The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloodgood Detonation 2019 Reissue

+11
strype53
eatbugs
crucifyd
Follower of Jesus
alldatndensum
Soldier777
mothy
Lex Metalis
MikeInFla
Pershing1134
Bill Roxx
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bloodgood Detonation 2019 Reissue - Page 2 Empty Re: Bloodgood Detonation 2019 Reissue

Post by crucifyd Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:40 pm

Truly, for me, all these reissues, and often reissues that have already been reissued, etc etc are getting old now...it's such a glut...

I haven't bought every reissue but I have bought ALOT of them, as I have been in the buy everything that comes out camp a few times in life, and I just can't even hear the difference most of the time, other than it is LOUDER, which I can't stand (loudness wars?).

The only reissue that I recall noticing a difference on is the Unreleased First Mix of Human Sacrifice. Actually really loved that one. Otherwise, meh...
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Bloodgood Detonation 2019 Reissue - Page 2 Empty Re: Bloodgood Detonation 2019 Reissue

Post by MikeInFla Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:59 am

crucifyd wrote:Truly, for me, all these reissues, and often reissues that have already been reissued, etc etc are getting old now...it's such a glut...

I haven't bought every reissue but I have bought ALOT of them, as I have been in the buy everything that comes out camp a few times in life, and I just can't even hear the difference most of the time, other than it is LOUDER, which I can't stand (loudness wars?).

The only reissue that I recall noticing a difference on is the Unreleased First Mix of Human Sacrifice. Actually really loved that one. Otherwise, meh...

Same here, I am all for supporting our favorite classic bands but I don't buy all of them, only the ones I missed the first time around or those that are in desperate need of a remaster. Honestly I thought the IMR Detonation had terrible packaging, lyrics were too small and the background colors inside the booklet made it hard to read anything. That one was definitely amateurish packaging, as were all the IMR releases. This remaster has got to be an improvement over the last but as Alldat said I just don't feel like buying it again. Bought it on cassette then IMR so twice is enough unless this blows that one out of the water.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:29 am

That is what I loved about Cliffy's remasters.  He could bring up the volume to a more modern level without sacrificing clarity.  I am doing a lot of older material myself and am trying to do the same thing.  When it gets too loud, the guitars are less prominent, the vocals sometimes get covered, and the mix becomes muddy because you boosted everything so much that all you hear is bass/bass drum.  I can listen to pop radio if I wanted that.

I redid the two CD-R releases of the band L.O.U.D. a few months back but hadn't really listened to them.  I boosted them so much that I ruined them.  So, I went back in and redid the first one.  I brought up the volume but went after something that had more overall punch to keep the guitars and vocals bright.  I could have maxed everything out, but I chose a more subtle level that works.  BOOM!  Found the sweet spot!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:52 pm

Did anyone else get the below statement from Boones Overstock? The Detonation reissue is just a single sheet insert with 2 sides. However, on the ROXX website it says there is a 2 panel pullout Detonation mini poster. Now I'm confused.

Yes, we owe you an explanation.  Last Saturday we sent you an e-mail bragging about the upcoming band released CD reissue of BLOODGOOD - DETONATION (Special Edition), as well the the BLOODGOOD debut CD reissue by Retroactive Records in April.  We even gave you a link to pre-order the DETONATION CD....and now you can't find it.....gone....poof....many of you must be wondering, "What is going on????" 

Well, you cannot find the pre-order for the Detonation CD because we value quality at Boone's Overstock and Retroactive Records.  And, when we buy deep (which we were going to do with the Detonation release) we insist on a quality product for you, our treasured customers.  And, it was after the e-mail we sent out that we discovered the Detonation reissue would be a two panel insert (that's one sqaure insert that does not fold - just flip it from side to side), and the artwork layout was amateurish at best.

We LOVE BLOODGOOD and the guys, but that's not how we roll, and we didn't want to interefere with the band's goals for the release, so we backed out and took the CD off of our website.  We are planning to fulfill any CD orders that have come in already.   

The Self-Titled CD reissue by Bloodgood is still a go and you will get an opportunity to pre-order that very soon!  Pre-orders will get an exclusive Bloodgood round pin!, and it will be a 12 panel booklet with band photos, lyrics, and digitally remastered by Rob Colwell of Bombworks Sound.  We decided not to include bonus tracks because the two that were offered to us were from DETONATION (live tracks) and we wanted to keep the intengrity of the CD in tact, and make the magic (extreme magic) of the original issue shine brighter than ever before - and we are 100% confident of that!

Thank you for understanding - and we encourage you to support Bloodgood and their releases (every single one is AMAZING and the guys are even better human beings!) - but we also thought you had a right to know the truth.  You can order the Detonation CD direct from the Bloodgood website and support their band and minstry efforts (which we encourage you to do!).

Changing the subject - also be watching for SACRED WARRIOR - OBSESSIONS + WICKED GENERATION + REBELLION CD reissues in the weeks ahead!  Yes, all will get the deluxe Retroactive Records treatment - remastered by the amazing J Powell of Steinhaus! 

Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:06 pm

Yeah, that was the issue I was alluding to earlier.

Greg over at Girder had responded to my query about what happened to the pre order link at Girder, and he stated the same reasons.

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:31 pm

Sign me up for the Sacred Warrior stuff! Hopefully all this works out for the consumer.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:33 pm

Do you buy a CD for the packaging? I wouldn’t buy it all if I could just download it. Frankly, I think it’s ridiculous to not sell this album because the packaging is lacking. Who cares? You buy it to LISTEN to it over and over, not sit and read the packaging over and over. Oh well, their loss.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:43 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:Do you buy a CD for the packaging? I wouldn’t buy it all if I could just download it. Frankly, I think it’s ridiculous to not sell this album because the packaging is lacking. Who cares? You buy it to LISTEN to it over and over, not sit and read the packaging over and over. Oh well, their loss.

Well, those 2 have been in the business for a long time, and they know more about what their customers look for in a release than you or I do, so I'll defer to them on how to run their business.

Like I said, personally I was going to still buy it, but I understand their point of view.

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:34 pm

alldatndensum wrote:That is what I loved about Cliffy's remasters.  He could bring up the volume to a more modern level without sacrificing clarity.

I redid the two CD-R releases of the band L.O.U.D.

I brought up the volume

do you mean that Cliffy raises the volume without any clipping?

also, serious question, not meaning it in a snarky way. why would you want to remaster to "make it louder"? is that literally all it is is turning up the volume on the music? isn't that why the stereo/device/whatever has a volume function?
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:59 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:Do you buy a CD for the packaging? I wouldn’t buy it all if I could just download it. Frankly, I think it’s ridiculous to not sell this album because the packaging is lacking. Who cares? You buy it to LISTEN to it over and over, not sit and read the packaging over and over. Oh well, their loss.

Yes.  This is a big part of why I still buy physical media.  I want lyrics, liner notes, and good artwork.  CDs with minimal packaging or worse just a cardboard sleeve.  No, I don't read it every time I listen to it, but when I want it I want it.  I also have many CD inserts autographed at concerts.  It's a lot harder to autograph an iPod (although one of the guys from For Today says he did that once).  Someone who buys a CD wants this stuff.  And yes, you should be able to buy it digitally for a lower price.  Just like vinyl lovers are generally willing to pay more for their strange-colored records, I am willing to pay slightly more than your digital copy for a physical CD, but I want all of the trimmings that go along with it, not just the piece of plastic and metal itself.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:37 am

crucifyd wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:That is what I loved about Cliffy's remasters.  He could bring up the volume to a more modern level without sacrificing clarity.

I redid the two CD-R releases of the band L.O.U.D.

I brought up the volume

do you mean that Cliffy raises the volume without any clipping?

also, serious question, not meaning it in a snarky way. why would you want to remaster to "make it louder"? is that literally all it is is turning up the volume on the music? isn't that why the stereo/device/whatever has a volume function?

A lot of clipping happens after mastering (or remastering) because it was clipping on that channel in the studio.  You can hide a little of that in the mix, but mastering will unveil it if you pump it.  Mastering uses all of the following to take a recording and make it fuller, and louder:  equalizationcompressionlimiting, editing, specifying the gaps between tracks, adjusting level, fading in and out, noise reductionand other signal restoration and enhancement processes.

I believe that Cliffy did one heck of a job using all of those tools.  I never heard something he mastered that I didn't like.  I can't say that will Coldwell's work.

Why would you make an older recording louder?  Well, part of that is for radio and streaming purposes.  Do you, the listener, want to have to sit there and turn the stereo up and down for every song you heard from different artists if one song was super loud and another super quiet?  No, uniformity gives you the ability to hear all the songs presented at the same perceived volume.

Also, mastering done right will help highlight parts of the song that you may never have heard before.  If done wrong, it gets louder and super bass heavy.  If done right, you might hear the keys in the background you never heard.  You might hear a guitar lick that was once covered in the mix.  It should sound both louder and brighter, in my opinion.  If you merely boost volume, you will just get more ear fatigue.  If you boost what needs boosting while increasing the volume to a more modern level, you will get a much fuller sounding album that you will enjoy listening to.

