The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WayMaker: new band from Christian Liljgren & Jani Stefanovic

+10
HenrikB
Pershing1134
Christian metal Horde
eatbugs
Frozen Fire
Staybrite
Black Rider
mothy
alldatndensum
Lex Metalis
14 posters

Go down

WayMaker: new band from Christian Liljgren & Jani Stefanovic Empty WayMaker: new band from Christian Liljgren & Jani Stefanovic

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:53 am

Today, Friday 13th, when the world is in chaos, the world needs a Waymaker. The new metal sensation from Sweden and Finland is here, featuring Christian Liljegren (Narnia, Audiovision, solo artist, ex-Divinefire, Golden Resurrection, etc.), Jani Stefanovic (Shakiah, Solution .45, The Weakening, Miseration, ex-Divinefire, Mehida, Essence of Sorrow, etc.), and Katja Stefanovic (solo artist).

The Waymaker was formed in summer of 2019 by vocalist Christian Liljegren (Narnia) & guitarist Jani Stefanovic (Solution .45 & Miseration). Jani & Christian were both involved in Divinefire, who did five studio albums between 2005-2011 and reached a huge popularity especially in Japan & South America.

The Waymaker line-up was completed when the talented and soulful Katja Stefanovic joined the band. Katja is a very talented vocalist and composer and she has done several solo albums in Finnish and English.

The band delivers bombastic Scandinavian melodic metal with virtuous guitar playing and powerful male & female vocals from all members, as Christian, Katja & Jani share lead vocal duties in The Waymaker.

All members have a long musical background and experiences from touring and recording worldwide, but one common goal have been to take the listener on a musical journey, where the music and the message is The Waymaker in this time.

We live in a chaotic world where it is hard to find peace and your place. The Waymaker wants to deliver music with a heavenly hope and guidance to as many as possible. If you listen to the music you hear influences from Yngwie Malmsteen’s Rising Force, Stratovarius, Masterplan & Kamelot.

It is always hard to break new ground but The Waymaker delivers Scandinavian melodic metal with a new twist! It is very powerful but still a dynamic production handled by Jani Stefanovic and Multi Grammy, Gold & Platinum Award winning Thomas Plec Johansson (Gathering of Kings, Soilwork, Nocturnal Rites, Divinefire and many more.)

On the debut album The Waymaker have recorded their version of Stryper’s classic metal song “Soldiers under command” from 1985 where you hear guitarwork from Jani Stefanovic and Narnia’s axeman CJ Grimmark. On the drums we find Alfred Fridhagen, a powerhouse metal drummer who has played in ReinXeed and Golden Resurrection.

The Waymaker debutalbum is a killer with no filler!

The band is very excited to meet the media and fans and of course to perform live worldwide. The Waymaker is here to stay and show the way of new exciting Scandinavian melodic metal for the people.

The album is planned for release in August 2020 through:
Sound Pollution in Europe, North America & Australia
King Records in Asia
Voice Music in Brazil
Icarus Music in Argentina

THE WAYMAKER:
Jani Stefanovic – Guitars, bass, keyboards & vocals
Katja Stefanovic – Lead & backing vocals
Christian Liljegren – Lead & backing vocals

