The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The most re-released album in Christian Metal history?

+14
oldschooldoom
jaydeecrawson
Airola
mothy
WildWorld
yaark
CrimsonWarrior
Dustofyears
Temple of Blood
Gosro
Contrarian Deist
average joe
BaleMaster
Lex Metalis
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The most re-released album in Christian Metal history? Empty The most re-released album in Christian Metal history?

Post by Lex Metalis Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:45 pm

My guess: Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice

Original Release: 

Re-releases: 

1998 (KMG - with Once Dead)
2010 (Intense Millenium + Bonus CD)
2017 (30th Anniversary)
2018 (Unreleased First Mix)
2020 (Gold CD)
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Contrarian Deist likes this post

Back to top Go down

The most re-released album in Christian Metal history? Empty Re: The most re-released album in Christian Metal history?

Post by BaleMaster Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:51 pm

That's ridiculous.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

The most re-released album in Christian Metal history? Empty Re: The most re-released album in Christian Metal history?

Post by Lex Metalis Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:52 pm

the thread or the quantity of re-releases? haha
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Friday13th, Constantine and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:09 pm

Just goes to show how lacking quality thrash releases are.

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

oldschooldoom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:22 pm

I would've guessed Mortifications *scrolls of the megilloth*, but that's only because it is probably the most well known and popular *Christian metal* album of all time. I mean ask the average nonchristian metalhead to name a Christian metal band and album and most will respond with this one , due to it being originally released on both a Christian metal label AND Nuclear Blast and terminate damnantion and scrolls itself being on several *secular* compilations.
Though alot of nonchristian will name Stryper(alone or along with Mort).
But I'm not sure what Christian metal album has been the most re-released or remastered, etc..

Wasn't Crimson Thorns *unearthed* released on a few different labels and with a few different album covers(my fave in the one with the skeleton on the pole with the farmland type scene in the background)?

You say V.R. Human Sacrifice Lex. Will take your word, unless someone proves some other band/album as being so instead.

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:32 pm

Deliverance

Self Titled 
OR (1989)
KMG w/ Weapons (1998)
Retroactive (2008)
No Life Til Metal (2017)
Roxx - Gold CD (2020)

Weapons

OR (1990)
KMG w/ Self Titled (1998)
Retroactive (2008)
Bombworks (2017)
Bombworks - Long Box Gold Edition CD (2021)

Last edited by LexMetalis on Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:35 pm

Contrarian Deist wrote:I would've guessed Mortifications *scrolls of the megilloth*, but that's only because it is probably the most well known and popular *Christian metal* album of all time. I mean ask the average nonchristian metalhead to name a Christian metal band and album and most will respond with this one , due to it being originally released on both a Christian metal label AND Nuclear Blast and terminate damnantion and scrolls itself being on several *secular* compilations.
But I'm not sure what Christian metal album has been the most re-released or remastered, etc..

Wasn't Crimson Thorns *unearthed* released on a few different labels and with a few different album covers(my fave in the one with the skeleton on the pole with the farmland type scene in the background)?

You say V.R. Human Sacrifice Lex. Will take your word, unless someone proves some other band/album as being so instead.

The "skeleton pole" art was also my favorite for "Unearthed". Had a strange eeriness to it. I liked the logo they used on that one as well. Looked more like a thrash band's logo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:37 pm

Contrarian Deist wrote:I would've guessed Mortifications *scrolls of the megilloth*, but that's only because it is probably the most well known and popular *Christian metal* album of all time. I mean ask the average nonchristian metalhead to name a Christian metal band and album and most will respond with this one , due to it being originally released on both a Christian metal label AND Nuclear Blast and terminate damnantion and scrolls itself being on several *secular* compilations.

Let's go... (Edit)

Mortification - Scrolls ...

OR (1992)
Nuclear - 2CD with PMA (1996)
KMG - 2CD with Self Titled (1998)
Soundmass (2005)
Metal Mind (2008)
Metalville (2017)
Soundmass (2020)

Crimson Thorn - Unearthed

OR (1994)
Rex (1995)
Morphine (1997)
Unearthed to Dissection 2 CD Set (2005)
Anthology 3 CD Set (2017)
Bombworks - Gold cd (2019)

Last edited by LexMetalis on Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Contrarian Deist likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:23 pm

LexMetalis wrote:

Let's go...

OR (1992)
Soundmass (2005)
Metal Mind (2008)
Metalville (2017)
SOundmass (2020)

OR (1994)
Rex (1995)
Morphine (1997)

Don't forget, Scrolls was released on Nuclear Blast as well, I think post momentary was as well.
Scrolls was also released on Intense records

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Friday13th likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:29 am

Contrarian Deist wrote:
LexMetalis wrote:

Let's go...

