The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help KaramKaram (GoFundMe) - GREAT NEWS INSIDE 08/16/2016

+7
Tobi Elektrik
Professor_Valconian
New Creation
KaramKaram
d@v!d
Blake
Hardcore Christian
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Help KaramKaram (GoFundMe) - GREAT NEWS INSIDE 08/16/2016 Empty Help KaramKaram (GoFundMe) - GREAT NEWS INSIDE 08/16/2016

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:48 pm

I thought this probably deserved its own thread
https://www.gofundme.com/antoinesfamily

Excerpt from Blake:
Some of you know Antoine as one of the moderators of the Christian Metal Realm forum, and some of you may not know him at all, but none of that should matter right now. What matters today is that a man and his family are struggling and we have an opportunity to help them. I was not asked by him to start this campaign, but after familiarizing myself with the situation in Venezuela I felt compelled to do something. This is an opportunity to help your fellow man.

Antoine lives in Caracas, Venezuela with his wife and 4 year old son. In recent times, (partly due to the decline in oil prices) Venezuela’s economy has been spiraling out of control due to the country’s reliance on oil for 95% of their exports. This has transformed Venezuela into a country where one fights to live on a day to day basis.

While many items are expensive, others are simply extremely difficult to obtain such as soap, medicine and other essentials. The family has discussed the prospects of moving out of the country but has been unable due to the expenses involved in traveling, VISAS, employment opportunities, a place to live, etc. These are all important things to consider.

It is not very economically feasible to ship essential items into Venezuela as shipping rates are extremely high and packages may be stolen anyway. That is why I am calling for us to unite and help Antoine move his family out of Venezuela and into a safe, stable country. I think we can all agree that no one should have to raise a family in these kind of conditions.
I am unsure on the exact cost of moving but I do know the cost of 3 plane tickets alone can be from $3,000 to $6,000, so rather on focusing on the goal amount, instead give what you feel led to give. Anything will be helpful
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Help KaramKaram (GoFundMe) - GREAT NEWS INSIDE 08/16/2016 Empty Re: Help KaramKaram (GoFundMe) - GREAT NEWS INSIDE 08/16/2016

Post by Blake Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:40 pm

Thanks for posting the topic. I hope everyone can come together and help him out
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Help KaramKaram (GoFundMe) - GREAT NEWS INSIDE 08/16/2016 Empty Re: Help KaramKaram (GoFundMe) - GREAT NEWS INSIDE 08/16/2016

Post by Blake Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:31 pm

Its been about 8 hours and we already have raised $46. Keep it coming everyone!

Also if anyone wants to repost this on other forums you are more than welcome. I only have an account here and on Thomas' forum
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:00 am

We are at $61, a great start, but still a ways to go
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:11 am

Hardcore Christian wrote:While many items are expensive, others are simply extremely difficult to obtain such as soap, medicine and other essentials. The family has discussed the prospects of moving out of the country but has been unable due to the expenses involved in traveling, VISAS, employment opportunities, a place to live, etc. These are all important things to consider.

It is not very economically feasible to ship essential items into Venezuela as shipping rates are extremely high and packages may be stolen anyway. That is why I am calling for us to unite and help Antoine move his family out of Venezuela and into a safe, stable country. I think we can all agree that no one should have to raise a family in these kind of conditions.
I am unsure on the exact cost of moving but I do know the cost of 3 plane tickets alone can be from $3,000 to $6,000, so rather on focusing on the goal amount, instead give what you feel led to give. Anything will be helpful
Let's discuss what it would take for them to get VISA. Is it realistically possible? Is it just a matter of money or are there other considerations.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:30 am

Let's discuss what it would take for them to get VISA. Is it realistically possible? Is it just a matter of money or are there other considerations.
It most likely would be impossible to get them to the states but it is very feasible and logical to think they could possibly make it into another country like Columbia, Peru or even Mexico...

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:47 am

Getting a US VISA (tourist) will not be expensive, in fact is almost free (the price to be paid is ridiculously cheap) after entering the US I could ask for asylum as others Venezuelans are doing, I know some people that have gone this route, of course, not always work, and not always the asylum is given making the people that asked for it to go to their country of residence, and I know that in the last times the US Has become more and more strict on this topic.

The other letdown to go to an English speaking country, is that my wife does not speak English not she understand it, I am in the process of teaching her what I know.

The options we are considering now are Colombia, that can be reached by plane to their capital city Bogota and without the need to cross the boarder by bus which is closed by my government. And the other options we are considering are Chile, Dominican Republic and Mexico, Chile and DR are the easiest to get a resident visa, Chile also has one of the best exonomies of the region not so much DR, and Mexico a Mexican friend of mine who has been in contact with me lately has offered me one of his house for a monthly fee, he also offered me a job in one of the shoes stores he has in the city. The cons of going there regarding Visas are that I would need a lawyer to help in the process and my friend said those are costly and the waiting times are longer.

I keep on praying and I thank you all for your prayers and donations that have clearly blessed us in ways you don't imagine. Being honest, my wife, son and I are really grateful, we thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:22 am

Darth Vader wrote:Getting a US VISA (tourist) will not be expensive, in fact is almost free (the price to be paid is ridiculously cheap) after entering the US I could ask for asylum as others Venezuelans are doing, I know some people that have gone this route, of course, not always work, and not always the asylum is given making the people that asked for it to go to their country of residence, and I know that in the last times the US Has become more and more strict on this topic.

The other letdown to go to an English speaking country, is that my wife does not speak English not she understand it, I am in the process of teaching her what I know.

