The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opus Irae - Requiem Aeternam (black metal)

+5
Son of Nun
Frozen Fire
Tobi Elektrik
Snert I
CrimsonWarrior
9 posters

Go down

Opus Irae - Requiem Aeternam (black metal) Empty Opus Irae - Requiem Aeternam (black metal)

Post by CrimsonWarrior Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:57 pm

Has anyone picked up this single? I can't find audio samples for it online or even a review, so I'm curious to know what people think about it because I'm considering purchasing it.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Opus Irae - Requiem Aeternam (black metal) Empty Re: Opus Irae - Requiem Aeternam (black metal)

Post by Snert I Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:00 pm

I didn't even know, that this EP exists. Strange that it is not available or at least mentioned at their homepage nor at their or Endtime Production's bandcamp page. They only have "The Burden of Man" over there.

Hmm, there are live videos on youtube with songs that are not on "The Burden of Man", but I can't make out, if they are from "Requiem Aternam":

Snert I
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Opus Irae - Requiem Aeternam (black metal) Empty Re: Opus Irae - Requiem Aeternam (black metal)

Post by Tobi Elektrik Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:40 am

Opus Irae have signed to Endtime Productions yeears ago. Endtime was pretty slooow in the past but they are putting things on a totally new level with the last Drottnar and the (upcoming?) Opus Irae album.
Drottnar's album was split into 3 EPs which were released digitally and as a limited cassette box before the complete album was released over a year later.

Opus Irae recorded their debut album 5 years ago. Yes, an entire album - called "Into The Endless Night" and ready to be released in 2015.
But at first the CD single "The Burden Of Man" was released in 2016.
2017 this song was also featured on the "Dark Hymns..." sampler by Endtime Productions (to promote the album release?).
In 2018 the single was released digitally on all platforms.
In late 2018 Endtime released a limited edition "picture cassette" single of "The Burden..." which also included the song "The Battle At His Great Return".

Next "big" step was the release of the single CD "Requiem Aeternam" in 2018 which also included "The Battle At His Great Return". Pretty weird that this wasn't anounced on the band's facebook site. There isn't any information on their website too but that's no surprise because (if I'm not mistaken) this site is operated by Mr. Samuel "Endtime" Durling himself.

Now it's 2020 and there's no sign that "Into The Endless Night" will ever be released.

The band said in the past that Endtime Productions needs those "special" releases (cassettes and singles) to raise money for the actual album release. But I highly doubt that they are still fine with waiting 5 years for a proper album release.
This seems to be one of the longest marketing campaigns for a release-ready album ever! :-D
Tobi Elektrik
Tobi Elektrik
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Snert I Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:29 am

Tobi, thanks for the chronology of this confusing release practice!
Do you probably know the titles of the songs in the two youtube live videos I posted above?

Snert I
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:34 am

There are multiple bands on Endtime that have full albums recorded from years ago that aren't being released.

I can't fathom how the label exists or that anyone stays with them. Their products (packaging & production) are always fantastic and I love the bands they have but I'd rather they go somewhere else and get their material released.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:19 pm

It is strange how long it takes for stuff to get released sometimes. The same thing happened with Frosthardr from what I understand (though their album was released by Nordic Mission rather than Endtime).
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:22 pm

I have it. I couldn't find samples or anything online either (which is wild in 2020). I took a chance because I love symphonic black metal and Metal Helm had (and still has) them for very cheap. I'd say it's worth the money. It's good modern symphonic black metal that sounds polished and clean. It's epic and melodic and even has some female chanted parts in what sounds like Latin.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:37 pm

Thanks for the info! I think I'll pick it up.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobi Elektrik Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:00 am

Snert I wrote:Do you probably know the titles of the songs in the two youtube live videos I posted above?

No, sorry, I have no idea...
Tobi Elektrik
Tobi Elektrik
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by wintersdawn Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:40 pm

Message from the band 01/12/20 regarding the album release:

It will arrive on Endtime soon. We want to wait until we can support the release with a tour after the Pest.

wintersdawn
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:14 pm

"The Pest."  I think I'm gonna have to start using that...   Cool

But thanks for the update.  I haven't gotten around to picking up their singles but I like what I've heard and will probably snag the full-length upon release!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:50 pm

The single is available on Bandcamp for $1 here:

Opus Irae - The Burden Of Man single

It's pretty cool.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Christian metal Horde likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian metal Horde Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:38 pm

Constantine wrote:The single is available on Bandcamp for $1 here:

Opus Irae - The Burden Of Man single

It's pretty cool.
Very good song indeed
Christian metal Horde
Christian metal Horde
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.instagram.com/christianmetalhorde?igsh=ZHl5ZzlqazUxa

Back to top Go down

Post by wintersdawn Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:40 pm

Purchased Jan 2016, great track.

wintersdawn
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down