OR (1992)
Soundmass (2005)
Metal Mind (2008)
Metalville (2017)
SOundmass (2020)

OR (1994)
Rex (1995)
Morphine (1997)

Don't forget, Scrolls was released on Nuclear Blast as well, I think post momentary was as well.

Yeah, but personally I don't qualify as re-release, just a release in other market (in case of NB, the "secular market").
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:08 am

Horde, with Hellig Usvart it's a good option too...

OR (1994)
Soundmass (2004)
Metal Mind (2008)
Soundmass (2020)
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gosro Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:52 pm

Here are some releases of this one. I’m not sure if
these are all.

Stryper: In God We Trust

1988, 1989 Enigma Records
1988 DRO
1988 Seoul Records
1988 BMG Direct Marketing
1988 CBS
1988, 1989 Liberation Records
1990 Capitol Records
1995, 1997, 2009 Hollywood Records

Gosro
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

oldschooldoom and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:24 pm

Gosro wrote:Here are some releases of this one. I’m not sure if
these are all.

1988 DRO
1988 Seoul Records
1988 CBS
1990 Capitol Records

Major part are repress. A re-release need to have some differences from the original press. Remaster, Remix, different cover art, bonus tracks,,,
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gosro Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:26 pm

LexMetalis wrote:
Gosro wrote:Here are some releases of this one. I’m not sure if
these are all.

1988 DRO
1988 Seoul Records
1988 CBS
1990 Capitol Records

Major part are repress. A re-release need to have some differences from the original press. Remaster, Remix, different cover art, bonus tracks,,,

Oh? Ok. Sorry, didn’t know that.

Gosro
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:12 pm

It feels like every time I turn around that first VR is getting re-released again.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Friday13th and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:20 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:It feels like every time I turn around that first VR is getting re-released again.

Waiting for the instrumental mix
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:39 pm

V.R. re-releases: Those crappy new covers though on the first two re-releases!  They need to re-release the re-releases with the original covers; even hidden inside I can feel those hideous covers staring at me (sorry whoever made it, but it's true)
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:11 pm

Dustofyears wrote:V.R. re-releases: Those crappy new covers though on the first two re-releases!  They need to re-release the re-releases with the original covers; even hidden inside I can feel those hideous covers staring at me (sorry whoever made it, but it's true)
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:43 pm

Hellig Usvart was mentioned here earlier. According to Unblack Archives it has been:
 - released six times on CD
 - three, maybe four times on cassette
 - twice on vinyl

Some of these releases were in the same year. But dang, that is a lot of releases!
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:51 am

CrimsonWarrior wrote:Hellig Usvart was mentioned here earlier. According to Unblack Archives it has been:
 - released six times on CD
 - three, maybe four times on cassette
 - twice on vinyl

Some of these releases were in the same year. But dang, that is a lot of releases!

Yeah..

We need:

remixed version
acoustic version
symphonic version...

hahaha
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by yaark Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:40 pm

LexMetalis wrote:
Contrarian Deist wrote:
LexMetalis wrote:

Let's go...

OR (1992)
Soundmass (2005)
Metal Mind (2008)
Metalville (2017)
SOundmass (2020)

OR (1994)
Rex (1995)
Morphine (1997)

Yeah, but personally I don't qualify as re-release, just a release in other market (in case of NB, the "secular market").

Scrolls also had the following re-releases:

Nuclear Blast - Scrolls / PMA digipak (1996)
KMG - Self-titled / Scrolls (1998)

yaark
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:57 pm

yaark wrote:
LexMetalis wrote:
Contrarian Deist wrote:
LexMetalis wrote:

Let's go...

OR (1992)
Soundmass (2005)
Metal Mind (2008)
Metalville (2017)
SOundmass (2020)

OR (1994)
Rex (1995)
Morphine (1997)

Scrolls also had the following re-releases:

Nuclear Blast - Scrolls / PMA digipak (1996)
KMG - Self-titled / Scrolls (1998)

Thanx man... I'll update my post
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:27 pm

LexMetalis wrote:
Weapons

OR (1990)
KMG w/ Self Titled (1998)
Retroactive (2008)
Bombworks (2017)

+ Long box/golden disc edition with 8 bonus track (2021)
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:35 pm

LexMetalis wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:It feels like every time I turn around that first VR is getting re-released again.

How about the acapella mix with all the instruments removed?

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Friday13th likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:40 pm

WildWorld wrote:
LexMetalis wrote:

How about the acapella mix with all the instruments removed?

Maybe inthe 35th anniversary edition...
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next