The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motivik- New lyric video for the single “Away”

+2
Frozen Fire
Roebuckryan
6 posters

Go down

Motivik- New lyric video for the single “Away”  Empty Motivik- New lyric video for the single “Away”

Post by Roebuckryan Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:26 pm

Hey all! Checkout our new single “Away.” Download available on our Bandcamp site! Full album on a December 18th!

https://youtu.be/YY_-cePB7SE

Much love to you,
Ryan
Roebuckryan
Roebuckryan
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Motivik- New lyric video for the single “Away”  Empty Re: Motivik- New lyric video for the single “Away”

Post by Frozen Fire Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:16 pm

Really enjoyed this! Good to hear a full tune and get used to the style of the band. I was taken aback at first with the transition from the screamed vocals to the clean vocals on the chorus but by the end of the song I was already coming around. On the second listen it fit just right. You've got something unique here! The vocals have a Rex Scott - Zion era style to them. The riffing, soloing, musicianship in general is outstanding!

Is there a preorder for CDs somewhere?
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Roebuckryan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Motivik- New lyric video for the single “Away”  Empty Re: Motivik- New lyric video for the single “Away”

Post by Roebuckryan Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:05 pm

Thanks for listening! Preorders begin next week at Roxx!

Ryan
Roebuckryan
Roebuckryan
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:59 pm

Lots of riffing going on there. I like it just wish the low end was beefed up a little.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:43 pm

The album's out on Bandcamp:
https://motivik.bandcamp.com/album/death-of-the-gunman-2

What I've listened to so far sounds good. My only concern is that there doesn't seem to be much that's distinctly Christian in the lyrics other than the Sacrament cover ("Souls in Torment"). Edit: I should clarify that that's not necessarily a problem, as obviously the band should have the artistic freedom to talk about what they want, and there was nothing in the lyrics that was problematic or anything like that, as far as I can remember. I am just always hopeful to find bands that loudly proclaim the gospel.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Roebuckryan Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:11 pm

Glad you like what you hear! In terms of lyrics, I write from a personal place that usually comes out in story form or metaphor. The meanings can be just beneath the surface. I realize this may not satisfy everyone and I’m ok with that as much prayer and worship was involved. The entire album deals with temporal issues of The problem of evil (inception), the state of mega churches and the taxation on ministers (Away), living in the past, inner torment, betrayal, facing death and our ultimate response to God and gratitude for this life. The whole album is me dealing with these topics from a place of experience as a full time minister. I hope this gives a little context! God bless you all.
Roebuckryan
Roebuckryan
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

CrimsonWarrior likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:16 pm

Oh okay that is cool. I appreciate your explanation of the lyrics (and I apologize if my original statement came off a bit too harshly). The music does sound great and I certainly intend to listen to more of it. I'm not a fan of the megachurch movement either. Been getting into thrash metal a lot more lately so I'm always excited to find new bands.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Roebuckryan Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:22 pm

No you’re fine. No worries. Honestly as a band I want people to talk to me and ask me questions. I’m all about telling them Jesus is the only Way! Songs I approach very artistically though some for the next album are very straightforward. It really depends on what theme or story is going on. Again thx for listening!
Roebuckryan
Roebuckryan
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

CrimsonWarrior likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:45 pm

I was about to post about Motivik here, and found this topic already made, I gotta say that this album is incredible and definitely should be getting more recognition!

I love the album front to back, but I gotta say Undismembered, is absolutely unreal! I assume you were going for it, the song is basically a classic Tourniquet song, its incredible how close you have got the Ritter/Lenaire vocals down, if I didn't know any better I would say its Tourniquet  Surprised

Anyway, just had to post about how great the whole album is and that is one of my top albums of this year!

(Roebuckryan if you see this) Was there any plan to put the album on streaming services? or do a vinyl pressing? I gotta CD but I would love to have a vinyl copy!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Roebuckryan Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:07 pm

Thank you so much for the feedback! Undismembered is a wink to Tourniquet for sure. They influenced me musically and in my life. Streaming is coming mid January. Vinyl I hope happens but nothing planned yet. God bless!
Roebuckryan
Roebuckryan
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:20 pm

Not just Undismembered, Inception could've been on AMVOATR. So far, The Past of Tomorrow is my fave on the album.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:07 pm

I'm still digesting this but it is fantastic. I wanted to post on it the other day but realized I need to have every part sink in. I got a few too many Christmas presents to listen to and this deserves a lot of dedicated time.

A few general comments: great lyrics dealing with some tough experiences, diverse soloing from shredding to some great melodic leads with a light touch and a whole lot of feel. Clean vocals and the melodies there are wonderful and the thrash vocals are distinct which is cool in a world of retro-thrash ripoffs. The album has a great flow to it considering the diversity in the writing. By the time you get to the last track it makes sense. It's not out of place with it's melodic, somewhat western feel. It's a testimony of how well everything has been out together. Really looking forward to playing this often over the next several months.

I'll also note that I enjoyed the Tourniquetisms.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:41 pm

So cool to have a talented band in the genre producing current music.

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down