The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stop The Bleeding new vinyl and cd reissue!

+9
Fundy
eatbugs
New Creation
TZ75
Black Rider
Ted Kirkpatrick
Airola
BaleMaster
Lex Metalis
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Stop The Bleeding new vinyl and cd reissue!  Empty Stop The Bleeding new vinyl and cd reissue!

Post by Lex Metalis Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:14 pm

Stop The Bleeding new vinyl and cd reissue!  92226232_10157973927213467_2310803056490446848_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=K3b7OR3XMtEAX-0U74P&_nc_ht=scontent.fitp1-1

P.S.: The cd will receive some unreleased TQT bonus tracks
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Stop The Bleeding new vinyl and cd reissue!  Empty Re: Stop The Bleeding new vinyl and cd reissue!

Post by BaleMaster Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:14 pm

Plus Pathogenic will soon be released on LP!  Metal 2

Now if Psychosurgery can receive the same treatment, whoa Nelly!
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Stop The Bleeding new vinyl and cd reissue!  Empty Re: Stop The Bleeding new vinyl and cd reissue!

Post by Lex Metalis Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:56 pm

BaleMaster wrote:Now if Psychosurgery can receive the same treatment, whoa Nelly!

Will happen too!
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:03 pm

LexMetalis wrote:P.S.: The cd will receive some unreleased TQT bonus tracks

Are you sure about that?

Ted said "CD will have previously unreleased bonus TOURNIQUET stuff..." on Facebook so technically it could mean the exclusive photos mentioned in the picture. The could be accessed by a computer.

Here's hoping for some live tracks though! Ted mentioned the album is about the era of the album release (early 90s) so if there are live tracks there's a good chance they are early live tracks with Guy! Over a decade ago Guy used to have some unreleased demos and audio on his website, so in a perfect world Ted has those too and has included some of them in the cd, or Ted or the dudes from Retroactive have been able to track Guy down and get those tapes from him.

Also a shout out to the inclusion of MARK LEWIS in that picture!

Oh darn, there goes my money again... well, we were supposed to take a trip to Italy at the end of this month but in the current world situation can't so the money saved from that trip can be used to buy these (but then again I have already spent most of them so... it's going to hurt my wallet a lot but I'm too excited about this to not jump in)

Airola
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted Kirkpatrick Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:48 pm

Live/demo tracks never before released - early 90's... I have many, many unreleased concerts on DVD - mostly transferred from VHS - from every era...

Glad you appreciate Mark's inclusion. He played a lot of the great guitar solos on Stop the Bleeding, as notated in the original 1990 CD release booklet within the lyrics. With this new release, we wanted to be sure he's again properly recognized for his awesome contribution. The record wouldn't have been the same without him!

Ted Kirkpatrick
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:09 pm

I almost forgot about him playing on that album, that is cool he's included here. Really want to hear the bonus stuff.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:43 pm

I already have the original Reissue, but since I love the first three Tourniquet albums so much, I don’t mind getting this. Especially if it has rare unreleased tracks with Guy! Will it be the same remaster as the first, or will it be redone by someone else? IMO, it could have used a bit more low end to balance the somewhat “trebly” production. 

I agree Mark Lewis did an outstanding job on his solos. He had a unique “tapping” style with a smooth fluidity. 

I also hope Ted will reissue another Psychosurgery deluxe edition CD. The other one has been sold out for quite some time. A new updated batch of Psychosurgery shirts to accompany the release would be excellent as well!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:38 pm

Ted Kirkpatrick wrote:Live/demo tracks never before released - early 90's...

Great news! Can't wait to hear some official live tracks with Guy Ritter on vocals!

I have many, many unreleased concerts on DVD - mostly transferred from VHS - from every era...

Shocked

Maybe a blu-ray release with many concerts spanning from the first Escondido show all the way up to the shows in Sweden and Norway last year?
Like a real retrospective Tourniquet live show release.
You could potentially fit tens of hours of stuff in blu-ray discs..
Maybe even include some rehearsal material too. The Besprinkled in Scarlet Horror rehearsal video on Youtube is great stuff, I've watched it maybe at least 20 times, and I assume you must have other material like that somewhere. Would love to see more of that..