The options we are considering now are Colombia, that can be reached by plane to their capital city Bogota and without the need to cross the boarder by bus which is closed by my government. And the other options we are considering are Chile, Dominican Republic and Mexico, Chile and DR are the easiest to get a resident visa, Chile also has one of the best exonomies of the region not so much DR, and Mexico a Mexican friend of mine who has been in contact with me lately has offered me one of his house for a monthly fee, he also offered me a job in one of the shoes stores he has in the city. The cons of going there regarding Visas are that I would need a lawyer to help in the process and my friend said those are costly and the waiting times are longer.

I keep on praying and I thank you all for your prayers and donations that have clearly blessed us in ways you don't imagine. Being honest, my wife, son and I are really grateful, we thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Dominican Republic? If my move works out, we could be neighbors!
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:34 am

That would be so neat Adam.
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:42 am

Do you know an estimate on how much it costs to move to Mexico or to another South American Country?
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:54 am

I checked at www.cheaptickets.com and these are the prices, The prices below are for travels in October, I put that day as we would need to do some paperwork before departure to legalize our academic titles, of course it could be sooner or later than that.

Mexico $583 each adult and $473 child
Bogota $315 each adult and $288 child
Chile $484 each adult and $421 child
Dominican Republic $395 each adult and $327 child
Quito $299 each adult and $254 child
Lima $387 each adult and $340 child
Buenos Aires $576 each adult and $501 child

Some of these tickets can also be obtained in local currency which sometimes are cheaper
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:10 pm

So it looks like Buenos Aires is the most expensive by a few dollars. I will adjust the campaign to more accurately reflect what is needed. I set it to 10k originally because I had no clue on the combination of ticket prices, cost of moving belongings, etc.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:15 pm

Lowered it to $2500. Does that seem like a realistic amount? Is that enough for the visas as well?
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:39 pm

Darth Vader wrote:Getting a US VISA (tourist) will not be expensive, in fact is almost free (the price to be paid is ridiculously cheap) after entering the US I could ask for asylum as others Venezuelans are doing, I know some people that have gone this route, of course, not always work, and not always the asylum is given making the people that asked for it to go to their country of residence, and I know that in the last times the US Has become more and more strict on this topic.

Seems like a US VISA would be too much of a gamble with money you don't have. Chile is on my list of places to flee to if things ever were to get really bad in the US. When I was in the DR 15 years ago, I met a Venezuelan and some Colombians living there working. I made me wonder about the economies of those countries. Chile would be good, plus they play metal there. The DR could work out well too. You can work there for a while and then maybe more to PR and then go to the US. Besides Mexico, do you know anyone else in other countries?
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:45 pm

Yes, We have friends in: Chile, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Costa Rica, Panama, USA, Denmark, Spain, and Ecuador. you guys and my friend from Mexico are the ones voluntarily helping us and again we thank you a lot for that.
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:05 pm

Darth Vader wrote:Yes, We have friends in: Chile, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Costa Rica, Panama, USA, Denmark, Spain, and Ecuador. you guys and my friend from Mexico are the ones voluntarily helping us and again we thank you a lot for that.
So, what do you think is the best plan or option? What would you prefer to do? I think you should work out as many details (where, when, how much needed, and how long to be ready) as possible and let us know. That, I believe details like that would help create more support for you.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:16 pm

I mean its your decision but honestly the DR sounds like the best option for many reasons, just IMO
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:51 pm

D@v!d planning is also limited to the support we can get, I mean, I would want to work on the details you mentioned, first WHERE: right now our first option is Mexico for the support my friend in the city can give us. But WHEN? We don't know that yet, as I said above it depends if we can get money to pay the rent and deposit, HOW MUCH? We are doing the maths now. As to what we preferred to do, we just want to leave, I mean righ now wherever we go we KNOW we will be better than where we are now.

Hardcore DR sounds fantastic, but we are also researching schools chances for our son and what we have read about the education there is not as good as we would want. Again, we will be better anywhere else but we also want what's best for our son. I hope what I am
Saying makes sense and not coming as arrogant or selfish or something else.
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Sun May 01, 2016 2:20 pm

Up to $116. If you all havent already you should share the link on social media
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun May 01, 2016 3:21 pm

Darth Vader wrote:I hope what I am
Saying makes sense and not coming as arrogant or selfish or something else.
Its not! Its good to hear what your taking into consideration though Smile
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Mon May 02, 2016 9:14 am

Got to $116 over the weekend. If anyone is up to getting a care package together Karam did say that there were certain items that are scarce and hard to obtain at the moment in his country. I looked into DHL rates for a 10lb box and it was $360 but I'm sure smaller packaged would be less outrageous.

When I talked to DHL they told me you are allowed to send up to 8 items in the medicine category, any more than 8 and you have to get some sort of special approval as a charity or something.

Also they mentioned that in order for him to RECEIVE medicine in the mail on his end he will need to get approval from his local ministry of health. We were thinking about getting some of the really small trial soap bars as those would be lightweight and take up less space. With international shipping weight and mass go LOOONG way.

Darth, do you have any experience with receiving meds and going through the ministry of health?
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Mon May 02, 2016 10:06 am

No experience at all regarding that.
But as I mentioned, a care package can be send through the freight forwarding in Miami and it would cost a 1/3 of what DHL quoted you
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Mon May 02, 2016 11:37 am

I had a hard time figuring out their site, and how to use it. I contacted them via their contact form over a week ago and still haven't heard back
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Tue May 03, 2016 9:53 am

This morning we are up to $196. Keep it coming
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Thu May 05, 2016 10:18 am

Bump! Let's get to $250.00, the 10% mark!
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next