The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One of the cool things about Discogs..being able to see what Cliffy / J Powell has been up to :)

5 posters

Go down

One of the cool things about Discogs..being able to see what Cliffy / J Powell has been up to :) Empty Re: One of the cool things about Discogs..being able to see what Cliffy / J Powell has been up to :)

Post by MikeInFla Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:45 pm

I love discogs, I am on there look for me
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

One of the cool things about Discogs..being able to see what Cliffy / J Powell has been up to :) Empty Re: One of the cool things about Discogs..being able to see what Cliffy / J Powell has been up to :)

Post by MikeInFla Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:47 pm

Interesting that he worked on a Janis Joplin & Hall & Oates releases, that's cool!
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:17 pm

He's also worked on a Pentatonix album.  Who knew?

I miss him working on a lot of the remasters.  He seemed to capture the feel of the original while boosting to more modern sounds.  Some of the new stuff is just maxed out and almost sounds muddy due to the loudness of the bass and bass drum.  I wish Retroactive and Roxx would go back to using him.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:47 pm

alldatndensum wrote:He's also worked on a Pentatonix album.  Who knew?

I miss him working on a lot of the remasters.  He seemed to capture the feel of the original while boosting to more modern sounds.  Some of the new stuff is just maxed out and almost sounds muddy due to the loudness of the bass and bass drum.  I wish Retroactive and Roxx would go back to using him.

Didn't they end up going with Bombworks because they were cheaper than Cliffy? I think that's why they haven't used him lately.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:32 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:He's also worked on a Pentatonix album.  Who knew?

Didn't they end up going with Bombworks because they were cheaper than Cliffy? I think that's why they haven't used him lately.

Bombworks is owned by Matt, who owns Retroactive.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:42 pm

Bump

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by wintersdawn Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:31 am

Please don't bump this thread again, I remember years ago with Cliffy and never encountered such a big headed individual in all my life.  His posts were along the lines of 'I remastered this, its so great, I'm the greatest at remastering, my sh*t doesn't stink'

Let it go, let it die. Seek the humble and leave this **** behind.

wintersdawn
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:26 am

Totally relevant follow up to the LS remaster question. Just ignore if desired. Nobody is forcing you to read anything here.

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down