The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metal Bible News - Newsletter #3

+4
Markus1987
Rockrz
Christian metal Horde
MetalForJesus
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Metal Bible News - Newsletter #3  Empty Metal Bible News - Newsletter #3

Post by MetalForJesus Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:36 pm

Here is the latest update about all the cool things GOD is doing with the Metal Bible!

I'm truly grateful and humbled to be a part of this Metal Mission! I give GOD all the glory for this is His work not mine. I am just a simple servant for our wonderful mighty God.

Metal Bible Newsletter #3
MetalForJesus
MetalForJesus
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.metalforjesus.org

Back to top Go down

Metal Bible News - Newsletter #3  Empty Re: Metal Bible News - Newsletter #3

Post by Christian metal Horde Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:53 pm

Great!
Christian metal Horde
Christian metal Horde
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.instagram.com/christianmetalhorde?igsh=ZHl5ZzlqazUxa

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockrz Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:04 am

So, how close is the "metal bible" to the original majority texts??
(Greek and Hebrew manuscripts)

Is it just going for cool sounding words, or for actually being accurate?
Rockrz
Rockrz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:01 am

Rockrz wrote:So, how close is the "metal bible" to the original majority texts??
(Greek and Hebrew manuscripts)

Is it just going for cool sounding words, or for actually being accurate?
In Metal Bible you have some testimonies from well-known musicians such as Nicko McBrain and Michael Sweet + the New Testament. The English Version uses the New Living Translation.

For example: " “For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life."
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockrz Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:07 am

Yeah, too many problems with the NLT changing and omitting thoughts from the original majority texts which is changing God's Word. (plenty of online comparisons for those that care to research)

I guess it's more of a novelty which can be cool to read testimonies.

Did they have testimonies from Dave from Megadeth and the guy from WASP ?
Rockrz
Rockrz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:02 pm

Rockrz not to cause a debate, but what Bible translation to you prefer? Apologist Frank Turek may shed some light on this issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcLYPqEXfqU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB18or8bJ10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-X1WqENdrc
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockrz Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:16 am

what Bible translation to you prefer?

The original Hebrew (Old Testament), and Greek (New Testament) taken from majority texts along with the Lord's own commentary found in His written Word not from corrupt seminaries that turn out theologians that teach man's wisdom in place of the Doctrine of Christ.

When they asked Jesus what shall be the the sign of His return and of the end of the age in the first part of Matthew 24... the very first thing that was the most important thing Jesus pointed out what deception! - He said let no man deceive you!... that was not a suggestion.

He said that many would come in His Name (those claiming to be Christians, not the known false religions like catholik, muzlum, etc) and they would deceive many!

This includes all the modern bible translations coming out that omit and change what God actually says leading to deception, especially the heresy of once saved always saved the John Calvin got from Augustine who introduced much false doctrine in the early days of Christianity and turned it in to catholik works based salvation not even taught in scripture leading to the dark ages almost totally destroying Christianity.

Bottom line in these last days is there is mass deception going on and sadly most that claim to be Christians have no clue because they don't accept the whole counsel of God and they don't study for themselves... they just believe what modern popular teachers say who are making merchandise of them lining their pockets with cash and living the rock star lifestyle drunk on popularity
Rockrz
Rockrz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:53 pm

Rockrz wrote:
what Bible translation to you prefer?

The original Hebrew (Old Testament), and Greek (New Testament) taken from majority texts along with the Lord's own commentary found in His written Word not from corrupt seminaries that turn out theologians that teach man's wisdom in place of the Doctrine of Christ.

When they asked Jesus what shall be the the sign of His return and of the end of the age in the first part of Matthew 24... the very first thing that was the most important thing Jesus pointed out what deception! - He said let no man deceive you!... that was not a suggestion.

He said that many would come in His Name (those claiming to be Christians, not the known false religions like catholik, muzlum, etc) and they would deceive many!

This includes all the modern bible translations coming out that omit and change what God actually says leading to deception, especially the heresy of once saved always saved the John Calvin got from Augustine who introduced much false doctrine in the early days of Christianity and turned it in to catholik works based salvation not even taught in scripture leading to the dark ages almost totally destroying Christianity.

Bottom line in these last days is there is mass deception going on and sadly most that claim to be Christians have no clue because they don't accept the whole counsel of God and they don't study for themselves... they just believe what modern popular teachers say who are making merchandise of them lining their pockets with cash and living the rock star lifestyle drunk on popularity

I can see you are going to make a lot of friends here.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockrz Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:14 pm

I can see you are going to make a lot of friends here.

Well, I'm called to put what God says first and foremost in my life not what man thinks or says so it's not a problem for me.

In the end, God will judge based on what He has said and I'm simply finding out what that is now, in this life rather than what many will do when they stand before the Lord and try to explain they never knew about the whole counsel of God as they are cast out.

