The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upcoming SOUNDMASS label releases

+8
Pethead
Dustofyears
alldatndensum
Son of Nun
TZ75
My Awesome Timothy
jaydeecrawson
Soundmass.com
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Upcoming SOUNDMASS label releases - Page 2 Empty Re: Upcoming SOUNDMASS label releases

Post by Soundmass.com Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:35 am

Upcoming SOUNDMASS label releases - Page 2 Mort_r12

Soundmass.com
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Upcoming SOUNDMASS label releases - Page 2 Empty Re: Upcoming SOUNDMASS label releases

Post by Soundmass.com Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:56 am

Upcoming SOUNDMASS label releases - Page 2 9yd_ad10

Soundmass.com
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Soundmass.com Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:31 pm

"Memories Of The Ancient Presence equates to a quality debut doom metal album from Trinity. That said, it is not just doom in that you will find moments ranging from the gothic to progressive to symphonic to epic to give the project a balanced feel. I appreciate equally the lower register male and operatic female vocal trade off, not to mention equally high quality musicianship from Bard. In the end, I hope this is the first of many projects to come from this talented Czech Republic three piece. Doom metal fans rejoice!" - https://www.angelicwarlord.com/reviews/t/trinity22.html

Soundmass.com
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Kerrick, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:34 pm

Soundmass.com wrote:"Memories Of The Ancient Presence equates to a quality debut doom metal album from Trinity. That said, it is not just doom in that you will find moments ranging from the gothic to progressive to symphonic to epic to give the project a balanced feel. I appreciate equally the lower register male and operatic female vocal trade off, not to mention equally high quality musicianship from Bard. In the end, I hope this is the first of many projects to come from this talented Czech Republic three piece. Doom metal fans rejoice!" - https://www.angelicwarlord.com/reviews/t/trinity22.html
It’s a GREAT album. One of my favorites for the year.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Temple of Blood, Kerrick and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:12 pm

^Completely agree!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soundmass.com Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:20 am

"Cry Mercy exhibits significant promise on its self-titled debut full length. I enjoy the forays into metal and hard rock along with occasional artistic nineties nuances, which combing for a flattering coalescing. Musicianship is spot on and a significant strength, while I also take to the lightly done wave like vocals. Overall, there is some real good material on Cry Mercy I grew into with repeat listen... That said, I wish the group had stuck around to record a second album in order to grow into its full potential. Still, credit Soundmass for making Cry Mercy available after being out of print for such an extended span." -Angelic Warlord

https://www.angelicwarlord.com/reviews/c/crymercy95.html

Soundmass.com
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

My Awesome Timothy and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soundmass.com Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:01 am

Upcoming SOUNDMASS label releases - Page 2 Horde_10

Soundmass.com
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

My Awesome Timothy, Pethead, Dustofyears and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soundmass.com Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:25 am

Upcoming SOUNDMASS label releases - Page 2 Mortad10

Soundmass.com
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Dustofyears and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:39 am

Soundmass.com wrote:Upcoming SOUNDMASS label releases - Page 2 Mortad10
That cover slip looks better to me than the original cover. The original is great and all, just a bit too bright for my tastes. That silver on black look with the red mort font looks killer from here. Well done guys.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Soundmass.com and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:40 am

Soundmass.com wrote:Upcoming SOUNDMASS label releases - Page 2 Horde_10
One of a few Black metal albums I genuinely adore.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

CrimsonWarrior and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:19 am

Dustofyears wrote:
It took me a while after I started listening to extreme metal to appreciate this one, and I'm not really sure why, because it is genuinely fantastic.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:10 am

Pethead wrote:
Soundmass.com wrote:"Memories Of The Ancient Presence equates to a quality debut doom metal album from Trinity. That said, it is not just doom in that you will find moments ranging from the gothic to progressive to symphonic to epic to give the project a balanced feel. I appreciate equally the lower register male and operatic female vocal trade off, not to mention equally high quality musicianship from Bard. In the end, I hope this is the first of many projects to come from this talented Czech Republic three piece. Doom metal fans rejoice!" - https://www.angelicwarlord.com/reviews/t/trinity22.html
It’s a GREAT album. One of my favorites for the year.

YES

Amazing release!  Even non-doom fans should really check this out.  Epic and beautiful.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Soundmass.com, Kerrick and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:47 am

^I completely concur!  Word on the street is that Bard is already working on album #2...   afro

Tyrant
Tyrant

Temple of Blood, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:01 pm

CrimsonWarrior wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
It took me a while after I started listening to extreme metal to appreciate this one, and I'm not really sure why, because it is genuinely fantastic.
Aprat from Vomoth (who I think might be Jayson anyway) Horde was the first Black Metal band I had heard. I didn't realize at the time they were a Dark throne clone. However, I like it more than Dark throne funnily enough. But back then, I hated it, I was a death metal freak and nothing else was cooler (you know that phase, right...) then later It clicked, the penny dropped.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:16 pm

^I never could really get into it, though I suspect it's mainly just a matter of taste since I'm more into the atmospheric black metal a la Vials Of Wrath, etc.  That being said, I have no plans of getting rid of my CD and do enjoy it from time to time.  Drink From The Chalice Of Blood has an especially cool groove to it.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:21 pm

Kerrick wrote:^I never could really get into it, though I suspect it's mainly just a matter of taste since I'm more into the atmospheric black metal a la Vials Of Wrath, etc.  That being said, I have no plans of getting rid of my CD and do enjoy it from time to time.  Drink From The Chalice Of Blood has an especially cool groove to it.
It definitely has atmosphere. When Listening to the Horde album, I either feel like I'm lost and blindly trying to find my way out of a blizzard or standing in a small quaint cemetery with a creaking small iron gate and pale moonlight splashing down on me. Got some good grooves to break it all up too.