Airola
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:47 pm

TZ75 wrote:A new updated batch of Psychosurgery shirts to accompany the release would be excellent as well!

You can get Psycho Surgery shirts right now!
Have you seen this:
https://shop.spreadshirt.com/tourniquetband/tourniquet+psycho+surgery-A5db0c605f9376420703c3ece?productType=210&sellable=zrVwODpkNJtpxow00r7o-210-7&appearance=2

I'm actually wearing mine right now! It's great!

Stop The Bleeding new vinyl and cd reissue!  Psycho10

Airola
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:55 am

Thanks for that link, dude! Lord willing, I'm going to pick up STB, PS, and POD black tees!  Very Happy
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:59 am

Actually, you can fit even more on a 4K Blu-ray disc. These discs are for more than just video quality (which we know none of the concerts would even match 4K resolution) but also for their storage capacity which is enormous.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:21 am

Airola wrote:
TZ75 wrote:A new updated batch of Psychosurgery shirts to accompany the release would be excellent as well!

You can get Psycho Surgery shirts right now!
Have you seen this:
https://shop.spreadshirt.com/tourniquetband/tourniquet+psycho+surgery-A5db0c605f9376420703c3ece?productType=210&sellable=zrVwODpkNJtpxow00r7o-210-7&appearance=2

I'm actually wearing mine right now! It's great!

Stop The Bleeding new vinyl and cd reissue!  Psycho10

Cool, thanks for the link!

The Psychosurgery picture is like a metal version of Journey’s Frontiers album cover.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:41 am

I’m disappointed the Pathogenic shirt doesn’t have the eye chart on the back.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:50 am

Stop The Bleeding new vinyl and cd reissue!  7933ed10
Stop The Bleeding new vinyl and cd reissue!  57f91e10
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:17 pm

...And now Psycho Surgery and Pathogenic too.  Time to finally replace my old Psycho Surgery cassette.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:42 pm

When are they going to say what tracks are on there?  I'm eager to see them!
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:56 pm

Fundy wrote:When are they going to say what tracks are on there?  I'm eager to see them!

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:57 pm

Been a Tourniquet fan for years and didn't even know Mark Lewis existed.  Guerra, Lenaire, Mendez were all I knew about...
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:08 pm

Superjuice wrote:Been a Tourniquet fan for years and didn't even know Mark Lewis existed.  Guerra, Lenaire, Mendez were all I knew about...

Well, the booklet from the first reissue have this info and a lot of other sites about music too...
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:56 pm

RRCD1542 TOURNIQUET - STOP THE BLEEDING (Metal Icon Series) 
Artist: Tourniquet
Title: Stop the Bleeding (Metal Icon Series)
Label:  Retroactive Records
Product ID: RRCD1542
UPC: 637405139761
Format: CD, jewel case, 16-page insert, lyrics/pics, exclusive bonus tracks, remastered
Release Date: June 26th, 2020

