The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

X-SINNER - Those out-of-print 1st two albums.....

+2
Jetway777
Constantine
6 posters

Go down

X-SINNER - Those out-of-print 1st two albums..... Empty X-SINNER - Those out-of-print 1st two albums.....

Post by Constantine Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:13 pm

I just read that X-Sinner have tried to gain the rights to reissue their 1st two classic albums (both long out of print) but they have been unable to secure the rights from Pakaderm.   

Does anyone know the story of what is going on there and why the band is not able to obtain the rights to reissue these albums?
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

X-SINNER - Those out-of-print 1st two albums..... Empty Re: X-SINNER - Those out-of-print 1st two albums.....

Post by Jetway777 Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:28 pm

Where did you read it? can you please post a link ? If True?
 Probably no reissue /remaster on x-sinner "get it" or "peace treaty" Albums ...Hold onto your originals for sure ! Loud and proud 2.0 was reissued/ remastered 2007 retroactive , and sounds great! and  iTunes has it! Very Happy
Jetway777
Jetway777
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

X-SINNER - Those out-of-print 1st two albums..... Empty Re: X-SINNER - Those out-of-print 1st two albums.....

Post by Constantine Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:18 pm

This is where I read it, it is from a few years ago but it is a good article on the band and their early albums:

Forgotten Hard Rock Albums: X-Sinner
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:00 am

Constantine wrote:I just read that X-Sinner have tried to gain the rights to reissue their 1st two classic albums (both long out of print) but they have been unable to secure the rights from Pakaderm.   

Does anyone know the story of what is going on there and why the band is not able to obtain the rights to reissue these albums?

Usually it boils down to money. Even defunct labels want to paid, and legay hold the rights to the music. And they want lots of money. I remember years ago reading a blog by the bassist of Guardian, David Bach, where he showed a letter that he received every month or 3 moths, telling them how, they still owed tons of money to the label. Sometimes the labels get into fuzzy math. Anyways, this is why they rerecorded their one album, and why bands like Stryper do rerecords: to get the money back to the bands.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetway777 Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:18 am

Constantine wrote:This is where I read it, it is from a few years ago but it is a good article on the band and their early albums:

Forgotten Hard Rock Albums: X-Sinner
Thanks! I'm  Sure Glad I just scored me a RARE CD copy of X-Sinner -"Get it "- A&M records version !

X-SINNER - Those out-of-print 1st two albums..... Xsinner2880
Jetway777
Jetway777
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:21 am

Where did you get it from? I used to have both versions but I sold them on Ebay long ago. Hopefully you didn't pay an arm and a leg.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetway777 Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:35 am

Constantine wrote:Where did you get it from?   I used to have both versions but I sold them on Ebay long ago.  Hopefully you didn't pay an arm and a leg.
I was lucky to get it(Ebay)  for under $50 Bucks........... Sometimes you just get lucky?  Very Happy
Jetway777
Jetway777
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:13 pm

I do see these CD's on Ebay all the time....mostly the original press though, not the A&M version.   

Sure wish the album were still on Spotify!   It was on there last year and then they yanked it.   
Now only 2 songs from the band are on Spotify, "Lift Him Up" and "What Rock Is For."
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:44 pm

It seems like some of the Word/Pakaderm releases are being bought out and repressed.  I don't know the legal minutia of it, but seeing releases like Fear Not gives me hope for an affordable X-Sinner - Get It someday.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:10 pm

Jetway777 wrote:
Constantine wrote:Where did you get it from?   I used to have both versions but I sold them on Ebay long ago.  Hopefully you didn't pay an arm and a leg.
I was lucky to get it(Ebay)  for under $50 Bucks........... Sometimes you just get lucky?  Very Happy
Cool pickup! I scored a pristine cd of an original pressing on Pakaderm thru eBay back in April...but since it was during the COVID, I didn’t receive it until June. The nice part was that I snagged it for around $20. Is there any difference between the A&M pressing and the original? Does it sound the same or is it just different packaging? Any extra songs?
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetway777 Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:37 am

Ammocas wrote:
Jetway777 wrote:
Cool pickup! I scored a pristine cd of an original pressing on Pakaderm thru eBay back in April...but since it was during the COVID, I didn’t receive it until June. The nice part was that I snagged it for around $20. Is there any difference between the A&M pressing and the original? Does it sound the same or is it just different packaging? Any extra songs?
Same recording.... Different packaging and label that's all !  Very Happy
Jetway777
Jetway777
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:49 pm

The article is dated from 2017. In the second last paragraph it states:

By the early 2000s, copies of X-Sinner's initial pair of studio albums had become pricey collector's items on the second hand market. The band wanted to reissue the discs, but were unable to regain the rights to their catalog from Pakaderm Records. Since they couldn't reissue the original, X-Sinner released Fire It Up in 2006, a freshly re-recorded version of Peace Treaty that included one new song.

So they released a rerecorded version of Peace Treaty called Fire It Up and released it in 2006. That's what is being referred to - they couldn't buy or get the rights from Pakaderm Records so they rerecorded Peace Treaty.  It would be cool if they released a rerecorded version of Get It. 

I have all the X-Sinner CDs including both versions of Get It and Loud and Proud. With Dave Bishop doing engineering and Rex Scott doing his own thing and the rhythm section being separated geographically in Newfoundland, Canada (my former neighbor Craig Jeans on drums and Glenn Thomas on bass and guitar), I doubt it that a reunion is possible. I have spoken to Rex several times I may reach out to him to see if there is any X-Sinner material in the works regarding remasters, rerecording or new material. 
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:53 pm

X-Sinner "Fire It Up" and "World Covered In Blood" are now on Spotify!

I just discovered them tonight while doing a search.  

I'd never heard "Fire It Up" before, it is a really good album.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Fundy, Pethead and Raegoul like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down