The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Queen Guitarist Brian May Re-Issues His Fantastic Debut Solo Album, Back To The Light

2 posters

Go down

Queen Guitarist Brian May Re-Issues His Fantastic Debut Solo Album, Back To The Light Empty Queen Guitarist Brian May Re-Issues His Fantastic Debut Solo Album, Back To The Light

Post by Guitar Noir Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:22 pm

Latest blog with a look at the re-issue of Back To The Light, the debut solo album by Queen guitarist Brian May.  The album is highly recommended for fans of Queen.  

https://shadesofnoirsite.wordpress.com/2021/07/10/brian-may-re-issues-his-debut-album-giving-fans-a-second-chance-to-see-the-light/
Guitar Noir
Guitar Noir
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://shadesofnoirsite.wordpress.com/

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Queen Guitarist Brian May Re-Issues His Fantastic Debut Solo Album, Back To The Light Empty Re: Queen Guitarist Brian May Re-Issues His Fantastic Debut Solo Album, Back To The Light

Post by Dustofyears Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:42 am

Brian May is one of my favorite guitarists.  Tone, tasty instrumentalist and knows how to craft solos that fit the song and serve it well.  Like the band he was in, truly epic.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Queen Guitarist Brian May Re-Issues His Fantastic Debut Solo Album, Back To The Light Empty Re: Queen Guitarist Brian May Re-Issues His Fantastic Debut Solo Album, Back To The Light

Post by Guitar Noir Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:14 pm

Dustofyears wrote:Brian May is one of my favorite guitarists.  Tone, tasty instrumentalist and knows how to craft solos that fit the song and serve it well.  Like the band he was in, truly epic.
Do you have any of his solo albums or his albums with singer Kerry Ellis?
Guitar Noir
Guitar Noir
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:34 am

Strangely and unfortunately, no. Time to rectify that situation!  I do love me Queen though- all of it!
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar Noir Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:27 am

Dustofyears wrote:Strangely and unfortunately, no. Time to rectify that situation!  I do love me Queen though- all of it!
Surprising the members of Queen did not put out a lot of solo material.  There is a fair amount and the bulk of it is of high quality.  Roger Taylor has proven to be the most prolific of the band with several solo albums and a few albums with his own band The Cross in the late 80's and early 90's.  For me as a long time fan of Queen I love their solo material.
Guitar Noir
Guitar Noir
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:40 am

Guitar Noir wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:Strangely and unfortunately, no. Time to rectify that situation!  I do love me Queen though- all of it!
Surprising the members of Queen did not put out a lot of solo material.  There is a fair amount and the bulk of it is of high quality.  Roger Taylor has proven to be the most prolific of the band with several solo albums and a few albums with his own band The Cross in the late 80's and early 90's.  For me as a long time fan of Queen I love their solo material.

You are right. I should give them a good listen.  I remember learning the guitar to one of Brian's solo songs (I think it was called cyborg or something like that).  I think also it was done for a video game... (could be mistaken)

For me it's like King's x (the other band I love) they are at their best when together, that chemical mix of the right people at the right time making magic (bit like the Beatles) I'm going to give those solo albums a listen.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar Noir Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:07 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
Guitar Noir wrote:

You are right. I should give them a good listen.  I remember learning the guitar to one of Brian's solo songs (I think it was called cyborg or something like that).  I think also it was done for a video game... (could be mistaken)

For me it's like King's x (the other band I love) they are at their best when together, that chemical mix of the right people at the right time making magic (bit like the Beatles) I'm going to give those solo albums a listen.
Solo albums can be hit or miss.  I love Styx, but a great deal.of their solo work leaves me cold.  Queen, on the other hand, have quality solo material as good as, and at times better than, their work with Queen.
Guitar Noir
Guitar Noir
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:10 am

That's a big statement and high praise for sure.  Def checking em out, starting with Brian, cause, guitar and stuff.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down