• First reissue featuring the original artwork

• Four bonus tracks never-before-heard, exclusive to this release

• Bonus material consistent with time period and early 90’s band line-ups

• Part of the exclusive Retroactive Record’s Metal Icon Series

• 16-page booklet with lyrics and many never-before-seen band pics

• 2020 write-up by band leader and founder, Ted Kirkpatrick

• 2020 write-up from Scott Waters, NoLifeTilMetal Graphics

• Produced by Metal Blade Records' Bill Metoyer

• Tourniquet has sold more than 300,000 albums

• All new 2020 remaster by Bombworks Sound, Rob Colwell

• #5 on CMR Top 100 Christian Metal Albums Of All Time 

• “Ark of Suffering” video voted favorite HM Magazine’s video of the year

ABOUT THE ALBUM
Few bands have hit the scene with a debut album that was a too-hot-handle bonafide instant classic from the moment it hit the stores. The CMR Top 100 Christian Metal Albums Of All-Time ranks this 1990 debut at #5 of ALL-TIME!  And, yes, it is that important and that good! Tourniquet formed in Los Angeles, CA in 1989. The band was founded by Ted Kirkpatrick, Guy Ritter, and Gary Lenaire. Stop the Bleeding is an intoxicating mixture of thrash, progressive, and neo-classical heavy metal that helped the band move light years beyond cliche’ and triviality.   The song "You Get What You Pray For" was the band's first single and charted quite well. It was a GMA Dove Award nominee for "Metal Recorded Song of the Year" in 1990. The band's groundbreaking and controversial video for "Ark of Suffering," written by drummer Ted Kirkpatrick, a true animal welfare advocate, contains disturbing footage of animals in laboratories and slaughterhouses - received airplay on MTV before the channel ceased airing it after complaints that it was too graphic. Despite MTV's ban, the video won the Christian News Forum Contemporary Christian Music Award for "Rock Video of the Year," and Heaven's Metal magazine readers voted it their "Favorite Video of the Year." Tourniquet has earned six GMA Dove Award nominations and won recognition globally from magazines such as Modern DrummerGuitar PlayerMetal Hammer, and HM Magazine, where Tourniquet was voted "Favorite Band of the 1990s" and won "Favorite Album of the 1990s." Tourniquet has sold more than 300,000 albums.

The 2020 reissue is reloaded with a 16-page insert with loads of never-before-seen band pics, and four exclusive bonus tracks never-before-released (two live tracks and two demo tracks). And, you also get an all-new 2020 remaster by Rob Colwell of Bombworks Sound which makes this is THE ultimate collector’s dream for deluxe reissues!   
Tracklist
1 The Test For Leprosy
2 Ready Or Not
3 Ark Of Suffering
4 Tears Of Korah
5 The Threshing Floor
6 You Get What You Pray For
7 Swarming Spirits
8 Whitewashed Tomb
9 Somnambulism
10 Harlot Widow And The Virgin Bride

STOP THE BLEEDING CD bonus tracks:
LIVE: The Test for Leprosy, Somnambulism, Whitewashed Tomb
DEMO: The Test for Leprosy

RRCD1543 TOURNIQUET - PSYCHO SURGERY (Metal Icon Series) 
Title: Psycho Surgery (Metal Icon Series)
Label:  Retroactive Records/Pathogenic Records
Product ID: RRCD1543
UPC: 637405139778
Format: CD, jewel case, 16-page insert, lyrics/pics, exclusive bonus tracks, remastered
|Release Date: June 26th, 2020

• 2020 write-up from Scott Waters, NoLifeTilMetal Graphics
    • Fresh remaster by Bombworks Sound, Rob Colwell
    • #2 on Heaven’s Metal Magazine’s Top 100 Christian Metal Albums of All Time
    • #18 on HM Magazine’s Top 100 Christian Rock Albums of All Time
    • #16 on CMR Top 100 Christian Metal Albums Of All Time

[*]HM Magazine voted Psycho Surgery their "Favorite Album of the Year" in 1991

ABOUT THE ALBUM
With Psycho Surgery, the band went in a more modern, experimental, and technical thrash-metal style, incorporating heavy doses of classical music-influenced guitar riffs, complex tempo changes, and virtuosic guitar solos. One reviewer described the album as "Slayer plays Beethoven...." Vocalist Guy Ritter also abandoned his King Diamond-like high-pitched falsetto in favor of a more melodic baritone register and the band went on to reach a level of popularity worthy of their excessive talent.  The title track is the closest thing the group has to a signature song. It opens with the dissonant sounds of an orchestra tuning, then introduces strangely growled vocals beneath a barrage of other sounds. Radical and abrupt time changes, dissonant harmonies, and a melodic vocal chorus all account for the song’s initially inaccessible but ultimately mesmerizing appeal. The allegorical lyrics about all sorts of medical practices seem to be about the process of developing a new heart and a new mind. Maybe it was best said by Heaven’s Metal reviewer, Chris Gotto, “A timeless slab of gut-wrenching metal, combining the best of technical riffs, progression, speed metal and love of classical music in a way that only these Christian thrash kings can.” The 2020 reissue is reloaded with a 16-page insert with loads of never-before-seen band pics, and four exclusive bonus tracks never-before-released (two live tracks and two demo tracks). And, you also get an all-new 2020 remaster by Rob Colwell of Bombworks Sound which makes this is THE ultimate collector’s dream for deluxe reissues!  

