The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rick Beato on Youtube

4 posters

Go down

Rick Beato on Youtube Empty Rick Beato on Youtube

Post by L8T Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:47 pm

(Hope this fits here, please move if it doesn't, thanks)

Just wondered if anyone else here enjoys RB on Youtube.  Meant to post this here months ago, and didn't get around to it but saw Ken Tamplin posted in the comment section of one of his most recent vids and thought I should come over here and start a thread.  

I LOVE the way he nerds out on music.  His "What Makes This Song Great?" segments never disappoint.  I got really hooked with a Kansas vid, then VH Panama and his Peter Frampton vids and interviews were so well done imo.  

I'm not that much of a trained musician, so some of his stuff is way over my head but I just really appreciate his Love for music and his passion to help people like me understand why some of the stuff we listen to is So Cool!  He credits his family for his passion and his success and still is in touch with the people he first made music with, so, his videos hit me in a lot of places, not just musically.
L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Louder, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Rick Beato on Youtube Empty Re: Rick Beato on Youtube

Post by BaleMaster Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:45 am

Thanks for sharing this dude. Subscribed to his channel.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:21 pm

I catch some of his stuff on occasion.  He is a serious music nerd (which is super cool in my book).
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Louder Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:37 am

His videos are fantastic. Seems like a really likable guy, too.
Look for the videos where he's showing off his little boy's musical knowledge. Rick plays a complicated chord on the piano and his little boy, without looking, will say "that's a D-sharp add-9 augmented" or whatever. The kid is as amazing as his dad is.
Louder
Louder
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:19 pm

I do like the videos with his kids, especially his son talking about playing in school band and not being upset with himself and others hitting lots of wrong notes.  

I have been introduced to lots of artists I don't think I would have heard of......Not Peter Frampton and Joe Pass  Very Happy but Keith Jarrett and Oscar Peterson and others.  I don't like all the artists and music that he likes, but he appears to be exactly as he presents himself and the artists he interviews and interacts with appear to really enjoy talking to him.
L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Louder likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down