The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Gary Lenaire interview @HM

5 posters

Go down

New Gary Lenaire interview @HM Empty New Gary Lenaire interview @HM

Post by TZ75 Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:12 am

It’s a short interview... but it’s better than nothing. He says a “heavy album” is in the works. Presumably involving Guy Ritter and possibly Luke Easter as well! So basically, it’s like a Tourniquet Alumni supergroup! If he could somehow tap back into some of the energy and style of his early days (like he demonstrated on Vainglorious), I know it could be great! Just please hire a real drummer.

http://dougvanpelt.wixsite.com/heavens-metal-mag
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

New Gary Lenaire interview @HM Empty Re: New Gary Lenaire interview @HM

Post by Airola Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:59 pm

"Back in the day, those non-heavy songs were supported by my direction…and so were the heavy ones! Keep in mind, some folks make percussive rhythms, but composers produce compositions. That’s why the first few (and widely preferred) records were actually composed, and not simply thrown together with gratuitous distortion and melodies that go nowhere."

Lol, am I reading too much into this or is there a heeeeaaaavy load of snark aimed at certain direction right there  : D

Great to see him interviewed after so long time though! I'd love to hear an audio interview too. From the first post I thought it was even shorter interview but it was a bit longer than I thought.

By the way, I just ordered another copy of his album a couple of days ago because I wanted an autographed version of it too and it was cheaper than it originally was. Yeah, I'm a sucker with an empty wallet! : D

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:41 pm

A little snark? He always has to get in a dig and it gets old.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:54 pm

I thought Doug Van Pelt sold HM?
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:36 pm

Superjuice wrote:I thought Doug Van Pelt sold HM?
 He did. But he restarted the original Heaven’s Metal as a separate entity from the horrible hipster version called HM.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:40 pm

Black Rider wrote:A little snark? He always has to get in a dig and it gets old.

At least he didn’t name names... And to be honest, none of us know to what extent the bad blood runs between Gary and Ted. 

Maybe they both said some hurtful things in private. All I know is that there is passive aggressive resentment.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:50 am

That passive-aggressiveness can be somewhat amusing while in one's teens...but two fifty-somethings going after each other, that's sad and terrible.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:53 am

TZ75 wrote:
Black Rider wrote:A little snark? He always has to get in a dig and it gets old.

At least he didn’t name names... And to be honest, none of us know to what extent the bad blood runs between Gary and Ted. 

Maybe they both said some hurtful things in private. All I know is that there is passive aggressive resentment.

Yeah, it might've been pretty bad. Even Luke and Gary had a fallout then.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:15 pm

Airola wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

I don’t think Gary and Luke had a fallout. Gary just left Tourniquet and Luke stayed with Ted. I think the only beef was between Gary and Ted over leadership and musical differences. I do believe the inception of the band started with Guy and Gary’s partnership and then when they met Ted he slowly took over leadership and the bulk of the songwriting. It happens all the time with a lot of bands.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:34 pm

TZ75 wrote:
Airola wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

I don’t think Gary and Luke had a fallout. Gary just left Tourniquet and Luke stayed with Ted. I think the only beef was between Gary and Ted over leadership and musical differences. I do believe the inception of the band started with Guy and Gary’s partnership and then when they met Ted he slowly took over leadership and the bulk of the songwriting. It happens all the time with a lot of bands.

"Gary I recently reconnected with. Things weren't great between us by the time he left the band, and it kind of went downhill from there for a while."
http://positiverockreview.blogspot.com/2018/08/interview-with-luke-easter-ex-tourniquet.html

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:39 pm

Airola wrote:
TZ75 wrote:
Airola wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

"Gary I recently reconnected with. Things weren't great between us by the time he left the band, and it kind of went downhill from there for a while."
http://positiverockreview.blogspot.com/2018/08/interview-with-luke-easter-ex-tourniquet.html

I wasn’t aware of that quote. Thanks for clarifying.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:03 pm

In that same interview, Luke said that he and Gary “were only on two songs together back in the day”...
What does he mean? They both did the Vanishing Lessons album together? That’s more than two songs.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:09 pm

I agree with Luke about how Tourniquet took a hit musically when Gary left. In general, Ted took the band to a slower “down tuned” modern direction. The band had a lot more speedy parts and faster guitar licks when Gary was involved.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:07 pm

TZ75 wrote:In that same interview, Luke said that he and Gary “were only on two songs together back in the day”...
What does he mean? They both did the Vanishing Lessons album together? That’s more than two songs.

They sang on only two songs together. Perfect Night for a Hanging and The Hand Trembler.
Vainglorious Hypocrisy is the third song they've done vocals in together.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:37 am

Airola wrote:
TZ75 wrote:In that same interview, Luke said that he and Gary “were only on two songs together back in the day”...

They sang on only two songs together. Perfect Night for a Hanging and The Hand Trembler.
Vainglorious Hypocrisy is the third song they've done vocals in together.

I didn’t know he was talking about vocals. But it makes sense now...
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down