This is kinda like telling the cop you had no idea the speed limit was 55 when he caught you doing 80 and he informs you that the speed limit is psted on signs along the road and there is no excuse for not knowing. Razz

The devil is in the details as they say...

No need to worry, I don't get in to long drawn out arguments about God's Word since it doesn't do any good anyway.  I typically say a few snippets here and there and if someone wants to actually have a discussion we can do that thru PM or by email.
Rockrz
Rockrz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:37 pm

Well I’m sure God is aware of the different translations. If the only people that are going to Heaven are the very few that have or understand Hebrew or Greek, Heaven will have a very small population!

I understand the frustration with the watering down or minor changes that are required for the modern English language... but is the message that is required for salvation intact? John 3:16.

There is no need for Pharisee elitism for a Christian. Some are called to be scholars, and some are everyday people that live simple lives.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockrz Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:14 pm

In Matthew 18:3 Jesus said unless one is converted and becomes as a little child (see Ephesians 5:1, and Romans 8:29), they will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven

This is the simple matter of finding out what the Lord actually teaches which cannot be done when modern translations are changing what the Lord says and omitting / adding to what the Lord says... and then walk in agreement with the Lord, dying to self and submitting one's life to Him as a little child.  Dear children believe what their Daddy tells them and they obey as their hearts desire is to please their Father. cheers

Everyone else can do what they want, but I've spent a lot of years digging in to God's Word because I must know all the things He has said.

And yes, sometimes people play the jealous card claiming I'm trying to do whatever cause the Lord leads me to share things the knocks some sacred cows in the head cause they know they should be spending time getting to know the Lord when they have not - that's on them, not me.  I learnt long ago not to feel guilty jus cause someone feels bad bout they own self and try to putt the guilt trip on me.

Like water off a ducks back!  I don't pay any attention to it.

Some of the most fun I've had is just me and the Lord studying all the great teachings He has placed in His Word and I just laugh at the devil when he tries to choke the Word outta me as Jesus said he'd try in Mark 4:13-21

If we hang with the Lord based on what He actually teaches in His Word rather than the wisdom of carnal man that is put forth as the Word of the Lord (satan's deception)... we can have some really good times.

And yes, it makes people upset cause sadly most Christians don't study for themselves.  They just believe whatever the guy up front says on Sunday morning as he talks for 20 minutes, you know after the smoke machines and the lazxer light show as they praise some god in the dark Shocked
Rockrz
Rockrz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:39 pm

The problem is that there are a lot of people just like you that all say they are closer to the lord than others because they do their special personal bible studies. But a lot of those people may disagree with you in some ways... so are you going to say their experience with God isn’t as authentic as yours? 

Back to my original question...
Is the basic salvation message of John 3:16 the same? Do I need to know every obscure Hebrew or Greek meaning for non essential things? Even some of the 12 disciples disagreed about things. St Paul even talked about his differences with some of the original disciples.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockrz Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:52 pm

It's the Lord's viewpoint that matters, and He created mankind to desire to be with Him, to want to be with Him rather than loving the things of this world which ends badly (1 John 2:15, James 4:4).

The fact of the matter is that, according to what God's Word teaches, many claim to be with Him but are not and in the end they are not accepted because they never died to self and allowed Jesus to be their first love.

We will all be judged by the Lord so rather than concerning myself with what others think... I'm going to put the Lord's viewpoint first in my life and all others can take a distant second.

Concerning John 3:16, it all depends on if one is going by the Lord's definition of "believe" or mankind's self serving definition of "believe"

If one does not seek they will not find, if one does not knock it shall not be opened unto them what God's definition of "believe" really means.  By grace we are saved thru faith so Faith without corresponding action is not saving faith (James 2:14-26). 

Some people's definition of "believe" is simply acknowledging God exists and nothing more and thus their belief is no different that the devil's belief (James 2:19)

So, it would be much better to learn about the Lord now and actually turn away from this world and live holy because without holiness no man shall see the Lord mentioned in Hebrews 12:14 which is directly related to 2 Corinthians 6:17

Now, those that read these in modern translations are not going to get what the Lord is saying cause it's been watered down by 'ol slewfoot, you know... Dio's buddy.
Rockrz
Rockrz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:01 pm

AMOG (Alpha male of the group) has entered the room: "Now, if you will turn with me to page number...and chapter...verses...

The fact is..."

I'm spell bound munching on popcorn and drinking coke.

Guys are funny.

Last edited by Dustofyears on Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:03 pm

Anyone that thinks “just believing God exists” for John 3:16 is a moron. It’s very obvious there is more to it! Like putting your trust in Christ and believing he died in your place on the cross. If simply just believing that God exists was all it took, then Christ would have essentially died for nothing!

To each their own... I have my discernment and I know if a teaching is sound. The Holy Spirit leads us. Head knowledge and words can get in the way sometimes.

Last edited by TZ75 on Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockrz Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:23 pm

Anyone that thinks “just believing God exists” for John 3:16 is pardon my French, a moron.