But I know what you mean. Vials of Wrath I haven't given full attention to yet. That cover art though- breath taking. Only really like a handful of Black Metal bands because quite honestly, the vast majority sound alike, or I can't keep from laughing at how stupid the rest of it sounds. Emperor are top tier for me when it comes to Black metal and a few others. Only like one Dark throne album and Mayhem's masterpiece is cold as ice and quite brilliant. Not that you asked I just like rambling about music. Caladan Brood is pretty cool too for some fantasy type stuff.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soundmass.com Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:35 am

Dustofyears wrote:Aprat from Vomoth (who I think might be Jayson anyway) Horde was the first Black Metal band I had heard. I didn't realize at the time they were a Dark throne clone. However, I like it more than Dark throne funnily enough. But back then, I hated it, I was a death metal freak and nothing else was cooler (you know that phase, right...) then later It clicked, the penny dropped.

Vomoth wasn't Jayson...

Soundmass.com
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Soundmass.com Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:02 am

Upcoming SOUNDMASS label releases - Page 2 Scroll10

Soundmass.com
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Pethead and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:02 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
Kerrick wrote:^I never could really get into it, though I suspect it's mainly just a matter of taste since I'm more into the atmospheric black metal a la Vials Of Wrath, etc.  That being said, I have no plans of getting rid of my CD and do enjoy it from time to time.  Drink From The Chalice Of Blood has an especially cool groove to it.
It definitely has atmosphere. When Listening to the Horde album, I either feel like I'm lost and blindly trying to find my way out of a blizzard or standing in a small quaint cemetery with a creaking small iron gate and pale moonlight splashing down on me. Got some good grooves to break it all up too.

But I know what you mean. Vials of Wrath I haven't given full attention to yet. That cover art though- breath taking. Only really like a handful of Black Metal bands because quite honestly, the vast majority sound alike, or I can't keep from laughing at how stupid the rest of it sounds. Emperor are top tier for me when it comes to Black metal and a few others. Only like one Dark throne album and Mayhem's masterpiece is cold as ice and quite brilliant. Not that you asked I just like rambling about music. Caladan Brood is pretty cool too for some fantasy type stuff.

Oh it does have atmosphere for sure; I meant more in a sub-(sub-?)genre sorta way.  It's pretty raw, gritty, and fierce - whereas I tend to gravitate to the somber, majestic, and contemplative side of black metal.  Smile

But on that note, I think I'm going to queue me up some Horde right now.  It's been too long since I've listened to Hellig Usvart all the way through!

As for Vials Of Wrath, all their stuff is great IMO but I think their second album is probably where I'd recommend starting.  This song encapsulates their sound pretty well I think:

Tyrant
Tyrant

Pethead and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:42 pm

Yeah I agree that Days Without Names is VoW's best. DWM is a good album too. I couldn't really get into Seeking Refuge for whatever reason but maybe I should revisit it.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:41 pm

Soundmass.com wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:Aprat from Vomoth (who I think might be Jayson anyway) Horde was the first Black Metal band I had heard. I didn't realize at the time they were a Dark throne clone. However, I like it more than Dark throne funnily enough. But back then, I hated it, I was a death metal freak and nothing else was cooler (you know that phase, right...) then later It clicked, the penny dropped.

Vomoth wasn't Jayson...
Thank you for the info. I have always wanted that settled. One song, for a compilation (as fr as I know) and perhaps the first "Unblack" metal track released (can anyone confirm) and I thought it might have been Jayson for some reason. Is it a one man project (can anyone confirm)  It was a bit of a mystery. Thanks.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:49 pm

Kerrick wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:

Oh it does have atmosphere for sure; I meant more in a sub-(sub-?)genre sorta way.  It's pretty raw, gritty, and fierce - whereas I tend to gravitate to the somber, majestic, and contemplative side of black metal.  Smile

But on that note, I think I'm going to queue me up some Horde right now.  It's been too long since I've listened to Hellig Usvart all the way through!

As for Vials Of Wrath, all their stuff is great IMO but I think their second album is probably where I'd recommend starting.  This song encapsulates their sound pretty well I think:
Second half got a big wolves in the throne room vibe. I'll check some more. Good stuff, thanks.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:55 pm

^WITTR is definitely a major influence on VOW, as Agalloch is too.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by yaark Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:53 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
Soundmass.com wrote:

Vomoth wasn't Jayson...
Thank you for the info. I have always wanted that settled. One song, for a compilation (as fr as I know) and perhaps the first "Unblack" metal track released (can anyone confirm) and I thought it might have been Jayson for some reason. Is it a one man project (can anyone confirm)  It was a bit of a mystery. Thanks.

Vomoth was done by Oneil Alexander, who was also in another band called Desolate Eternity that was featured on Rowe Productions: The Extreme Truth compilation which also had Phil Gibson who was a former member of Mortification), and he may have be a member of Vomitorial Corpulence at one stage. He was later in Cryptal Darkness, which also had Chris Burton and Mark Kelson (who were former members of Paramaecium).

As far as I know, Beyond the Gate was the only track ever released by Vomoth, whether more were actually recorded or not, I do not know.

yaark
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Drawnsword and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:15 pm

That Vomoth song is totally awesome.

LOVE IT.

wish there were more

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Drawnsword and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next