The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kind of odd that no one posted here about all of the special edition vinyls launched this weekend

+3
MikeInFla
Ammocas
Temple of Blood
7 posters

Go down

Kind of odd that no one posted here about all of the special edition vinyls launched this weekend Empty Kind of odd that no one posted here about all of the special edition vinyls launched this weekend

Post by Guest Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:28 pm

I don't collect vinyl (and I don't collect most of the bands they are talking about) but apparently several labels teamed up to release a bunch of limited edition vinyls this past weekend.

https://limitedrunvinyl.com/?fbclid=IwAR0YtyhRlPbboJv7HZbZq6E8usjBv5j-hhV869n5H2FfxsVaIxhWueZrrzg   

Meet Ben 

Ben always waits 'til later. Ben thinks it's ok to wait 'cause he will get a better deal. The problem is that Ben always misses out and wonders why he didn't take action. So, the moral of the story is don't be like Ben. Get that new iPhone next month, vinyl on Amazon will still be there, moving out of your mom’s basement can wait, or heck - cash in your wife's 401k (we won't tell!). Do whatever it takes because these Limited Run vinyl that we are getting ready to show you below are going to sell out, and when they are gone, good luck finding a copy.

Wait... keep reading... It'll all make since.

* * * What Is Limited Run Vinyl? * * *

IT'S AN ALLIANCE LIKE NO OTHER!

Roxx, Boones Overstock, NoLifeTilMetal and Girder Music have teamed up to bring you very exclusive limited run vinyl. Limited Run Vinyl is short run vinyl that are limited to just 100 or 200 copies. All Limited Run Vinyl are pressed in a cool random color. They are all 180 Gram, poly-lined black inner sleeves, completely remastered for vinyl and come with RipStream. We are starting with 6 titles and they have to all be purchased at the particular sites.

Girder Music is releasing Magdallan - Big Bang and Angelica
Boone's is releasing Bride - Silence is Madness and Antestor - Omen
Roxx is releasing Vengeance Rising - Released Upon the Earth and Ritual Servant
There is more coming but for now this is enough to sink your teeth into... but act fast.
The buttons on the site will take you there so just click on the link at the top

Each pressing is limited to just 100 or 200 copies max never to be re-pressed again. They are 180 Gram and come with a high quality black poly-lined sleeve as well as a free RipStream digital download. These are truly limited and will run out fast. You'll want to get in on these early. Some of these will sell out within 24-48 hours.

WHAT IS ECO-MIX?
Eco-Mix is a specialty random colored vinyl. They could be ANY color, as well as mixed or swirled. We do not know what color they will turn out to be. The mock you see here is from a previous eco-mix pressing. They are environmentally safe and ridiculously cool.

WHERE CAN I BUY THEM?
Simply click on any of the pre-orders buttons here and you'll be taken right to the order page. You'll be redirected to Girder, Roxx, NoLifeTilMetal or Boones website.

REMASTERED FOR VINYL
When music is remastered for vinyl it simply means that we are not trying to make it as loud as possible. Quite the opposite. We are allowing these releases to breathe and have the dynamics that were intended on the original recordings. We enhance the sound with more modern EQ techniques and letting the music speak.

IS THERE MORE COMING SOON?

Yes. We will be adding more soon, so keep checking back.

Back to top Go down

Kind of odd that no one posted here about all of the special edition vinyls launched this weekend Empty Re: Kind of odd that no one posted here about all of the special edition vinyls launched this weekend

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:54 pm

Very cool!
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Kind of odd that no one posted here about all of the special edition vinyls launched this weekend Empty Re: Kind of odd that no one posted here about all of the special edition vinyls launched this weekend

Post by Ammocas Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:24 pm

I had to pick up Ritual Servant and Bride was a no brainer because the originals are pricey and hard to find. Also, Vengeance Rising because it was never released on vinyl.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:13 am

Yeah I saw these and posted them to the Firestream Vault. Cool stuff!
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:54 am

I bought Bride and VR.  Would have got Ritual Servant too but that album cover art makes me cringe.  I just can't buy albums if I don't like the art.

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:44 pm

strangerhoncho wrote:Would have got Ritual Servant too but that album cover art makes me cringe.  