Links:
Website https://thewaymakerband.com
Facebook =68.ARAOGxHKcdzXLJ_ZRIw61-de6YhSb9Ff6fw9WrJZe-9Zd0_C-pjm-W9cgNwImNj0fsKOOAomfjooQL5Vqs8hFhP9ix1IQ46WMGpps2vDsJJK7FH28bEIUnmOnF-Ywa4AJUh7lohRtQn8yl-bTMNdLhvsAOr_MuYuOdtauIU-s3fUUHbtAu-GPbHkRv3jADqOKyRV0SJhB9TYZbvlcNQzV66ohP52qGwrWJDP42DIAe3OGBkP9QCo-h84rgHZzuvdWtWRBLyp67n0o3EXUIZsCoJzqyuuxCfYrAh5Vsr5ewQq1Ix7Ii1HV0jbVM0KXm7P-zVag0377ig9p413FUkhjgo&__xts__[1]=68.ARCOY0y7YIfN7FgHOIJQmP7ZcDaPWeu0FTJqMPrXzBETKpWhEm8cqqKVQ2ZaDdJzx-r6ZerTUnZWc7hd-cwmxsv71cafFq6fHE7WyFGYxcibAcouE7osL-8aOAVZyZm11xirsnxK3hZ3igJ6qxUFL3GCumLFGYZWZbpOQIdAe4jfAPsw6Jsw4asMDZyfyeJheNbRcY5SiI_MyBFSx8OYFnLOkW_y0KYcu-YSgciVHScDZVJMkkm2BOBJCpAQ-ge1ITKgaBNlP2A1ctaekOIXPOxOlNUMkHKgUkuaiO1Gs6v6IfJHWFXPeHSW2sQuH3CXl1TkqJCJDm06BFadEjsNjno&__tn__=K-R&eid=ARDchnXJ1HiWu2LzWuwrRVmzlhaNZ_xot5EXFO1cbZke4MdIg-vz45hTmz8i-vr6uvf_gbe3enby3qVc&fref=mentions]https://facebook.com/thewaymakerband
Instagram https://instagram.com/thewaymakerband
Label https://melodicpassion.com
Pre-order https://preorder.melodicpassion.com

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

WayMaker: new band from Christian Liljgren & Jani Stefanovic Empty Re: WayMaker: new band from Christian Liljgren & Jani Stefanovic

Post by alldatndensum Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:04 am

While I don't really care for this brand of metal, this sounds amazing and I will probably get this when it is released.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

WayMaker: new band from Christian Liljgren & Jani Stefanovic Empty Re: WayMaker: new band from Christian Liljgren & Jani Stefanovic

Post by mothy Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:51 am

Im in a wait and see mode. His projects are always hit and miss with me. I wish their was more to that video too
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:13 pm

Sounds pretty good but I too want to hear more.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:20 pm

Sounds promising.  Looking forward to hearing more of it.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:24 pm

Making no apologies, I basically love everything these two do. Divinefire was amazing. These two back in any form is a welcome return. I will expect to get this.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:40 pm

I'm with Frozen Fire on this one.  I'm excited and hopeful for it.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian metal Horde Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:51 am

I am afraid this will be a blind buy, i love the combination of Stefanovic and Christian, that’s pure gold
Christian metal Horde
Christian metal Horde
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.instagram.com/christianmetalhorde?igsh=ZHl5ZzlqazUxa

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing1134 Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:45 pm

LexMetalis wrote:
...influences from Yngwie Malmsteen’s Rising Force, Stratovarius, Masterplan & Kamelot....
Say no more, I'm in!!
Pershing1134
Pershing1134
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by HenrikB Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:41 am

Intriguing
HenrikB
HenrikB
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:40 am

That sounded pretty good so far. Reminds me of Serenity at times, maybe also because of the inclusion of the female vocals. I'll be checking this out for sure.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:18 pm

I know I'm more than a week late in this thread, but,... I still Love Christians voice.  Looking forward to hearing more.....
L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:28 am

L8T wrote:I know I'm more than a week late in this thread, but,... I still Love Christians voice.  Looking forward to hearing more.....

Never late to good music bro haha. First single will came out late May/early June
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:42 am

First single came this friday...
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:30 am

This is quite good. Fans of Christian's past work won't be disappointed.

Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:18 am

Pretty good indeed, certainly an album to keep an eye on.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:51 am

Perfect. No surprises in this track but exactly what I hoped for just the same. The sampler video did little for me and I wondered if somehow it would be softer. Hearing a full track very much in the Divinefire mold is welcome. Excited to hear the diversity of the whole album but 100% a preorder for me.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:28 am

Frozen Fire wrote:Perfect. No surprises in this track but exactly what I hoped for just the same. The sampler video did little for me and I wondered if somehow it would be softer. Hearing a full track very much in the Divinefire mold is welcome. Excited to hear the diversity of the whole album but 100% a preorder for me.

My thoughts exactly!  I just wonder why they didn't make it a Divinefire album?

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:27 pm

Breathtaking song, definitely getting this.
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Lex Metalis likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:35 am

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down