The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

do you keep track of how much you pay for a given LP/CD etc?

+6
eatbugs
Kerrick
Staybrite
alldatndensum
MikeInFla
crucifyd
10 posters

Go down

do you keep track of how much you pay for a given LP/CD etc? Empty do you keep track of how much you pay for a given LP/CD etc?

Post by crucifyd Mon May 04, 2020 6:00 am

wondering if you keep track of what you paid for each LP, CD, etc in a spreadsheet, a notepad or whatever...

I have archived all receipts in email since 2014.
I've been cleaning out the email lately and I'm considering chucking the receipts and LET. IT. GO.

convince me one way or the other...
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

do you keep track of how much you pay for a given LP/CD etc? Empty Re: do you keep track of how much you pay for a given LP/CD etc?

Post by MikeInFla Mon May 04, 2020 6:14 am

I don't think too much about it but in most cases I won't pay more than 16.99 for a CD or more than $25 for an LP unless it's a double set. My music buying has really slowed down the past year.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

do you keep track of how much you pay for a given LP/CD etc? Empty Re: do you keep track of how much you pay for a given LP/CD etc?

Post by alldatndensum Mon May 04, 2020 7:48 pm

I only keep up with the ridiculous amounts I paid for some CDs so that I don't repeat the same mistake.  Many years ago, I paid $35 for an original copy of Mastedon's "Lofcaudio".  I won't pay that much again.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Mon May 04, 2020 9:40 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I only keep up with the ridiculous amounts I paid for some CDs so that I don't repeat the same mistake.  Many years ago, I paid $35 for an original copy of Mastedon's "Lofcaudio".  I won't pay that much again.

Same here.  Several  years ago I paid $30 for an original CD of Rage of Angels.  Most I've ever paid for any single album/cd...and I won't ever pay that much again.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue May 05, 2020 12:26 am

We've been totally slacking on doing our monthly budget for the past few months (and now with all the effects of the virus, I'm not sure if there'd be any value anyways...) but typically I keep track of what I pay for music each month to make sure that I stay within my modest budget.  But that's as far as I go in tracking; I don't have a spreadsheet or anything with individual prices.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue May 05, 2020 1:07 am

Embarassed   Guilty.  I keep track.  I'm a nerd.  I have a spreadsheet where I keep track of each artist, album, the format (CD vs cassette), and how much I paid.  Sometimes defining "album" can be tricky: Does a double-disc reissue of two previous albums in a single jewel case count as one or two?  I try not to overthink it.

The most I've ever paid for a single disc was the original issue of Bride - Across the Border.  It was $50 plus shipping plus sales tax years ago when I bought it new.  When I don't know/don't remember I input $20 for a CD and $15 for a cassette (both probably over the true cost).

The average I've paid over the years is $12.01.  My goal is to average $10 per purchase.  This calculation is the useful part.  Those of you with buyers remorse over $30+ for a disc could possibly the splurge on a rare purchase IF you can score steals and get good music (not junk for the sake of meeting an average) that brings overall average cost to a reasonable level.

My personal buyers remorse is based on how good the music is, how hard it is to find, and how much of a "deal" something is.  I've felt like I've got bargains at $40 but other times ripped off at $10.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Wed May 06, 2020 3:22 am

No.  Because I make enough money to not worry about the amount I buy.  But I do keep a spreadsheet of all the LPs I own and those I still want to buy, so I don't accidentally buy duplicates.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Wed May 06, 2020 6:40 am

When I was a kid I had a catalogued spreadsheet of every album, its release date, a genre and a rating so I could sort my catalogue. I'd color coordinate, go back in and adjust ratings, etc. I stopped in the late 90s. I've never tracked the cost.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Wed May 06, 2020 8:18 am

I don't keep track of how much I spend money to CD's and LP's. But I do remember paying 40 € ($43) for Rage of Angels's album.
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Tue May 12, 2020 8:32 am

I’m afraid to keep track so I don’t...Although, since last November until now I have a lot of $ tied up in Pre-orders. That’s a lot of $ tied up in music I don’t yet have. It also will take longer to receive now since the coved-19 virus has slowed everything to a halt.No
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down