The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you listening to right now? (II)

+32
Friday13th
L8T
HenrikB
Gorship
Anfauglith
Joe C
messiaen77
alldatndensum
Andreas89
Athanasius
Markus1987
Pro-Zak
Frozen Fire
Ritual Servant
/<
WildWorld
Superjuice
My Awesome Timothy
mr.electric40
Noods
Deepfriar
metaldude
jayhawkfan3602
Opeth3232
Hardcore Christian
Storms of Disillusion
Kerrick
Livna
Black Rider
Machine Fish
11razorwire
mothy
36 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

What are you listening to right now? (II) - Page 34 Empty Re: What are you listening to right now? (II)

Post by mothy Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:11 pm

Some more:
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to right now? (II) - Page 34 Empty Re: What are you listening to right now? (II)

Post by mothy Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:36 pm

mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:28 pm

Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by HenrikB Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:19 am

Ecthirion - Apocalyptic Visions
HenrikB
HenrikB
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:17 am

Wintersun - Sadness and Hate

This band is making me reconsider my general boycott of non-clean vocals over the last decade or so...
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:30 am

mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:40 am

mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:43 am

Andreas89 wrote:Wintersun - Sadness and Hate

This band is making me reconsider my general boycott of non-clean vocals over the last decade or so...

Funny, that was one of the two bands (the other being Orphaned Land) that ended my "boycott" of non-clean vocals too.  Smile  That being said, Wintersun has a history of shenanigans which caused many fans to become ex-fans.  If you dig that style but are put off by that sort of thing, I highly recommend checking out Far Beyond.  Coincidentally, it's a project by Eugen who plays in Ecthirion too, which Henrik just posted above your post.   Cool  The handful of interactions I've had with Eugen over email and such have been very positive and have given me even a greater appreciation for his work.

https://farbeyond.bandcamp.com/album/a-frozen-flame-of-ice

Now playing: Kohllapse - Self Infliction

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:01 am

mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:20 am

Kerrick wrote:

Funny, that was one of the two bands (the other being Orphaned Land) that ended my "boycott" of non-clean vocals too.  Smile  That being said, Wintersun has a history of shenanigans which caused many fans to become ex-fans.  If you dig that style but are put off by that sort of thing, I highly recommend checking out Far Beyond.  Coincidentally, it's a project by Eugen who plays in Ecthirion too, which Henrik just posted above your post.   Cool  The handful of interactions I've had with Eugen over email and such have been very positive and have given me even a greater appreciation for his work.

Orphaned Land eh? #MeToo

I'll check out Far Beyond once I have concluded that this experiment was successful ^^
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:33 am

mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:38 am

Andreas89 wrote:
Kerrick wrote:

Orphaned Land eh? #MeToo

I'll check out Far Beyond once I have concluded that this experiment was successful ^^

#Samesies!   Razz

I don't know how particular you are with lyrics, but I ended up selling off my Orphaned Land CDs.  (Or maybe I still have them... in which case they're for sale haha.)  I'm all for "peace in the Middle East" but once they got into the whole "Christians, Jews, and Muslims are all praying to the same G/god, all paths lead to heaven, etc.," I just couldn't listen to them in good conscience since that is especially un-Christian...

Now playing: Forsaken - Daylight Dies.  One of my favorite tracks from them.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:01 pm

mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:54 pm

mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:35 pm

mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruji-san Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:08 pm

Antestor at the moment. I've been on an unblack kick lately, which basically means listening to a ton of Antestor because ANTESTOOOOORRRRR. I'm thinking about putting on some Slechtvalk here soon. I could also use some Horde tonight.
Haruji-san
Haruji-san
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:04 pm

Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by HenrikB Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:46 am

Eluveitie - Helvetios
HenrikB
HenrikB
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:42 am

Kerrick wrote:I don't know how particular you are with lyrics, but I ended up selling off my Orphaned Land CDs.  (Or maybe I still have them... in which case they're for sale haha.)  I'm all for "peace in the Middle East" but once they got into the whole "Christians, Jews, and Muslims are all praying to the same G/god, all paths lead to heaven, etc.," I just couldn't listen to them in good conscience since that is especially un-Christian...
You're not the first one to feel like that. And sometimes they do hint at syncretism, especially the album cover of All Is One. But as far as I understood the message, it's more like "we live under one sky, we breathe the same air etc etc, stop killing each other". Plus, they're quite particular about what way is the "right" way in ther opinion. And that way contradicts the muslim commands in varying ways; I don't know judaism too well, but I think the way of life they are promoting leans more christian than jewish/muslim (especially the latter).
That being said, OL's message as a whole isn't one to be taken at heart. Islam needs more confrontation than that, at least. Plus, surprise surprise, they don't hold Jesus in the regard He is worthy of.
But that isn't enough for me to throw away their albums. Most metal (and other styles I listen to) lyrics are nonsense anyway. Maybe I'm in the advantage though because English isn't my first language.

NP: Images of Eden - Shield Me
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:14 am

Sunrise - Absolute Clarity
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by HenrikB Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:58 am

Blank - Clean Up My Mess. I had forgotten about these guys, until a FB friend of mine sent me a link to another band with sort of similar music. This was a trio from the neighbouring village from where I live. They were in their teens while they were active.
https://open.spotify.com/artist/5D6TsEobyRgA7WULs3FCR7?si=qhr42w4IR5yM9oB9pcN0FQ
HenrikB
HenrikB
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:26 am

So excited they are working on new material

mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:54 am

Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:57 am

Parakletos - Se Guds Lamm EP
Metal 1

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:28 pm

Antestor - The Bridge Of Death

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next