The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone else find these Valor videos kinda...well...creepy?

5 posters

Go down

Does anyone else find these Valor videos kinda...well...creepy? Empty Does anyone else find these Valor videos kinda...well...creepy?

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2020 4:51 am

I really like(d) the band, and I have the new reissue of "Fight For Your Life" as well as the Retroactive release from several years ago of it.....but the 2 videos they did for the new reissue creeps me out and here's why.

These are guys in their 50's, lip syncing to songs they sang in when they were teens or early twenties.

I honestly don't think I have ever seen a band do that before (though I am sure someone has).

I really don't know WHY the lip syncing to older stuff creeps me out so much...but it just does..haha

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else find these Valor videos kinda...well...creepy? Empty Re: Does anyone else find these Valor videos kinda...well...creepy?

Post by MikeInFla Wed May 06, 2020 6:35 am

I had no idea about these videos. But maybe since they did not originally make videos the first time around this was their way of doing it. Honestly I am not familiar enough with the group or their songs to notice. I think it would've made more sense to re-record new versions and do videos with new versions or live versions. 

Not creeped out by it but it was nice to see the videos. I'm just not that familiar with Valor.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else find these Valor videos kinda...well...creepy? Empty Re: Does anyone else find these Valor videos kinda...well...creepy?

Post by MikeInFla Wed May 06, 2020 8:28 am

https://www.valor-band.com/

And it's odd they don't have a link to the CD on the website, that is here: https://valor-bandstore.com/
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffcorpse Wed May 06, 2020 10:03 am

I think it's pretty cool but I'm getting old too.Smile
jeffcorpse
jeffcorpse
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed May 06, 2020 12:06 pm

Is Valor going to be doing any new music?
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Wed May 06, 2020 2:21 pm

The videos look expensive and very well made.

Having said that, I don't think they fit the style or mood of the song very much.

This is one reason I hate music videos.  They distract from the music which is the most important thing.  MTV went off the rails and after a while the videos became more important to selling the music than the songs. 

Regardless, this band is excellent and I really hope they will release more music someday.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed May 06, 2020 7:38 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:The videos look expensive and very well made.

Having said that, I don't think they fit the style or mood of the song very much.
I agree, I don't think the videos really fit the song.  
I had seen the 1st video awhile back, and didn't know what to make of it.  
But regardless, it was cool that they did videos at all.

What I find disappointing is that their t-shirts (on their site) only feature their bare logo - they look pretty sparse.   
Few people outside of the West Coast are likely to recognize the logo or know who they are.  

In any case, it's great to have them back in action.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed May 06, 2020 8:43 pm

I really need to order this and Paradox. Valor has it for 9.99 on their store. I guess the only difference is it has been remastered and the bass tracks re-recorded.

Last edited by MikeInFla on Thu May 07, 2020 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 07, 2020 11:46 am

Temple of Blood wrote:The videos look expensive and very well made.

The videos are definitely well made.

To clarify, I think it would be creepy for any artist to make a video of their 50+ year old self lip-syncing to their 20 year old self like they were actually playing /singing it today...hahahaha. 

Imagine Cyndi Lauper or Toni Brasil making a video lip-syncing their original recordings.....how awkward...

Back to top Go down

Post by mr.electric40 Fri May 08, 2020 4:07 pm

One of the guitar players in Valor (Chris Price) has gotten involved with film making... hence the video's...
mr.electric40
mr.electric40
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down