Why?
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:25 am

The proportions are just wrong.  It's a bad painting (although I do like the artist's other work I've seen).  I'm an art/illustration snob.  I also don't like the colors and am not particularly fond of representations of Jesus.  Especially on thrash album covers.  Overall it just doesn't fit the music at all.  Looks like it should be a keyboard-driven prog album from the 70s or something.

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:45 am

strangerhoncho wrote:The proportions are just wrong.  It's a bad painting (although I do like the artist's other work I've seen).  I'm an art/illustration snob.  I also don't like the colors and am not particularly fond of representations of Jesus.  Especially on thrash album covers.  Overall it just doesn't fit the music at all.  Looks like it should be a keyboard-driven prog album from the 70s or something.

I see.  I thought it was different and provocative, and fitting for a band dubbed "Ritual Servant".  Thanks for your explanation.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:23 pm

Different strokes.  I wish I liked it, because I would have loved to buy it!  I feel the same about the GROMS reissue.  Was so excited, then I saw the cover art and was crushed because it's like an elementary school kid's drawing.  I can't look at that in my house.  I get that it's the "original" demo art, but it's terrible.  These record companies need some art directors, or at least have fans vote on art first.

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:42 pm

I think the Ritual Servant artwork has a certain charm to it and I actually like the odd usage of colors.  From an artistic standpoint, I like it.

But Honcho, I'm with you on the depictions of Jesus thing...  The Second Commandment has been something I've been passively wrestling with for the past few years.  While I'm not yet fully convinced it's necessarily sinful to attempt to depict any member of the Trinity, it surely isn't wise or beneficial in any way - and can least lead towards the temptation to break the Second Commandment (consciously or not).

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by grandeped Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:46 pm

Does anyone know what Girder is going to do for the Magdallen release? The album is 57 minutes long, but a single vinyl disc won't hold that much. I asked around, but all I could get was that a double vinyl would be too expensive. So I guess they are dropping songs? I just want to know because I don't buy vinyl if there are songs missing, even if it a top vinyl want like Big Bang.

grandeped
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:13 pm

I'm not a fan of the "Don't be like Ben" marketing campaign at all!  I rarely buy vinyl.  It has to be something really special to me.  There are a couple, such as the Bride "Silence Is Madness" and Shout "In Your Face" that I would love to have, but my gripe is the random color thing.  Apparently, the color(s) or any variation thereof can be any color at all regardless if it has anything to do with the ones represented on the actual album cover or layout.  Personally, I prefer the vinyl color to reflect at least one aspect of the original artwork.  Imagine getting Silence Is Madness in hot pink or orange!  The problem is, these ads featuring mock-ups of the album covers and the vinyl colors are very misleading if they are indeed random!  For example, there is a lime green vinyl pictured by the Deliverance "Stay Of Execution" reissue which would work with that album art, but since you could get ANY color, why represent it falsely like that?  Why not just put a question mark instead of a color?  Most will assume (wrongly) that this is the color it will be or similar anyway to the artwork.  One positive is that they are supposed to be 180 gram vinyl.  I'm not really biting though until I see what these random colors look like in a real pic.  So if that makes me a Ben, then so be it!

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:20 pm

Nada wrote:I'm not a fan of the "Don't be like Ben" marketing campaign at all!  I rarely buy vinyl.  It has to be something really special to me.  There are a couple, such as the Bride "Silence Is Madness" and Shout "In Your Face" that I would love to have, but my gripe is the random color thing.  Apparently, the color(s) or any variation thereof can be any color at all regardless if it has anything to do with the ones represented on the actual album cover or layout.  Personally, I prefer the vinyl color to reflect at least one aspect of the original artwork.  Imagine getting Silence Is Madness in hot pink or orange!  The problem is, these ads featuring mock-ups of the album covers and the vinyl colors are very misleading if they are indeed random!  For example, there is a lime green vinyl pictured by the Deliverance "Stay Of Execution" reissue which would work with that album art, but since you could get ANY color, why represent it falsely like that?  Why not just put a question mark instead of a color?  Most will assume (wrongly) that this is the color it will be or similar anyway to the artwork.  One positive is that they are supposed to be 180 gram vinyl.  I'm not really biting though until I see what these random colors look like in a real pic.  So if that makes me a Ben, then so be it!
Agreed, I want to know what color I am getting. And the prices are even more than a regular vinyl re-issue (I assume because fewer are pressed). I'm a huge vinyl fan. In fact I play the vinyl format more than any other but I am not paying 34.99 for a record. When I bought the orange RECON record I think it was 24.99 and that was pretty fair. And since they are random colors there could be a chance you get black! Colored records are a novelty they do not cost any more to press than black vinyl. 

