The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ritual Servant - New Material

4 posters

Go down

Ritual Servant - New Material Empty Ritual Servant - New Material

Post by average joe Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:32 pm

I know they play mostly mid-tempo, but I wonder what it would sound like to hear them speed it up a little more often on the next one both musically and in the vocal delivery. They have such a cool sound, but imagine a few more uptempo spots and perhaps even an occasional growl or scream mixed in here and there to accent things and make their sound that much more dynamic. The lyrics are so bold, thoughtful, and cool! The first effort was really good. They have so much potential to really leave a permanent mark on the scene with other classic Christian thrash bands like Sacrament, Deliverance, and Seventh Angel, while hopefully leading the way for the NWOCTM!

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Ritual Servant - New Material Empty Re: Ritual Servant - New Material

Post by Black Rider Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:17 am

No growls or screams, I like the old school thrash vocals. Some speedy spots would be cool though.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:07 am

Dig the discernible vocals for sure. I was just thinking in terms of accentuating words at the end of lines, etc., to just give it more intensity/personality, etc. Even along the lines of how Hatfield adds gruff while still always maintaining discernibility. Or, a Mike Torone style scream/growl while, again, staying discernible. Just a little more dynamic approach. This and a little more speed seem to be the only thing lacking IMHO. Sometimes it just feels mid-paced with the vocals set even a notch below mid-paced. Not that the timing is necessarily off. Perhaps, it could just be optimized. Again, solid effort. Just thinking the sophomore effort could take it to the next level with some slight tweaks to the tempo in both the music and vocals. Just leaves me wanting it to pick up and go in spots. A little more variation and gruff is typically a good thing in thrash.

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:32 am

I agree with you 100%, average joe.   Tom Araya had some high-pitched screams on the first Slayer album that worked well.   Also would like to see more speed from R.S. on occasion.  Plus they need to smooth out some of those monotonous choruses, that ruined some songs for me.  Overall though I like their sound and their boldness and I think a good producer could really help them bring forth their best work yet.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:51 am

Well said. Couldn’t agree more!

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:22 pm

Ok, I misunderstood, I think what you're saying might work.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:13 pm

I love the band as is. Wouldn't change a thing.

I hope the guitar solos are just as amazing next time! They were played by a studio musician but they were incredible!
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down