The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dokken - Beast From The East (Live)

3 posters

Go down

Dokken - Beast From The East (Live) Empty Dokken - Beast From The East (Live)

Post by Follower of Jesus Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:57 pm

I've always felt this was the best live album I've ever heard. It doesn't hurt that it's from one of my favorite bands. However, something is puzzling to me. I bought this on cassette way back in the day, and it had three more songs on it than the original CD and vinyl versions had. "Standing In The Shadows", "Sleepless Nights", and "Turn On The Action" are the three additional songs that were on that cassette version from long ago. I can't believe it, but finding a CD or download of that expanded edition is virtually impossible. I found the three tracks online and downloaded them and inserted them into the songs I ripped from my CD, but the volumes are a little different. I'd love to find a single version of this with the expanded edition. The three extra songs are fantastic, and the album is really missing something when I don't get them.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Dokken - Beast From The East (Live) Empty Re: Dokken - Beast From The East (Live)

Post by Constantine Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:49 pm

You are correct.  The original U.S. cassette and vinyl versions contained the full track list, as did the Japanese 2-disc version.  The Japanese version is OOP but can still be found.  However, Rock Candy records remastered and reissued the full 2-disc version and that can be ordered through Rock Candy records directly or on Amazon here:

Dokken - Beast From The East (Live)

Tracklist:

CD1:

01 - Unchain The Night [Live]
02 - Tooth And Nail [Live]
03 - Standing In The Shadows [Live]
04 - Sleepless Nights [Live]
05 - Dream Warriors [Live]
06 - Kiss Of Death [Live]
07 - When Heaven Comes Down [Live]
08 - Into The Fire [Live]
09 - Mr. Scary [Live]

CD2:

01 - Heaven Sent [Live]
02 - It's Not Love [Live]
03 - Alone Again [Live]
04 - Just Got Lucky [Live]
05 - Breaking The Chains [Live]
06 - In My Dreams [Live]
07 - Turn On The Action [Live]
08 - Walk Away [Studio Recording]

It's also available on Ebay and a few other places.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Dokken - Beast From The East (Live) Empty Re: Dokken - Beast From The East (Live)

Post by Follower of Jesus Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:45 am

Ah! I looked at the MP3 version, thinking it would be the same, and when it didn't have those other three tracks, I assumed the CD didn't either. Excellent! Thank you!!
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by heck Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:06 am

I got the original 2 LP vinyl with all these tracks.   Like the album, but I tend to miss the rhythm guitar every time Lynch breaks into solo.  It’s cool in those parts to hear Pilson carry the song, but still wish for that second guitar due to how the songs are written.

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:32 pm

I picked up the remastered version. I really like this live album because I thought the guitar tones on Back for the Attack were miles better than what was on Tooth & Nail. It’s awesome to hear the great songs from Tooth & Nail performed with the tone from Back to the Attack.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down