The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kohllapse re-issue

+3
Kerrick
Drawnsword
Soundmass.com
7 posters

Go down

Kohllapse re-issue Empty Kohllapse re-issue

Post by Soundmass.com Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:09 am

www.soundmass.com

KOHLLAPSE, hailing from Australia’s capital city Canberra, self-released their debut album in 1996. This self-titled CD introduced the world to the band’s progressive brand of doom metal. It is an album of contrasts: heavy/mellow, slow/blistering, clean/growled, simple/complex. It is this variation that makes it engaging. It is at times majestic, at other times anguished or sombre, but always intense and precise. Well-composed and creative, every song is allowed space to breathe and is heavy in atmosphere, even when not guitar heavy.

This album has aged well and Soundmass is pleased to be re-issuing it in 2021 to make it readily available again. The audio has been remastered by Rob Colwell (Bombworks Sound), with new artwork and layout by Scott Waters (Ultimatum/NoLifeTilMetal). Recommended for fans of Virgin Black, Saviour Machine, Visionaire, Paradise Lost or Type O Negative.
Kohllapse re-issue 81373000014885246_zc_v11_1612175294195_kohllapsecover_900x900
[url][/url]

Soundmass.com
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Kohllapse re-issue Empty Re: Kohllapse re-issue

Post by Drawnsword Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:08 am

This album was a favorite regular player of mine in 96/97. They had a side project or was it one member called C.Y.E (Close Your Eyes) that was awesome too!
Drawnsword
Drawnsword
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://drawnswordgraphix.blogspot.co.nz/

Kerrick and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soundmass.com Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:49 pm

Drawnsword wrote:This album was a favorite regular player of mine in 96/97. They had a side project or was it one member called C.Y.E (Close Your Eyes) that was awesome too!

I tried to talk Ro into letting us include the C.Y.E songs as bonus tracks, but he wouldn't Crying or Very sad

Soundmass.com
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Drawnsword likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:29 pm

I don't believe I've heard Close Your Eyes but I'd be very interested if/when you're ever able to re-release their stuff!  But as for the Khollapse CD, I'm really glad more folks will be able to enjoy this album because it really is very good!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by yaark Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:14 pm

Great to see some of these rarities being re-issued. I have had the original version of this since it was released. I do tend to listen to Distant Mind Alternative more though - such a melancholic album.

It would be awesome if you could secure a re-issue of Discarnated - Deus Misereatur along with their Demo. The recording quality on the album was pretty trashy and it would be amazing to hear it cleaned up and polished.

Would also love to see the Flesh Walker cassettes released to CD.. Smile! Jesus Loves You! and Flesh Walker. The live track at the end of the Chords of the Grave compilation is taken from side B of the Flesh Walker cassette, which is live recordings of 2 different gigs on Side A and Side B. I think the former owner of Cross Rythms (which maybe became BlastBeats later on if I remember) Alan Tregonning was part of this band when he was in Australia. I have the Flesh Walker cassette, which is pretty good, but haven't heard the Smile! Jesus Loves You! cassette.

yaark
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:41 am

How does this compare to Distant Mind Alternative?
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:46 pm

Frozen Fire wrote:How does this compare to Distant Mind Alternative?

It's similar, though more raw and maybe a tad heavier.  There's also a straight-up black metal track on it.  If you like DMA, you'll dig the s/t album too!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:31 pm

Kerrick wrote:
Frozen Fire wrote:How does this compare to Distant Mind Alternative?

It's similar, though more raw and maybe a tad heavier.  There's also a straight-up black metal track on it.  If you like DMA, you'll dig the s/t album too!

Sounds like a good endorsement the other way too.  I should pick up DMA.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:56 pm

Last I've noticed, you can still find the DMA re-release from some years back for pretty cheap.  I definitely recommend it if you like gothic/doom.  There's basically nothing (that I'm aware of) comparable in the Christian scene.  Maybe Visionaire and elements of early Virgin Black, but even then they're quite different.

This is a few years ago, but I had ordered the s/t album and received the original version of DMA by accident.  I believe it was from Boone's Overstock.  I let them know that I got the wrong CD and I'd be happy to buy the CD they did ship me but they said just keep it and promptly sent me the s/t one.  Score!  I don't think I've ever seen the original version of DMA available anywhere else, and that place was the only spot that had the s/t CD for a reasonable price.  Pretty cool!  Very Happy

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Drawnsword Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:06 am

Soundmass.com wrote:
Drawnsword wrote:This album was a favorite regular player of mine in 96/97. They had a side project or was it one member called C.Y.E (Close Your Eyes) that was awesome too!

I tried to talk Ro into letting us include the C.Y.E songs as bonus tracks, but he wouldn't Crying or Very sad
Oh man, argkkkkkkkkkkkh!!!!!!!That would have been so fitting and awesome!
yaark wrote:Great to see some of these rarities being re-issued. I have had the original version of this since it was released. I do tend to listen to Distant Mind Alternative more though - such a melancholic album.

It would be awesome if you could secure a re-issue of Discarnated - Deus Misereatur along with their Demo. The recording quality on the album was pretty trashy and it would be amazing to hear it cleaned up and polished.

Would also love to see the Flesh Walker cassettes released to CD.. Smile! Jesus Loves You! and Flesh Walker. The live track at the end of the Chords of the Grave compilation is taken from side B of the Flesh Walker cassette, which is live recordings of 2 different gigs on Side A and Side B. I think the former owner of Cross Rythms (which maybe became BlastBeats later on if I remember) Alan Tregonning was part of this band when he was in Australia. I have the Flesh Walker cassette, which is pretty good, but haven't heard the Smile! Jesus Loves You! cassette.
I agree, Discarnated - Deus Misereatur along with their Demo and the Flesh Walker cassettes released to CD!!!!! Please!!!
Drawnsword
Drawnsword
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://drawnswordgraphix.blogspot.co.nz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:57 pm

Ha, all this talk has got me in the mood for some Kohllapse.  Smile  I'm listening to the s/t album now.

Soundmass.com wrote:

Soundmass, did he just not want those songs re-released with the Kohllapse album or not at all?  I'd definitely be interested in a CD release of just the C.Y.E. tracks...

As for Discarnated, I'm really surprised it still hasn't gotten any re-release treatment; I think there are a lot of folks who'd love to have a copy.  I got my hands on an original copy from someone here a while ago because I'm such a huge fan of Virgin Black but ended up fairly quickly selling it off to someone else because it just wasn't my cup of tea.  I'm not the biggest fan of that style of death metal to start, and all the songs sounded too similar to my ears.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:09 pm

I happen to think that Distant Mind Alternative is quite brilliant.  
Very unnoticed album too.  
I prefer it to the S/T mainly because I feel like it's very unique in the kind of soundscape it crafts.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down