The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jamie Rowe of Guardian doing a Kickstarter for "This Is Home" solo EP

+2
Black Rider
alldatndensum
6 posters

Go down

Jamie Rowe of Guardian doing a Kickstarter for "This Is Home" solo EP Empty Jamie Rowe of Guardian doing a Kickstarter for "This Is Home" solo EP

Post by Guest Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:41 am

Not my thing, but I'll just park it here in case anyone else gets into it..

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jamierowe/this-is-home-ep-jamie-rowe

Info Points:

• $7,500 Budget will cover Recording, Mixing, Mastering, Graphic Design, Manufacturing, and Kickstarter fees.
  • 6 Song EP ** (see below)
  • Using top studio players in Nashville - A LOT of hits between them all.
  • Rock with a tinge of modern country. I'm not scared to say that along with my traditional Bon Jovi, Cheap Trick, and Def Leppard influences, Keith Urban, Parmalee, and Luke Combs influences are also in there. Just know that I'm a rock singer and there will be no fake accents. lol
  • Strong emphasis on songwriting and giving my all to sing them with the best of my abilities.
  • Planning a July 1, 2019 release date.
  • I plan to keep people heavily updated along the way. If you follow me on social media, you already know that I am always accessible and enjoy communicating with my audience.
  • Funding campaign ends on my birthday, April 7th! Guess what I want for my birthday? ;-)

**Stretch Goal planned: If we hit goal, I will add an additional song to the project for every 1,000 dollars pledged above goal. Up to 10 songs!** Again: ALL funds go into the project.

Back to top Go down

Jamie Rowe of Guardian doing a Kickstarter for "This Is Home" solo EP Empty Re: Jamie Rowe of Guardian doing a Kickstarter for "This Is Home" solo EP

Post by alldatndensum Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:24 am

If it were hard rock or metal release, maybe.  Seeing that it just sounds like it will be more country than rock using Nashville session players, I think I will wait until this comes out to hear some of it before I decide if I want it.

Plus, after the two years of waiting for a Guardian project that I did not like, I am wary of this as well.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Jamie Rowe of Guardian doing a Kickstarter for "This Is Home" solo EP Empty Re: Jamie Rowe of Guardian doing a Kickstarter for "This Is Home" solo EP

Post by Black Rider Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:29 am

The Guardian name is so tainted at this point he might as well do a smooth jazz album.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:17 pm

Sounds like a no for me.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:44 pm

I don't do campaigns anymore, but probably wouldn't even if I did because I would be afraid it would sound something like the last Guardian album.

I'll just sit here and wait for another AdrianGale album.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:48 pm

Black Rider wrote:The Guardian name is so tainted at this point he might as well do a smooth jazz album.

Staybrite wrote:I don't do campaigns anymore, but probably wouldn't even if I did because I would be afraid it would sound something like the last Guardian album.

I'll just sit here and wait for another AdrianGale album.

So I have not been a fan of Guardian since Paul Cawley left, and I've never liked Jamie Rowe's voice, but exactly what happened with that last Guardian album? I see a lot of comments about it...and never in a good way.

I know it took a LOOOOONG time to get done for the KS backers...but I am assuming there is more than just that going on?

Last edited by Bought4Life on Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Figured I better clarify that it was Rowe's voice I didn't like....not him as a person. So I added "'s voice")

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:24 pm

It was awful, mostly boring and Palacios solos are completely missing.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:01 pm

Black Rider wrote:It was awful, mostly boring and Palacios solos are completely missing.

I would be pretty upset about waiting that long for a horrible product.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:44 pm

Jamie slammed past his goal...

With 32 days still to go...

$7,749 pledged of $7,500 goal
145 backers
32 days to go

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:53 pm

He finished up with 

$9,290

pledged of $7,500 goal

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:25 pm

Bought4Life wrote:He finished up with 

$9,290

pledged of $7,500 goal

That's great!
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:00 pm

Not something I'd spend money on but it's actually listenable.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:27 pm

This song isn't bad, but I would want to hear more before I bought this.  IF the rest sounds this country, I would pass.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:05 am

I don't think EPs are a good way to break into Nashville.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:01 pm

I'm not a fan of most country music other than Willie Nelson and occasionally some older "classic" Country and Western. But I really like the sound of these two new songs. If you like Jamie's voice and song writing, I think you would like this. If you liked Swing Swang Swung you would probably like this. As a matter of fact, I just went on a trip down memory lane and watched some old Guardian videos on Youtube after listening to these new songs. "Never Say Goodbye" has a huge country vibe to it especially Tony's slide guitar work. You can hear hints of country in the first two "Jamie" albums "Fire and Love" and "Miracle Mile" so it should come as no surprise. The new songs sounds like they are straight from his heart, both lyrically and musically. I may be a little biased because I have spent a lot of time in Nashville visiting my brother and the whole Nashville sound and vibe has rubbed off on me a little bit.
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:42 pm

I don't hear country on Fire and Love and Miracle Mile as much as a bluesy style at times. 
I do enjoy some classic country on occasion, Cash, Willie and Waylon.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down