The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VERACIOUS - Well Of Life E.P. (Swedish Death Metal)

+2
Christian metal Horde
Constantine
6 posters

Go down

VERACIOUS - Well Of Life E.P. (Swedish Death Metal) Empty VERACIOUS - Well Of Life E.P. (Swedish Death Metal)

Post by Constantine Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:39 am

Just discovered this E.P. by a band that has since broken up....a Swedish blackened death metal band (Christian) that was very good and certainly worth checking out.

Very similar vibe to In Flames.   I believe this is their only recorded output, from 2009.   

Enjoy!

Last edited by Constantine on Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

VERACIOUS - Well Of Life E.P. (Swedish Death Metal) Empty Re: VERACIOUS - Well Of Life E.P. (Swedish Death Metal)

Post by Christian metal Horde Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:24 pm

It’s not bad at all. The vocalist is now the vocalist of Shadows of Paragon
Christian metal Horde
Christian metal Horde
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.instagram.com/christianmetalhorde?igsh=ZHl5ZzlqazUxa

Back to top Go down

VERACIOUS - Well Of Life E.P. (Swedish Death Metal) Empty Re: VERACIOUS - Well Of Life E.P. (Swedish Death Metal)

Post by CrimsonWarrior Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:39 pm

They had another EP called Veracity that I have. Solid melodeath for sure. Excurses is another obscure Christian melodeath band that was really good.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Christian metal Horde likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soundmass.com Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:16 am

CrimsonWarrior wrote:They had another EP called Veracity that I have. Solid melodeath for sure. Excurses is another obscure Christian melodeath band that was really good.

https://www.soundmass.com/product/veracity

Soundmass.com
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:20 pm

CrimsonWarrior wrote:They had another EP called Veracity that I have. Solid melodeath for sure. Excurses is another obscure Christian melodeath band that was really good.
Wow, I checked out Excurses and that E.P. is great!    If you or anyone else knows of any way to find that on CD or high quality download, please let me know.   I know that the band members are on You Tube, Instagram, etc. but they do not seem to be responding to anyone there with similar requests....bummer.   Would like to get in touch with them somehow.

As far as the Veracity E.P., I honestly was not thrilled with it.   I thought the keyboards were overdone, and the sound was just....different.  Glad it is still being sold, but I'll stick with the "The Well Of Life" for now.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:32 pm

Constantine wrote:
Wow, I checked out Excurses and that E.P. is great!    If you or anyone else knows of any way to find that on CD or high quality download, please let me know.   I know that the band members are on You Tube, Instagram, etc. but they do not seem to be responding to anyone there with similar requests....bummer.   Would like to get in touch with them somehow.

As far as the Veracity E.P., I honestly was not thrilled with it.   I thought the keyboards were overdone, and the sound was just....different.  Glad it is still being sold, but I'll stick with the "The Well Of Life" for now.

Yeah Excurses was really good. I own the CD but last I knew it's pretty tough to find. No legal downloads of which I'm aware either, unfortunately.

Interesting, I really like the Veracity EP. It does have a bit of a metalcore vibe to it, but the keyboards appeal to me lol.

While we're on the topic of obscure Christian death metal, there was a non-melodic band called Pesticides that I really like, even though vanilla death usually doesn't appeal to me much:

Also, Vardøger's Ghost Notes is very good progressive death if you haven't heard that yet.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:09 pm

CrimsonWarrior wrote:

While we're on the topic of obscure Christian death metal, there was a non-melodic band called Pesticides that I really like, even though vanilla death usually doesn't appeal to me much:

Also, Vardøger's Ghost Notes is very good progressive death if you haven't heard that yet.
Hadn't seen your reply until now when I was looking for my Veracious clips....I checked out Pesticides and they are o.k. but from there I was lead to another obscure German Christian death metal band called Noiz.   Dumb name but much better IMO....anyone who loved Mortification's "Scrolls" would really enjoy this one!

And yes, Vardøger's Ghost Notes is a fascinating listen.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by yaark Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:11 pm

I have the Excurses EP and it is very good.

As for the band Noiz, if you reverse the name, it actually spells Zion. I am pretty sure that this was intentional from the band. Definitely more of a traditional death metal sound on this one.

yaark
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:45 pm

If you find a Christian band that sounds like Dark Tranquillity, let me know.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down