Tourniquet has earned six GMA Dove Award nominations and won recognition globally from magazines such as Modern DrummerGuitar PlayerMetal Hammer, and HM Magazine, where Tourniquet was voted "Favorite Band of the 1990s" and won "Favorite Album of the 1990s." Tourniquet has sold more than 300,000 albums.
Tracklist
1 Psycho Surgery
2 A Dog's Breakfast
3 Viento Borrascoso (Devastating Wind)
4 Vitals Fading
5 Spineless
6 Dysfunctional Domicile
7 Broken Chromosomes
8 Stereotaxic Atrocities
9 Officium Defunctorum

PSYCHO SURGERY CD bonus tracks:
LIVE: Broken Chromosomes, Spineless
DEMO: Psycho Surgery, Vitals Fading

RRCD1544 TOURNIQUET - PATHOGENIC OCULAR DISSONANCE (Metal Icon Series) 
Title: Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance (Metal Icon Series)
Label:  Retroactive Records
Product ID: RRCD1544
UPC: 637405139785
Release Date: June 26th, 2020

• Includes “The Tempter” (Trouble cover) that was included on the Metal Blade CD release

• Fresh remaster by Bombworks Sound, Rob Colwell

• #23 on Heaven’s Metal Magazine’s Top 100 Christian Metal Albums of All Time

• #11 on CMR Top 100 Christian Metal Albums Of All Time

With 1992’s Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance, Tourniquet continued to ascend in both critical acclaim and as artists. The band made it onto Heaven’s Metal Magazine’s Top 100 Christian Metal Albums of All Time for a third time in three albums.  Reviewer Chris Beck commented, “Arguably their best album, Tourniquet achieved near perfection from beginning to end with brutally heavy guitars and lyrics.” Musically, the album goes for a more aggressive thrash metal direction. The songs are complicated, technical and feature experiments with styles such as jazz, classical, and blues. The album introduced more Slayer-esque shouting vocal patterns by Gary Lenaire as well as a darker atmosphere. Guy Ritter sang less on the album than on previous Tourniquet albums. The 2020 reissue is reloaded with a 16-page insert with loads of never-before-seen band pics, and four exclusive bonus tracks never-before-released (two live tracks and two demo tracks). And, you also get an all-new 2020 remaster by Rob Colwell of Bombworks Sound which makes this is THE ultimate collector’s dream for deluxe reissues!  
Tourniquet has earned six GMA Dove Award nominations and won recognition globally from magazines such as Modern DrummerGuitar PlayerMetal Hammer, and HM Magazine, where Tourniquet was voted "Favorite Band of the 1990s" and won "Favorite Album of the 1990s." Tourniquet has sold more than 300,000 albums.

Tracklist
1 Impending Embolism
2 Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance
3 Phantom Limb
4 Ruminating Virulence
5 Spectrophobic Dementia
6 Gelatinous Tubercles Of Purulent Ossification
7 Incommensurate
8 Exoskeletons
9 Theodicy On Trial
10 Descent Into The Maelstrom
11 En Hakkore
12 The Skeezix Dilemma
13 The Tempter (Trouble cover)
Bonus Tracks:
Ruminating Virulence (demo instrumental version)
Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance (demo instrumental version)
Impending Embolism (demo instrumental version)
The Tempter
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:51 pm

It is done.  Preordered.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:35 pm

OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN!
Psycho Surgery and Vitals Fading demos!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't even tell how excited I'm about those! Definitely the biggest news for me!
Really excited to hear the live versions of Broken Chromosomes and Spineless too, if they really have Guy Ritter on vocals.

