The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prayer for My Dad

2 posters

Go down

Prayer for My Dad Empty Prayer for My Dad

Post by Nocturnal Servant Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:04 am

Early this morning, my dad was riding his bicycle on the way to work at the voting polls just down the street. On his way, he was hit by a car. Shortly after, me and my mom were awoken by my grandmother banging on the door. We quickly rushed to where my dad was and after he was put into the ambulance, me and my mom drove to the hospital where they took him. Thankfully he didn't have any internal injuries, head trauma, or any concussions. But he is still in a lot of pain and I would greatly appreciate, we would greatly appreciate immediate prayer. It's a miracle from God that he didn't hit his head, at all. He doesn't even have whiplash. He said he felt a sensation of his head being cushioned on the way down. We are still at the hospital. Thank you for your many prayers in advance.

God bless, - MGD
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Prayer for My Dad Empty Re: Prayer for My Dad

Post by Athanasius Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:02 pm

Sorry to hear about your father.  I'll certainly pray for him.  Glad to know it wasn't any worse than it was.
Athanasius
Athanasius
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturnal Servant Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:37 pm

Verbum Lux wrote:Sorry to hear about your father.  I'll certainly pray for him.  Glad to know it wasn't any worse than it was.

Thank you, it means a lot. From what we can tell, he should make a full recovery. However, the laceration on his elbow is starting to swell, and red streaks are starting to appear in places. We'll have to get a doctor to check it out and make sure that it's not getting infected, but if it is some antibiotics should do the trick and he should be just fine.

He's feeling more himself today, all of the medication they have him on had him, what I would call a little "loopy" for a little while there. I'm just glad he's home safe. Me and my mother were scared to death when it first happened, my mother worse than me. I felt bad knowing and seeing how scared she was. For my dad's sake and for my mom's sake I'm glad everything went ok, and I'm sure it's thanks to you guys and everyone else that's been praying and interceding for us. Thanks again Smile

And more importantly praise be to God!
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturnal Servant Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:38 pm

I'm back at the hospital again. The laceration on my Dad's arm caused him to get an infection in his arm, it's pretty bad. They've got him on the strongest IV antibiotics there is. They are acting like it's pretty serious. But I know the Lord will see us through, no matter what happens. The hospital is admitting him right now, and they are doing surgery in the morning. Not sure what happens from there.

Please, please, please be praying for us and especially my Dad. If the infection were to get into his bloodstream he could go into septic shock, which is what caused my cousin Clint to pass away. Please continue to pray, thank you and God bless.

I'm believing God to see us through, as He always does. And if God allows worse to come to worse, He's still God and He is still on the throne. Praise His holy Name.

- MGD
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturnal Servant Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:14 pm

Turns out they may go ahead and do surgery, if so, it won't be long because the surgeon is in the building now. Please continue to pray, and thank you so much for your prayers so far and in advance for future prayers. Thank you and God bless all of you.

- MGD
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturnal Servant Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:00 pm

I'm here with another update:

He's about to go to surgery now, we're just waiting for the anesthesiologist to come here at the surgery holding area. It's weird because I didn't feel the sensation of being nervous, but when my Mom told me that he is on his way to surgery, my heart started racing and I could see the viens in my hands and felt weak and started trembling. I just pray everything goes according to God's perfect will. No matter what happens, I'll still be trusting in the Lord. Thank you all for your prayers, and God bless everyone.

- MGD
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Athanasius Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Praying for you Dad.  Hope he comes through this well.
Athanasius
Athanasius
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturnal Servant Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:56 pm

Verbum Lux wrote:Praying for you Dad.  Hope he comes through this well.

Thank you for your prayers, it means a lot to us and we greatly appreciate it. God bless.

(Update)

He has been admitted to the hospital for at least a couple of days. Me and my Mom are staying here with him until he get's to come home. The surgery went well, however he is still being given plenty of antibiotics through IV and will be for the next day or so. Thanks again all for your many prayers and God bless.

- MGD
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Athanasius Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:47 am

I'm thankful that the surgery went well.  It is good that he has you and your Mother there with him.  Not only for moral support, but to advocate for him.  Will pray for his recovery.
Athanasius
Athanasius
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturnal Servant Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:28 pm

Verbum Lux wrote:I'm thankful that the surgery went well.  It is good that he has you and your Mother there with him.  Not only for moral support, but to advocate for him.  Will pray for his recovery.

Thank you for the kind words, I'm sure that he thinks the same thing. He seems to be doing well this morning, they're gonna keep monitoring him for the next day or so. Thanks for all the prayers and support, it means the world. Smile
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down