I hope that clarifies this for you.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:59 pm

Of course, I would be most interested in either a proper remix/master or total re-recorded of "All Stand Together".  That is still my favorite Bloodgood album ever with "Dangerously Close" right behind it.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:04 pm

Yeah, I was hoping that re-record would come to light. Only one song, which is awesome so I'd love to hear them re-do the whole album.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:05 pm

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strype53 Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:53 pm

I missed the original remasters. I think I am more interested in the first album, than the Detonation album. I for one like all the extra stuff included in the booklets!
strype53
strype53
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:56 pm

Looks like the Detonation reissue is still a thing. Roxx still has them on preorder and i got an e-mail from the band that they have them on their site:

http://bloodgoodband.com/bldesped20.html

I was looking at the backcover artwork and it does not appear to be a Roxx release. I see the Frontline logo and another logo. Perhaps the Bloodgood label? I don't have Dangerously Close handy to check and see.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strype53 Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:54 pm

I broke down and ordered it, because I kept seeing it advertised. I felt like I was missing out ha.
strype53
strype53
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:05 am

I received my copy of this. If you've not ordered because you already have it, save your money, unless you want the live bonus tracks. I played this one side by side with the 2010 remaster/reissue from Intense Millennium. It sounds identical. If there are differences, you're gonna need your volume at 11 and have the ears of a canine. I'm bummed I spent $20 on this (incl. shipping). 

That being said, the packaging better than people were saying. It's a several page booklet with all the lyrics.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:58 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:I received my copy of this. If you've not ordered because you already have it, save your money, unless you want the live bonus tracks. I played this one side by side with the 2010 remaster/reissue from Intense Millennium. It sounds identical. If there are differences, you're gonna need your volume at 11 and have the ears of a canine. I'm bummed I spent $20 on this (incl. shipping). 

That being said, the packaging better than people were saying. It's a several page booklet with all the lyrics.

I didn't get in on the Millennium version, so I'm happy to have this.
Also not sure what all the fuss over the packaging was about.  It's like a 8-10 panel booklet with all of the lyrics (in a very readable font).  The only thing that seems a little off is that the images (photo graphs) for the inserts look like they came from an old photo that was scanned at a lower resolution and seem a little washed out.  Not at all the horrible packing Girder made it sound like in their e-mail.  Something tells me there was another reason they didn't carry this.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:22 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote:I received my copy of this. If you've not ordered because you already have it, save your money, unless you want the live bonus tracks. I played this one side by side with the 2010 remaster/reissue from Intense Millennium. It sounds identical. If there are differences, you're gonna need your volume at 11 and have the ears of a canine. I'm bummed I spent $20 on this (incl. shipping). 

I didn't get in on the Millennium version, so I'm happy to have this.
Also not sure what all the fuss over the packaging was about.  It's like a 8-10 panel booklet with all of the lyrics (in a very readable font).  The only thing that seems a little off is that the images (photo graphs) for the inserts look like they came from an old photo that was scanned at a lower resolution and seem a little washed out.  Not at all the horrible packing Girder made it sound like in their e-mail.  Something tells me there was another reason they didn't carry this.

It wasn't just Girder though, Retroactive Records / BoonesOverstock also refused to carry it based on the packaging. And they also sent an email out about it to all their customers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:45 pm

In early 2017, I ordered the Intense Millenium Records version if Bloodgood self titled and and Detonation. I ordered it from a guy in California and each came with a second disc of live bonus material. Does anybody know how many of these were pressed that included the second disc?

Also, Follower of Jesus said the new version of Detonation sounds identical to the 2010 Intense Millenium Records version.

BoonesOverstock has listed the new Legends series debut Bloodgood CD.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:15 pm

Soldier777 wrote:In early 2017, I ordered the Intense Millenium Records version if Bloodgood self titled and and Detonation. I ordered it from a guy in California and each came with a second disc of live bonus material. Does anybody know how many of these were pressed that included the second disc?

Also, Follower of Jesus said the new version of Detonation sounds identical to the 2010 Intense Millenium Records version.

BoonesOverstock has listed the new Legends series debut Bloodgood CD.

That sounds pretty cool..what is the quality like of the live discs?

BTW...here is the info on the bonus discs

http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/bloodgood.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:36 pm

Bought4Life, I am familiar with Scott's No Life to Metal. It never occurred to me to check there. I have the same 2010 Intense Millenium Records version with the bonus disc of the first 2 Bloodgood albums. Only 100 were made.

I also had the cheap KMG 2 on 1 Bloodgood albums for Bloodgood, Detonation, Rock and a Hard Place and out of the Darkness back around 2001. I sold these off a few years ago.

Where I have the very rare first 2 Bloodgood albums, I doubt I will be getting the new versions of Detonation and the debut. If I change my mind and do get these, I will still keep the 2010 versions.

I did get the Shout It Won't Be Long, In Your Face and Shout Back and Ken Tamplin Tamplin CDs. I have the original CD pressings of these and I may sell these. I may get the Tamplin In the Witness Box as well. I have received the It Won't Be Long and In Your Face CDs and the booklets are very professional. I expect the rest will be similar.

I also ordered the Angelica demos, Angelica and Walkin in Faith as well. I have the original CD pressings of these.

I have sold several CDs the past year so I can always sell the original CDs to those mentioned above.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:15 pm

What label is this new Detonation on? Just curious but not ordering again since I have the IMR version already.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strype53 Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:01 pm

I guess i am glad I did not  buy the first reissue.  I am looking forward to getting it!
strype53
strype53
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next