down