Well, don't laugh cause there's quite a few folks that take it to mean just that.

One way to know is that they claim to be Christians and to have been born again and there was and is no difference in their lives other than maybe acknowledging that something that is bad is actually bad.

As a young believer I had numerous experiences with those older than me who claimed to be knowledgeable in the things of the Lord and then they were engaged in sinful living which was my first clue that something was amiss.

I found out later that Jesus taught about the tares growing up among the wheat in that there are those amongst us that claim to be Christians but are not.

The Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ only leads those that submit themselves to Him, otherwise He would be forcing Himself upon people and the Lord is not going to spiritually rape anybody.  If he was going to force Himself on anybody, He's make everyone in the world get born again and actually walk with Him.

Besides, we can know the false holy spirit (devils masquerading as the Holy SDpirit) by the lack of leading based on God's Word.  Jesus said the Holy Spirit would lead us into all Truth and Jesus said God's Word is Truth.  Pretty simple actually to notice this, but those that don't know what's in God's Word won't know so those are ripe for deception.

It's always funny how people always pop up saying there's something wrong with taking God's Word seriously and either poke fun or put it down.  Darkness awaits...
Rockrz
Rockrz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:33 pm

I need to point out that God did force himself (in a sense) regarding Paul. Paul wanted nothing to do with Christ before his dramatic conversion while traveling on that road. God can and sometimes does intervene even if someone didn’t care.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockrz Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:39 pm

Paul was totally free to reject the Lord.  If he had refused to follow the Lord, he would have died that day.  We'll never know for sure because Paul obviously was smart enough to follow the Lord.

When God created us in His Image, that's when He gave us free will and he does not violate that even if it sends us to hell.  This is obvious, otherwise He would have stopped Adam and Eve from acting on the devil's deception thru the alternate interpretation of what God had said (twisting God's Word)

I think it's funny when the calvinists claim we have no free will apparently not seeing all the evidence throughout scripture than man does in deed have the ability to choose to accept the Lord or reject Him.

But, that's a whole different fun discussion where people go to great lengths to explain away simple truths found in God's Word.
Rockrz
Rockrz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:29 am

I don’t like getting caught up in debates like those. They tend to go in circles. I’ll leave it to those that like to argue.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockrz Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:38 am

On the other hand, it's good to have a discussion and to control one's self as to not get upset or made.

I've been on Christian theology boards on and off for about 20 years now and it took the first 10 to learn how to not get mad and then I started learning lots of stuff, primarily be learning to research God's Word.

Many times by working up my next reply and studying the Word I'd learn new stuff and that's where all the fun is.

We should never quit learning and growing and interacting with other believers is a part of that since we're supposed to be the Body of Christ.

Of course if one is a hand, they may think seeing things from the foot's point of view is goofy and discount it.

According to 1 Corinthians 12:4-21 there are different body parts but one Lord and it's His Body so the parts need each other and the Lord needs all His body parts to listen to Him.

True riches and wealth can only be found in God's Word!  All this world's wealth ain't even in the neighborhood with having a close, personal relationship with Jesus Christ.  Not even close.

Besides, John Calvin taught things that are in direct opposition to God's Word and it's easy to prove thru, God's Word.

It's just as easy to prove cathiolicism did not come from God's Word... I mean, Jesus never once said "you fellas gotta pray to my momma and get her to put in a good word for ya", nor did He ever say "My momma never sinned and she is equal with me in glory and power" Rolling Eyes

We should not be moved from the simplicity that is in Christ (2 Corinthians 11:3)
Rockrz
Rockrz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:52 am

I occasionally watch discussions and sometimes chime in if I feel compelled. But this one seems to be winding down as I have nothing more to contribute at the moment.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockrz Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:59 am

Yep, it's best to let the Lord speak and post quotes from His Book.

Best selling book of all time and will remain that way through eternity!
Rockrz
Rockrz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:44 am

MetalForJesus wrote:Here is the latest update about all the cool things GOD is doing with the Metal Bible!

I'm truly grateful and humbled to be a part of this Metal Mission! I give GOD all the glory for this is His work not mine. I am just a simple servant for our wonderful mighty God.

Metal Bible Newsletter #3
God is good. Great to read how God's word is going out to the Metal community. Very encouraging. Thanks for posting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:52 am

Rockrz wrote:Yeah, too many problems with the NLT changing and omitting thoughts from the original majority texts which is changing God's Word. (plenty of online comparisons for those that care to research)
There's a good conversation going on, my friends. I don't think that the different translations are changing the message. As I have studied the Word, I have found that the different translations have opened up the same Bible verses to me much more than reading just one of them. But all in all, I'm a simple man. I take what John 3:16 says and believe that Smile.
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:53 am

Rockrz wrote:Yep, it's best to let the Lord speak and post quotes from His Book.

Best selling book of all time and will remain that way through eternity!
Amen, brother
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next