The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Shadows Of Paragon album is coming...

+4
Christian metal Horde
Constantine
Frozen Fire
Lex Metalis
8 posters

Go down

New Shadows Of Paragon album is coming... Empty New Shadows Of Paragon album is coming...

Post by Lex Metalis Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:01 pm

Pre order: https://shadowsofparagon.com/
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

New Shadows Of Paragon album is coming... Empty Re: New Shadows Of Paragon album is coming...

Post by Frozen Fire Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:31 pm

Preorders come with a signed album (20pg booklet) , t-shirt, a physical copy of their previous full length as well.

In U.S. dollars, because international shipping is so high right now, it ends up being $53. Not sure if they will have other packages for preorder in the future.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

New Shadows Of Paragon album is coming... Empty Re: New Shadows Of Paragon album is coming...

Post by Constantine Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:30 pm

The tracks can be previewed and digitally downloaded from Bandcamp here:

Shadows Of Paragon - Amendment E.P.

First single / lyric video from the new E.P.:

Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian metal Horde Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:55 pm

It’s a good album...
Christian metal Horde
Christian metal Horde
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.instagram.com/christianmetalhorde?igsh=ZHl5ZzlqazUxa

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:36 pm

It sounds good. I was thinking about pre-ordering the bundle but it's expensive and the website doesn't appear to be fully secure according to my browser.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian metal Horde Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:42 am

Son of Nun wrote:It sounds good. I was thinking about pre-ordering the bundle but it's expensive and the website doesn't appear to be fully secure according to my browser.

Nordic Mission is also a possibility
Christian metal Horde
Christian metal Horde
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.instagram.com/christianmetalhorde?igsh=ZHl5ZzlqazUxa

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:53 pm

I was highly looking forward to this but unfortunately I am not going to be picking this one up. I found something very bad in the lyrics:

Shadows of Paragon - Mindblowing wrote:You are the source of love
love cannot be content alone
You are a self-reliant person
still You have a need
for Your love to be returned
so that love can be complete

This is a heretical view of God. He is fully complete in Himself and has no needs. This appears in a later song on the album too:

Shadows of Paragon - Not by Domination wrote: the Creator was longing for love
despite His self-reliance
to be loved was a need
yet to be filled

God doesn't need us. When we sinned against Him, He would have been perfectly just to condemn us all and never save us. But because he loved us while we were yet sinners, He sent His Son to die for us on the cross to pay for our sins, the sins of us whom He chose before He laid the foundation of the world. This is love. Prior to creating us, God wasn't incomplete, longing, looking for love from outside of Himself. There is no doubt that Jesus rejoices in His church as a bridegroom rejoices in his bride, and there is no doubt that God has called us to love Him - but it isn't because He needed it.

Edit: the lyrics are available on Bandcamp for anyone who wants to see them: https://shadowsofparagon.bandcamp.com/album/amendment

Last edited by CrimsonWarrior on Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:04 pm

Totally agree, sad they are saying this.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

CrimsonWarrior likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:00 pm

I wonder if there's an issue with their understanding of the English language. I guess you could always ask them what their intent was.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:03 pm

Having pre-ordered the album, every song comes with an explanation for the lyrics. There is a lot of mixture. There are some truly fantastic statements and a lot of biblical scriptural supports for much of what they are saying but there are also other highly questionable statements and things I would submit (similar to those above) are wrong. The explanations don't always help.

For example, both the lyrics and explanation of Not By Domination really bother me. I fully admit the concept of free will and God's sovereign, omnipotent and omniscient reign have truly notable tension. Theologians have argued here for centuries and will till Christ comes back. That said, to deny His omniscience and sovereign rule and put it beneath man's free will is a major blunder in my mind.

I agree with Crimson Warrior's assessment of God's complete perfection and His fullness in himself. His lack in relationship seems to be a theme of some of this album's lyrics, another major blunder.

I'm not surprised others are having a hard time with these things.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Kerrick and CrimsonWarrior like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:22 pm

Yikes, that's enough for me to pass on this too...  

Is the idea of God "needing" us a thing?  I've never heard it taught before, though the spoken part of the last track on Mortal Treason's first album has a similar statement.  I thought it was just an isolated blunder that I've tried to give the benefit of the doubt to, though that album's never sat well with me because of it.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:38 pm

Kerrick wrote:Yikes, that's enough for me to pass on this too...  

Is the idea of God "needing" us a thing?  I've never heard it taught before, though the spoken part of the last track on Mortal Treason's first album has a similar statement.  I thought it was just an isolated blunder that I've tried to give the benefit of the doubt to, though that album's never sat well with me because of it.
I think this happens when we have a low view God and high view of man. 

Honestly the notes for this album tend to speak highly of God in one respect but then in the next our rejecting Him is making Him sad, He's hoping we might eventually receive Him and that we will choose to do His will so His plans can be fully accomplished. His plans, His emotions are tied up in us. He inadvertently becomes like the emotional, lovesick partner on the weak end of a loveless relationship.

I want to give the benefit of the doubt myself when some of the above thoughts are expressed but when you start seeing the web it is attached in a multitude of statements it becomes tough to bear.

I already preordered the album. It may already be on its way. I will decide what to do with listening to it when I've sat with it.

For anyone with questions I have messaged them on Facebook several times. They have been very responsive. I'd say you should ask away! I wanted to ask about Not By Domination myself but was waiting for the album.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and CrimsonWarrior like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:58 pm

I contacted the band on Facebook and this is what they had to say:

Before ”need” we write ”you are a self-reliant person” which means that in that way God does not have a need. The ”need” of being loved back is more lika a strong longing or a strong wanting. This means it blesses God when you love him back because he loves you.

That sounds better, but I wish they would have just framed in that way in the lyrics.

I've become more concerned with the last song which says:

"you are free to leave but I’ll never forsake you no one will ever be able to snatch you out of My steadfast hands."

This could imply that a person can apostatize and still be saved. The dialogue I'm having with them on this question has been less re-assuring.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:47 am

Son of Nun wrote:I contacted the band on Facebook and this is what they had to say:

Before ”need” we write ”you are a self-reliant person” which means that in that way God does not have a need. The ”need” of being loved back is more lika a strong longing or a strong wanting. This means it blesses God when you love him back because he loves you.

That sounds better, but I wish they would have just framed in that way in the lyrics.

I've become more concerned with the last song which says:

"you are free to leave but I’ll never forsake you no one will ever be able to snatch you out of My steadfast hands."

This could imply that a person can apostatize and still be saved. The dialogue I'm having with them on this question has been less re-assuring.
Thanks for asking! It's much better to have the conversation and they have seemed quite willing to do so.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down