The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phinehas - The Fire Itself (New Album)

2 posters

Go down

Phinehas - The Fire Itself (New Album) Empty Phinehas - The Fire Itself (New Album)

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:07 am

New album announcement today, along with the first single from Phinehas in 4 years

Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Phinehas - The Fire Itself (New Album) Empty Re: Phinehas - The Fire Itself (New Album)

Post by Frozen Fire Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:01 am

Oh yes! Listened to it yesterday after I preordered the album. Dan's guitar work is finally at its true level. The man is a monster player and this has it. Isaiah's drum work is wonderful too. First time hearing him on an album. The production is their best yet too. So excited for this!
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Phinehas - The Fire Itself (New Album) Empty Re: Phinehas - The Fire Itself (New Album)

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:51 am

This album has been on repeat non-stop over the weekend!

I gotta say despite how much I love their earlier recordings, this album could just be their best yet!

This album has the best guitar work, vocals, and production of any of their albums, it pretty much takes all the best parts of Thegodmachine, TLWIYTS, and Till The End and puts them all together for peak Phinehas.

Thorns and Holy Coward are my two favorites! I love that Thorns is a sequel to Crowns, and Holy Coward throws in that Southern edge like on My Horses Are Many and Blood On My Knuckles

Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:06 am

100% agreed. I actually didn't think they could get back to the quality and style of "The Last Word Is Yours To Speak" because their style changed with Dan to a more breakdown heavy, technical sound. Dark Flag's mixed production (drum heavy with guitars set back) and the interludes really broke it up. it was a great album in many ways but I was unsure about their future and the gap made me worry they were done, especially with Dan working with Fit for the King. When new material was announced I considered if I would be disappointed. 

I was wrong. This came back to the speed of The Last Word, the technicality remains and is increased but it is fluid, seamless and the songwriting has hit the highest of highs again. Sean's vocals have gotten better. His rough vocals sound more like Blake from Your Memorial in places, deep, more powerful. I was surprised and am thrilled at this album. Dream Thief is my favorite track. Love the speed metal influence.

Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down