The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first car meet

3 posters

Go down

My first car meet Empty My first car meet

Post by Blake Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:55 am

Yesterday was my first car meet for the Chariots of the Dead hearse club in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Although there only 2 hearses, 7 people total, it was still a fun time leading our little convoy around town. The looks we get are pretty interesting, and at one point a parking garage attendant told us he was sorry for our loss haha.

My first car meet 20180710
My first car meet 20180711
My first car meet 20180712
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

My first car meet Empty Re: My first car meet

Post by Blake Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:56 am

My first car meet 20180713
My first car meet Fb_img11
My first car meet Fb_img10
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:24 am

Rad!  I know your intent with your hearse is quite evangelical.  Is the club at all a Christian organization?

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:17 pm

Kerrick wrote:Rad!  I know your intent with your hearse is quite evangelical.  Is the club at all a Christian organization?
No, it is not. I am not sure of the religious standing of any of the members, but its a great way to make connections. I did mention what I do with radio and Christian metal, and I showed my mockup pictures of my plan. They liked it. I would like to get involved in some charity stuff locally eventually. Maybe deliver a "hearse-full" of toys, food etc for a drive.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:23 pm

Right on!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:12 pm

Very cool!
An old friend has a late 50's or early 60's era hearse (I think it might have been an Oldsmobile or Cadillac, but don't know for sure).  He played guitar in a punk band and owned a Cafe/sandwich shop for a while.  At one time he had the logo/name for the cafe painted on the doors, and they used to go to most of their band gigs hauling most of the equipment in the back of the hearse.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:17 am

Staybrite wrote:Very cool!
An old friend has a late 50's or early 60's era hearse (I think it might have been an Oldsmobile or Cadillac, but don't know for sure).  He played guitar in a punk band and owned a Cafe/sandwich shop for a while.  At one time he had the logo/name for the cafe painted on the doors, and they used to go to most of their band gigs hauling most of the equipment in the back of the hearse.
Thats cool, I bet he spent alot of money on gas. Mine is a 1968 Cadillac with the factory 472 V8 and I get probably 6 MPG, maybe 8 MPG on the highway.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:58 pm

Blake wrote:
Staybrite wrote:Very cool!
Thats cool, I bet he spent alot of money on gas. Mine is a 1968 Cadillac with the factory 472 V8 and I get probably 6 MPG, maybe 8 MPG on the highway.

I don't think he drove it a lot, but yeah, terrible gas mileage.  It was always in at least some minor state of disrepair, so it didn't even run all the time.  Still it was a cool car.  Last I heard he had given it to a friend who was going to fix it up, but never did.  The friend ended up giving/selling it to a guy somewhere out in Nevada who fixes them up.  Hopefully it will see a new life.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:03 am

Hopefully. Problem with these cars is people will buy them up and turn them into Ghostbusters cars or otherwise destroy them, so alot of the older ones are getting more scarce. I'm fortunate that my 68 has been running pretty well.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down