The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bride on Vinyl

5 posters

Go down

Bride on Vinyl Empty Bride on Vinyl

Post by heck Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:05 am

I think they put the wrong Bride albums on vinyl.  Snakes in the Playground and Kinetic Faith aren’t worth $30.   After the first 5 songs, Snakes goes downhill fast.   And Kinetic is just two great songs surrounded by filler material.   

Scarecrow Messiah is so much better than both.   Solid all the way through down to Thorns, Dale’s best vocal performance ever.   Plus on Scarecrow Messiah, Bride is no longer trying to sound like Guns ‘n Roses.   It sounds like an original band.  You get leads from Oz Fox on Doubt, a clever Troy vocal outtake on Questions, and the fantastic title track is a metaphor for Jesus at the cross.  Every song has groove, every song is catchy, and all the lyrics stick with me.   Love that album.

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Bride on Vinyl Empty Re: Bride on Vinyl

Post by Fundy Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:23 am

I think snakes is one of their best 3 albums.  Kinetic would have been better if they'd have re-recorded the sound to be like Snakes, but kept Dales vocals as they are.  Scarecrow is a great album, but not up to the standard of Snakes.  Yes, maybe Snakes does sound a little like Guns 'n' Roses, but that's what I love most about it.

Each to their own, I guess.  cheers  Best way round this is for all their albums to be on vinyl (oh, and re-record the music to Kinetic too!!!)
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:45 am

May 21, dude! KF and Snayayayayayakes!
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:45 am

heck wrote:I think they put the wrong Bride albums on vinyl.  Snakes in the Playground and Kinetic Faith aren’t worth $30.   After the first 5 songs, Snakes goes downhill fast.   And Kinetic is just two great songs surrounded by filler material.   

Scarecrow Messiah is so much better than both.   Solid all the way through down to Thorns, Dale’s best vocal performance ever.   Plus on Scarecrow Messiah, Bride is no longer trying to sound like Guns ‘n Roses.   It sounds like an original band.  You get leads from Oz Fox on Doubt, a clever Troy vocal outtake on Questions, and the fantastic title track is a metaphor for Jesus at the cross.  Every song has groove, every song is catchy, and all the lyrics stick with me.   Love that album.
Rolling Eyes
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:07 am

All three Star Song era albums need reissues.  I personally want Kinetic Faith on CD (I have the other two already).

Really, if there's a market for it, anything should be re-pressed in limited runs and nothing should ever be "out of print" in the digital/iTunes sense.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:35 am

I would like Scarecrow on vinyl...but after KF and Snayayayayayakes.  

For Heck to unwisely belittle KF and Snayayayayayakes, that's an exercise in ridiculousness.  These are all fine releases by an awesome, timeless band.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by heck Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:27 am

My Snakes cassette tape from the 90’s is still stuck on Dust Through a Fan. That was the rewind spot. I miss the rain blows especially the Air Supply bridge. I liked Goodbye though. The argument was whether it’s worth thirty bucks. I spent less than that on the cassette and CD combined, but still own both. I have purchased a total of 8 other Limited Run vinyl records and for the money they charge I need a given album to be great top to bottom, that’s all.

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:44 am

I see.  

I'm sure if we conducted a poll, you"d be in the minority of hating on such a legendary album.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by grandeped Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:44 am

Yeah, Snakes in the Playground is considered by most fans to be Bride's best. Both that and Kinetic Faith are great from top to bottom. If they aren't for you then that is your choice. You would be in the minority as BaleMaster says. The proof is in how every single album since "Snakes" is hyped as "Snakes 2." You never see any album of theirs hyped as "Scarecrow 2."  Their first 5 albums are generally considered their best. Scarecrow Messiah is a decent album, but they kind of felt like they were going through the motions of trying to create another Kinetic Faith or Snakes in the Playground. Because of that, they went is new directions with Drop and the albums after that.

grandeped
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:53 am

grandeped wrote:Yeah, Snakes in the Playground is considered by most fans to be Bride's best. Both that and Kinetic Faith are great from top to bottom. If they aren't for you then that is your choice. You would be in the minority as BaleMaster says. The proof is in how every single album since "Snakes" is hyped as "Snakes 2." You never see any album of theirs hyped as "Scarecrow 2."  Their first 5 albums are generally considered their best. Scarecrow Messiah is a decent album, but they kind of felt like they were going through the motions of trying to create another Kinetic Faith or Snakes in the Playground. Because of that, they went is new directions with Drop and the albums after that.

I agree with 90% of this except the relative rankings of Kinetic Faith and Scarecrow Messiah.  Of the first six albums I think KF is the weakest (this is just a relative term - still really good though).  I do see why purists of the first three thought KF was an over-produced step back, then discounted the two great albums that came after.

Anyway, Drop got re-released recently, Kinetic... and Snakes... this year, so hopefully Scarecrow... soon.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down