The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lords of Chaos, movie

Go down

Lords of Chaos, movie Empty Lords of Chaos, movie

Post by Contrarian Deist Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:10 pm

Has anyone here seen the hollywood movie *Lords of Chaos* about the Norwegian black circle? What are your thoughts on it and how true or false it is in its history and portrayal of the circle, the bands, and the individuals and the occurrences?
I've yet to see it. I have been trying to find it on Netflix or somewhere for free to view to no avail. Though I've seen the trailers and seen many reviews of it from black metal fans and metalheads and regular people.
From what I've heard/read on it, it just seems to be a movie made to hero-ize(in a dark way) Euronymous and especially made to commit libel/defamation against Varg, it seems they got several things incorrect about a few of the individuals, invented a girlfriend for Euronymous, misrepresenting several things, and ommitted Norwegian accents, though apparently got the image and sound down pat.
I'm skeptical of it but still wanna check it out sometime.
But anyone here seen it? Your thoughts?
Does it do the scene and the individuals and bands a disservice or no?

And apparently the guy who directed/put it together did session drums for Bathory once....thinks this makes him some expert on BM and the black circle, lol! If he we were really truly BM he wouldn't have sold out to the highest bidder to go all *hollywood*, and I have heard the movie is kinda being marketed as a horror movie exploiting the murders and violence and making the scenes of them in the movie really gory and brutal, rather than dooing the ethical thing and instead making it a documovie drama on the events and people. Just exploitive money grubbing sensationalization. And he barely got input from any of the individuals in that circle, some told him to f-off but a few others weren't even contacted(until afterwards). Pretty disrespectful of him and the others involved in making the movie.
Hmmmmmm....

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Lords of Chaos, movie Empty Re: Lords of Chaos, movie

Post by Guest Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:50 pm

I could not finish watching the movie as I found it disturbing compared to the book on which it is based. I would definitely recommend the book if you have not read it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:01 am

Erasmus wrote:I could not finish watching the movie as I found it disturbing compared to the book on which it is based. I would definitely recommend the book if you have not read it.

I've read the book, many a year ago. I liked it at the time, looking back though I now share many of the same opinions of it that many other BM and extreme metal fans have of it...that it ain't that great, lol!

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down