The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

METALLUM EVANGELII - first look!

+5
Frozen Fire
mothy
Kerrick
average joe
Ritual Servant
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

METALLUM EVANGELII - first look! - Page 2 Empty Re: METALLUM EVANGELII - first look!

Post by mothy Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:52 pm

The digital released early. Love the remastering of the older songs and the new material is killer. Fav song so far is Dying to Self!

mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

METALLUM EVANGELII - first look! - Page 2 Empty Re: METALLUM EVANGELII - first look!

Post by Livna Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:18 am

Will this be on iTunes?
Livna
Livna
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

METALLUM EVANGELII - first look! - Page 2 Empty yes

Post by Ritual Servant Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:25 pm

yes - it will be available on ALL digital outlets tomorrow!
all glory to God
thank you again for the support of His Kingdom!
Ritual Servant
Ritual Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.ritualservant.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:04 am

It has such an incredible Slayer/Devastation vibe

Devastation vibe? Wow!

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:30 am

average joe wrote:

Devastation vibe? Wow!

I think it's the mix of groove and tight speedy riffing on Amidst The Wolves that got me thinking that way. The vocals have more of a snarl on that song as well. It's not far off from Souls of Sacrifice on "Idolatry" in that sense. The rest of the album doesn't match up with that.

Honestly, I get a different vibe from many songs on this album. It's far more diverse than my initial impression. Listening to Ten Lepers a few days ago I was surprised at the real traditional metal feel it has. It caps that diverse feeling since it closes the album with something we haven't heard throughout the rest.

This is still getting better.

Lyrically it's a praise to God to have the spiritual truths about these different stories brought out. I grew up in church hearing children's stories about Samson being a strong man (looking like a body-builder) who killed a lion or how he was a fool for giving away his Nazarite vow to his wife but never once heard a story about the spiritual value of him giving his life (Dying to Self) to save his people from their oppression. Thoroughly enjoying that! Killer song too!
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:38 pm

It's not as riffy as devastation but it has a good heavy sound and good solos.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ritual Servant Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:07 pm

Frozen Fire wrote:
average joe wrote:

Devastation vibe? Wow!

I think it's the mix of groove and tight speedy riffing on Amidst The Wolves that got me thinking that way. The vocals have more of a snarl on that song as well. It's not far off from Souls of Sacrifice on "Idolatry" in that sense. The rest of the album doesn't match up with that.

Honestly, I get a different vibe from many songs on this album. It's far more diverse than my initial impression. Listening to Ten Lepers a few days ago I was surprised at the real traditional metal feel it has. It caps that diverse feeling since it closes the album with something we haven't heard throughout the rest.

Lyrically it's a praise to God to have the spiritual truths about these different stories brought out. I grew up in church hearing children's stories about Samson being a strong man (looking like a body-builder) who killed a lion or how he was a fool for giving away his Nazarite vow to his wife but never once heard a story about the spiritual value of him giving his life (Dying to Self) to save his people from their oppression. Thoroughly enjoying that! Killer song too!

thanks Frozen Fire
each song theme was sent to me directly by the Holy Spirit - when I (patrick) wrote each one, I studied the scripture and really delved 
into the deeper meaning of each character or event it was based on - I prayed that God would give me wisdom and discernment in delivering each song in its most accurate lyrical form - as in Dying to Self - the story of Samson - so many of us miss and are misled, including myself - growing up as a little child, I only learned about how Samson had great strength and his hair was his weakness - truth be told PRIDE was his biggest weakness as he was anointed by God from birth as one of the judges that was supposed to deliver the people from the Philistines - pride got in his way his entire life as well as the amorous desire for the flesh until he was on his knees, humbled before the Father, blinded, but really his eyes became open in the prison - thank you for your keen observing of the lyrics
and may God bless you through this record even more in abundance! - all glory to our Father in Heaven
Ritual Servant
Ritual Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:43 pm

Good stuff!

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:52 pm

Ritual Servant wrote:
Frozen Fire wrote:
average joe wrote:

Devastation vibe? Wow!

thanks Frozen Fire
each song theme was sent to me directly by the Holy Spirit - when I (patrick) wrote each one, I studied the scripture and really delved 
into the deeper meaning of each character or event it was based on - I prayed that God would give me wisdom and discernment in delivering each song in its most accurate lyrical form - as in Dying to Self - the story of Samson - so many of us miss and are misled, including myself - growing up as a little child, I only learned about how Samson had great strength and his hair was his weakness - truth be told PRIDE was his biggest weakness as he was anointed by God from birth as one of the judges that was supposed to deliver the people from the Philistines - pride got in his way his entire life as well as the amorous desire for the flesh until he was on his knees, humbled before the Father, blinded, but really his eyes became open in the prison - thank you for your keen observing of the lyrics
and may God bless you through this record even more in abundance! - all glory to our Father in Heaven

Well there are a few reasons for those observations. First we both mentioned children's Bible stories growing up and how they are presented. Second, I came to Christ at 30 after being self-deceived for my whole life and realized there was far more to God and His Word than I'd been told and have great concern to make that more widely known. That brings me to the third point, I have 3 small children and am a bi-vocational pastor (I teach 7th Grade Science and run Fellowship of Christian Students at our public middle school) and am aware and concerned that my children and my students don't hear it that way either in our family Bible readings and our club meetings.

So, when my 6 and 4yr olds are listening to Christian music (the little one is 2 and just headbangs Very Happy ) I try to explain the themes of the songs to them and when a song is about Samson or Shadrach, Meschach and Abed-Nego it will capture their interest and I talk through it. So, I'm currently teaching gospel truths to my kids with thrash metal.  Laughing

Thanks for the lesson plans!
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

METALLUM EVANGELII - first look! - Page 2 Empty #7 !!!

Post by Ritual Servant Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:11 pm

#7 on the LOUD charts this week - all glory to our King

METALLUM EVANGELII - first look! - Page 2 Loud10
Ritual Servant
Ritual Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2