The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VENI DOMINE Albums Ranked - Place Your Votes

+3
Frozen Fire
BaleMaster
Constantine
7 posters

Go down

VENI DOMINE Albums

VENI DOMINE Albums Ranked - Place Your Votes I_vote_lcap38%VENI DOMINE Albums Ranked - Place Your Votes I_vote_rcap 38% 
[ 9 ]
VENI DOMINE Albums Ranked - Place Your Votes I_vote_lcap21%VENI DOMINE Albums Ranked - Place Your Votes I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 5 ]
VENI DOMINE Albums Ranked - Place Your Votes I_vote_lcap13%VENI DOMINE Albums Ranked - Place Your Votes I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
VENI DOMINE Albums Ranked - Place Your Votes I_vote_lcap8%VENI DOMINE Albums Ranked - Place Your Votes I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
VENI DOMINE Albums Ranked - Place Your Votes I_vote_lcap4%VENI DOMINE Albums Ranked - Place Your Votes I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
VENI DOMINE Albums Ranked - Place Your Votes I_vote_lcap8%VENI DOMINE Albums Ranked - Place Your Votes I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 24

VENI DOMINE Albums Ranked - Place Your Votes Empty VENI DOMINE Albums Ranked - Place Your Votes

Post by Constantine Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:06 pm

For fans or casual listeners of the Swedish doom metal band Veni Domine, 
Which albums would you say are their best ones ?

The poll is open to multiple choice.  As there are 7 albums total, I would say try to pick the best 3 or 4, or 5 at the most  Smile
Votes can be changed so no worries if you want to edit your choices later.

I have heard so many different opinions over the years so I am curious to know what CMR members think.

Last edited by Constantine on Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

VENI DOMINE Albums Ranked - Place Your Votes Empty Re: VENI DOMINE Albums Ranked - Place Your Votes

Post by BaleMaster Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:42 pm

I voted for all.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

VENI DOMINE Albums Ranked - Place Your Votes Empty Re: VENI DOMINE Albums Ranked - Place Your Votes

Post by Constantine Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:54 pm

BaleMaster wrote:I voted for all.
I put in my 3 votes to get some needed imbalance, lol.  Wink
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:01 pm

I think the debut is one of the best classic doom albums ever. It is legendary. It is catchy, well produced, epic. It plays in my head many, many times a year, especially when I am reading anything related to Babylon in the scriptures.

After that I enjoy every album. I think "The Album of Labour" is the sleeper of the bunch. Tongues felt like a comeback after 23:59. I really liked Light. It was the closest they'd come to a true classic since Material Sanctuary but I was saddened that Fredrik's vocals were fading a bit. I still hoped for more though. One of the best bands in the scene. That reminds that I have a Tongues T-shirt somewhere. It must have been misplaced when we moved.

As far as votes, I voted for Fall Babylon Fall and Material Sanctuary only. Those are tops for me.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Constantine and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:03 pm

They were an incredibly talented group of guys.  Sadly, I just never was able to get into them.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:15 pm

I still don’t own anything from them. I’ll be interested to see the results of this thread so I can start to remedy that oversight!
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:31 pm

FBF, MS and Album of Labor in that order.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Constantine and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:37 pm

alldatndensum wrote:They were an incredibly talented group of guys.  Sadly, I just never was able to get into them.
I agree they are not going to be to everyone's tastes.  They remain important primarily because there are not many doom metal bands in the Christian scene.   There are plenty of bands that have a few doomy songs (Tourniquet, Adorned Graves, Antestor, Mortification, etc.) but very few full-on Christian doom metal bands.  So in that sense, they occupy a special place.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:15 pm

Pethead wrote:I still don’t own anything from them. I’ll be interested to see the results of this thread so I can start to remedy that oversight!
Be prepared to drop some major coin for 23:59...if you can find it.  Extremely rare.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bgsully Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:31 am

I love most of their material,  but I voted for fall, material, and tongues.

Fall was an instant classic IMO.
Material was a grower for me, but is now my second favorite of theirs.
Tongues just grabbed me.
bgsully
bgsully
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://faustianslip.bandcamp.com

Friday13th and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down