The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell us your favorite band from your region/city/state

+6
Black Rider
Grindboy
Tombie
cailen
eatbugs
Lex Metalis
10 posters

Go down

Tell us your favorite band from your region/city/state Empty Tell us your favorite band from your region/city/state

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:48 pm

I living in Rio de Janeiro (the state, not the city) and my favorite band is without doubt, Saint Spirit.

Started in 1993/94 they have 4 full lenghts and 1 Ep with covers (one of them appear on the Deliverance tribute). They really crush in a stage. One of their hightlights was when they opened a Sepultura's concert in 2009.

(Tomarock Fest with Sepultura, Torture Squad and other bands)

(From the album 'Mea Culpa' - 2015)

(From the album 'Vanitas Vanitatum' - 2011)
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood and cailen like this post

Back to top Go down

Tell us your favorite band from your region/city/state Empty Re: Tell us your favorite band from your region/city/state

Post by eatbugs Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:24 pm

American Arson (Michigan) is a new favorite band of mine.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Tell us your favorite band from your region/city/state Empty Re: Tell us your favorite band from your region/city/state

Post by cailen Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:15 am

LexMetalis wrote:I living in Rio de Janeiro (the state, not the city) and my favorite band is without doubt, Saint Spirit.

Started in 1993/94 they have 4 full lenghts and 1 Ep with covers (one of them appear on the Deliverance tribute). They really crush in a stage. One of their hightlights was when they opened a Sepultura's concert in 2009.

(Tomarock Fest with Sepultura, Torture Squad and other bands)

(From the album 'Mea Culpa' - 2015)

(From the album 'Vanitas Vanitatum' - 2011)

I liked Saint Spirit a lot! I can´t find their CDs. They are very talented. Are they still active?
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:18 am

I live in the Lightmare, Creed, Saint Attack, Bloody Cross area.
Can´t choose a favourite one here. Loved the rawer demos a lot!
You can´t compare them - each one is special.
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Tombie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:31 am

Hi cailen, glad to read this. They're very talented guys and personal friends too...

Outside Brazil is really hard to find. I have tried some distribuition in the past but never happened. I'll ask to the band leader if he had some in stock.

And yes, they're alive. Compositions to fill a new album, but with no deadline to release
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Tombie Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:03 am

Here in Washington state it would be Bloodgood, Watchmen, and Demon Hunter.
Tombie
Tombie
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.deadtoselfradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:10 pm

Geez, I grew up in South Dakota. . . “we” did produce Nodes of Ranvier, but well after I moved away.

Home now is New Hampshire. . . which is a wonderful place to live, but. . . .

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:00 pm

I'm originally from Oregon where Saint is from.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Tombie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:48 am

As for current bands living here, I would have to go with Seventh Day Slumber and Disciple which are both located in Tennessee.  I believe most of Skillet lives here now as well.

At one time, all of Guardian lived around Nashville, but I think Jamie went back to Indiana.

John Schlitt lives in Franklin, TN, so I will add him.

As far as big bands from the classic scene, I don't know of anyone purely from Tennessee.  If they secured a record deal, many of the artists moved here to be closer to the Christian labels which took up root in Nashville.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Tombie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetway777 Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:22 pm

Jetway777
Jetway777
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Tombie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:48 pm

Grindboy wrote:Geez, I grew up in South Dakota. . . “we” did produce Nodes of Ranvier, but well after I moved away.

Maybe not your taste in music but ZION was from South Dakota. From that band came Rex Scott who formed X-Sinner and GX Project https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Zion/33355
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:47 pm

I am going to pick from the NY/NJ/CT region otherwise there's slim pickings from my state alone:

Immortal (NY)
Haven (NJ)
Rage Of Angels (CT)
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:53 pm

oldschooldoom wrote:
Grindboy wrote:Geez, I grew up in South Dakota. . . “we” did produce Nodes of Ranvier, but well after I moved away.

Maybe not your taste in music but ZION was from South Dakota. From that band came Rex Scott who formed X-Sinner and GX Project https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Zion/33355

Ah yes!  I’d all but forgotten.  Back when they were new/current they in fact were to my taste.  I remember being able to see a free show they put on at the Western Mall in Sioux Falls in probably. . . ‘88? 90?  I was a kid and it was a long time ago, but you are in fact on point.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down