Oh man.... Those demos... Vitals Fading is one of my "underrated Tourniquet songs" favorites! And boy does it excite me to hear the AMAZING Psycho Surgery riffs as demo versions too!!

Too bad the POD demo tracks are just instrumentals as I would've loved to hear Guy on those too, but I'm still really excited about them too, and for some reason hearing the demo version of Impending Embolism excites me the most! That's the type of a bonus demo track that's really surprising and great for fans.
The demo for A Dog's Breakfast in the previous PS reissue was instrumental too and it was great to hear so I'm sure these will be great stuff too.

And it didn't even come to my mind that they would include The Tempter too even though that's an obvious choice! I've been thinking that I should also get the original version of POD with The Tempter on my collection, but now I can leave that thought aside for a while!
Would've been great to have a live version of that included too, with Guy on vocals! On Youtube there's a concert where they play the song with Guy and it's amazing.

The only thing that still "worries" me though is the wording on "bonus material consistent with time period and early 90’s band line-ups", which technically could also mean Luke Easter on the live tracks. Not that it's a bad thing but I'd really really love to hear Guy Ritter in all live tracks. But then again maybe POD not having any live tracks means they didn't go that far in time with the bonus tracks.
And there's also a chance for the live tracks being from live shows that are already on Youtube (which wouldn't really be that big of an issue either).
In any case they would still be early 90's stuff on official release so there's nothing to be really upset about.

Really excited to see the booklet with new pictures too!!
CAN'T WAIT!!!

Superjuice wrote:Been a Tourniquet fan for years and didn't even know Mark Lewis existed.  Guerra, Lenaire, Mendez were all I knew about...

Then it would be a surprise for you to also know that for a short period of time Michael Russo was their second guitarist. He is mentioned in as playing additional guitar on Vanishing Lessons in tracks Drowning Machine, Vanishing Lessons, Twilight and Sola Christus (he is called M. Russo in the liner notes). Both Ted and Gary have confirmed in Facebook that Michael Russo indeed was part of the band for a very short time. Not sure if he played only some solos or also rhythm guitars or both.

Also, as a bit more trivia, Erik Jan James who was only featured in the first release of Stop the Bleeding, was supposed to be their real bass player in the album. I had thought he was only brought in for a group shot to make Tourniquet look like a 5 piece band and that he really had nothing to do with the band apart from that, but according to Gary Lenaire on Facebook he was supposed to play the bass for real (probably not as a part of the band, but more in the vein of Mark Lewis who really wasn't part of the band either but played on the album). He didn't play well enough or he was hard to work with or both, so he didn't end up playing anything in the album, but he was presented as their bass player in the initial first release.

Airola
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:25 pm

Still not sure from which site I will be ordering them.
From Tourniquet's site the shipping cost will be $31.50 to Finland.
From Boone Overstock the shipping cost is $22.80 and I could pick some other CD and still get the same shipping cost.

So from Boone it will be almost 10 dollars cheaper for me and I could even get some other albums with the same shipping cost. But then again I couldn't have them signed by Ted... So the question is should I get much less expensive shipping costs with the possibility to get other cds or do I want to pay nearly 10 dollars more and have all of them signed by Ted...

Airola
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted Kirkpatrick Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:19 pm

All "singing" on the bonus tracks - except The Tempter - is by Guy. And to our knowledge - including YouTube - none of these bonus tracks have ever been available to the public in any format. Also - we adjusted (lowered) our foreign shipping after further checking rates and product weight... Very Happy

Ted Kirkpatrick
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:43 pm

Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up

Going to put order in tomorrow!
Really excited about the bonus stuff!

Airola
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next