When I bought "In The Battle" I knew exactly what I was getting and it was $24 including shipping. Not to mention it sounds awesome!

Kind of odd that no one posted here about all of the special edition vinyls launched this weekend Album_15019_cover_1
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:04 pm

Another gripe with this whole Limited Run Vinyl nonsense is the shipping price.  Initially, it wasn't mentioned anywhere that the $1.99 shipping price was to last for only three days.  So you're under the impression that "Hey, the vinyl is a little pricey, but at least the shipping price is a slight offset!"  Now, all of a sudden, the $1.99 shipping price only lasts three days!  Sort of like a bait and switch thing there.  I understand that these are tactics used to sell a product, plain and simple.  Still, however, one cannot help that feeling of being held over a barrel, Christian Metal Mafia Style with this!  That's what my wife dubbed this Limited Run Vinyl alliance.  "Sounds like the Christian Metal Mafia!".  Most seem to be complaining that these reissues are coming out faster than their wallets can keep up with and sure, we all want those relics from our past dressed up in a shiny new outfit and sounding better than ever, but come on Christian Metal Mafia, stop fleecing the flock!  Put that question mark where you have colors represented that you already have stated are NOT guaranteed to be the actual color.  Give us a break on shipping for Ben's sake!  That's all!

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:02 pm

Run a distro yourself and show us all how it's done.

"mafia" .... that is completely laughable.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:28 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:Run a distro yourself and show us all how it's done.

I think someone woke up in a grumpy mood, didn'tcha little fella?

Seriously though....you know what they say about opinions right?  Everybody's got one.

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:57 pm

They are releasing a ton at the same time and that can get pricey. Would be nice if they spread them out a little bit.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:39 am

Nada wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:Run a distro yourself and show us all how it's done.

I think someone woke up in a grumpy mood, didn'tcha little fella?

Seriously though....you know what they say about opinions right?  Everybody's got one.

Says the guy who just made two decent-sized rants about his opinions on vinyl color and marketing styles...   Rolling Eyes Wink

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by grandeped Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:44 am

I will never understand people that go around policing feedback on company product offerings. How else are companies supposed to know if we liked their product or not if we don't discuss it in the open like this?

It is just silly to tell people to do it themselves - we are the customers, and we should say whether we like an idea or not. Ultimately, it will help the labels know what is working, and if it is not working - it can give them an idea of why not.

For me, I don't really mind the random color thing since they say that in bold letters all over the order form. Lots of my vinyl are a color that doesn't match the artwork, and that was when people actually chose that color. I don't see it as something that matters either way, but I get where some prefer them to match.

grandeped
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:18 pm

Thanks grandeped.  I wholeheartedly agree!  This a small scene we're all a part of and what few labels there are should be open to taking some feedback as well as some constructive criticism from time to time!  My rants were largely in jest with the Christian Metal Mafia thing, so lighten up anyone who may have gotten their knickers in a bunch! 

Oh, and Kerrick, I was referring to MY OWN opinions.....geez man, lighten up for Ben's sake!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:34 pm

Oh gotcha; I thought you were referring to TOP.  Carry on!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:49 pm

Nada wrote:I'm not a fan of the "Don't be like Ben" marketing campaign at all!  

Yeah, I have to admit, I find the "Ben" campaign extremely annoying

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:56 am

Bought4Life wrote:

uh...yep
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:16 pm

crucifyd wrote:
Bought4Life wrote:

uh...yep
Uh-huh...I definitely agree! Although I was almost tempted to buy the lousy shirt because I have a pain in the butt brother in law named Ben! Hah! Would’ve made a great Christmas present for only $10!
But yeah, I don’t care for their ridiculous marketing gimmicks... I’m gonna buy what I want if I need or like it for my collection...regardless of their t shirts, stickers, buttons ....etc.
That being said, it’s a good thing that some of this music is being made available on vinyl for the first time ever...I hope they mean what they say when they say “never to be released on vinyl again,” but I’m sure there will be a way around that in the future. Only time will tell or the “Vengeance will be Rising”....lol!
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down