The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Was The First CD You Ever Purchased?

+16
the Ceiling
oldschooldoom
outofstep
Raegoul
Dustofyears
Snert I
TZ75
Staybrite
Follower of Jesus
Andreas89
MagnusPrime
crucifyd
xMetalMarkx
alldatndensum
Pethead
Constantine
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What Was The First CD You Ever Purchased? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Was The First CD You Ever Purchased?

Post by TZ75 Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:30 am

Superjuice wrote:Galactic Cowboys debut was my first purchase, but I didn't even own a cd player at the time.  I was dependent on roommates and friends.  I was playing it through for one of my friend's at his place and his reaction was "it's pretty weird" and this from a guy who was into alternative music heavily. 

Needless to say, that album takes awhile to catch on and does not have the production value of Space In Your Face which I already owned on tape.  The debut is a step down from Space, so I was disappointed that it wasn't as "crunchy" as Space, but it is a good album after 4 or 5 listens.

I disagree about the heaviness. Space In Your Face was a more clear and focused production with punchy bass tones, but the first GC album was a massive wall of sound and distortion. You have to appreciate the Sabbath or Kyuss “stoner fuzz” heaviness to know what I mean. It’s more big and open rather than tight and “scooped” midrange. Listen to the main riffs and breakdown parts on I’m Not Amused and Why Can’t You Believe In Me. It’s way thicker and heavy than anything on SIYF.

If anything, Machine Fish had the crunchiest guitar sound. Definitely more than Space did.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2