The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crimson Covenant - Elements of Fear and Self Destruction Review

3 posters

Go down

Crimson Covenant - Elements of Fear and Self Destruction Review Empty Crimson Covenant - Elements of Fear and Self Destruction Review

Post by mothy Mon May 03, 2021 12:31 pm

So this is a review of my blind buy.

So Crimson Covenant was what looks to be a short lived Thrash/Groove band out of Denver Colorado. The release is on Seventh Star Records and a Apocalypse Production.

Members:

James Ellis : Vocals
Shane Hoefer: Guitars & Vocals
Scott Slaven: Percussion and Death Vox
Oddly enough no bass player

Track Listing
1. Imperial Order of the Elements
2. Knights Fall
3. Essence of Identity
4. The Real Thing
5. Hangmans Joke / Aftermath
6. There & Back
7. Abyss
8. Mind Sets of the Wicked Way
9. Angst
10. Viaje del Sol
11. Final Catharsis

Musically I hear alot of interesting influences, Mort's BloodWorld (mainly reflected in the drumming which the drummer lists specifically as an influence), S.O.D (that punk, not rap but spoken word kinda of vocals and groove of their slower songs), some Eternal Decision and others when you take into count the death growls sprinkled in. It took me about 4 spins to figure out the biggest influence I hear and the is Aeturnus From Blackest Darkness. To me I hear that same kind of formula in the songs and approach (which I love that album so much).

Lyrically the vocals arent "professional" sounding and are all over the board as far as approach but they really work for the band. Content is overtly Christian as fits inline with the bands motto listed in the tray card: 
"Crimson Covenant is a Satan grinding, Demon moshing, God praising metal band from the realm of The Most High God"

Overall Im really liking the record, its got a really raw charm to it and like i said earlier it really reminds of that Aeturnus record I liked so much. According to the CD insert it looks like the lead singer was departing the band already so this was a 1 anbd done recording that Im not sure had much of a release. This really could have used better production overall but its 1997 and Im sure these young guys had a shoestring budget.

I uploaded it to my Soundcloud account so others could hear since Ive never found another copy online anywhere and I feel it deserves a slot in the underground Christian Metal scene.

Let me know what you think of it.

Crimson Covenant
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Temple of Blood and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Crimson Covenant - Elements of Fear and Self Destruction Review Empty Re: Crimson Covenant - Elements of Fear and Self Destruction Review

Post by Temple of Blood Mon May 03, 2021 1:26 pm

Thanks for sharing this man. I'll check it.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Crimson Covenant - Elements of Fear and Self Destruction Review Empty Re: Crimson Covenant - Elements of Fear and Self Destruction Review

Post by Black Rider Mon May 03, 2021 5:31 pm

If it was cleaned up and the vocals gotten under control this could be good.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue May 04, 2021 4:28 pm

Black Rider wrote:If it was cleaned up and the vocals gotten under control this could be good.

I get what your saying but to me its part of what makes the album different from all the others.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down